State of La Liga

hamad138

Banned
Is it allowed to have Owners like Abramovic in Spain? Because in Germany theres a certain rule , who forbid that. Most of Teams cant catch up with bayern

hellsangel1

You're very optimistic if you think Barca is in the La Liga race this season. IMO, the league title is Madrid's to lose and with the way the refs have been giving them decisions (and Atletico being on the recieving end of a few harsh calls which resulted in dropped points) I really don't see any other outcome at the end of the season other than a Real victory. It's always tough to repeat as champions especially when you lose your best goal scorer as Atletico did, but it's admirable the way they have been fighting but I doubt if they can keep this team for too long before the vultures start circling and picking up a few of their top players and they will be pegged back further.

Morten

You're very optimistic if you think Barca is in the La Liga race this season. IMO, the league title is Madrid's to lose and with the way the refs have been giving them decisions (and Atletico being on the recieving end of a few harsh calls which resulted in dropped points) I really don't see any other outcome at the end of the season other than a Real victory. It's always tough to repeat as champions especially when you lose your best goal scorer as Atletico did, but it's admirable the way they have been fighting but I doubt if they can keep this team for too long before the vultures start circling and picking up a few of their top players and they will be pegged back further.

I sincerely hope they can keep their level up(as long as we starts beating them again), its good for the league. I still see ignorant pl-fanboys only talk about Barca and Real, they seem to think the cl-final was a fluke for atletico or something, but they are the real deal.

hellsangel1

You're pretty optimistic if you think Barca are still in this title race. With the way the refs have been giving Madrid decisions (and the way the refs have taken some points from Atletico) I don't see any other outcome other than a Real victory at the end of the season.

L

linetty

Just shows you the strength of this league when a team which is 10th is so pathetic and limp against a 10-man Madrid. I remember the days when this league was the very best. this sociedad team would've been in the bottom two. Seriously, La Liga has been very boring for quite some years now. Madrid could've played with 9 men and still won this match.
First of all, this Sociedad is 4 points off the relegation zone so they might as well finish in the very bottom. Their ground is cursed though, even Pep couldn't break them.

Well, Espanyol was never good enough to fight with the top dogs of the leauge. They were already 2-0 down when RM got a player sent off, probably lack of motivation and will to fight back was the reason they waved the white flag. Not much they could do against the CL winners at their ground as well.

At least 6 teams are competing for the first three spots so it's also irrelevant to say the leauge is boring.

BPL is really entertaining but there's a reason why only Chelsea is a threat in CL.

hellsangel1

I sincerely hope they can keep their level up(as long as we starts beating them again), its good for the league. I still see ignorant pl-fanboys only talk about Barca and Real, they seem to think the cl-final was a fluke for atletico or something, but they are the real deal.

Atletico and Valencia are strong but they keep losing some of their starting players almost every season which is only a matter of time when they get weakened because it's tough for them to hold on to their best players. I didn't agree with the ignorant pl-fanboys some years back but it's hard to disagree with them now. There are way too many ordinary teams in La Liga and have been for the last few years. Any time a team has a good player outside of Madrid or Barca, they are almost always playing some where else within a few years time. It's impossible for it to not effect the strength of the league.

Morten

Atletico and Valencia are strong but they keep losing some of their starting players almost every season which is only a matter of time when they get weakened because it's tough for them to hold on to their best players. I didn't agree with the ignorant pl-fanboys some years back but it's hard to disagree with them now. There are way too many ordinary teams in La Liga and have been for the last few years. Any time a team has a good player outside of Madrid or Barca, they are almost always playing some where else within a few years time. It's impossible for it to not effect the strength of the league.

The league is better than a few years ago, i dont see why you would disagree with pl-fanboys before and not now. And btw, PL is the league of the ordinary teams.

hellsangel1

First of all, this Sociedad is 4 points off the relegation zone so they might as well finish in the very bottom. Their ground is cursed though, even Pep couldn't break them.

Well, Espanyol was never good enough to fight with the top dogs of the leauge. They were already 2-0 down when RM got a player sent off, probably lack of motivation and will to fight back was the reason they waved the white flag. Not much they could do against the CL winners at their ground as well.

At least 6 teams are competing for the first three spots so it's also irrelevant to say the leauge is boring.

BPL is really entertaining but there's a reason why only Chelsea is a threat in CL.

Man City if healthy would be tough to beat for this Barca team so I wouldn't exactly sleep on them. And Spain only has 2 main contenders for the CL as well (and Barca isn't one of them).

hellsangel1

The league is better than a few years ago, i dont see why you would disagree with pl-fanboys before and not now.

the league isn't better as a whole. It's just temporarily better at the top (and this Barca team is the worse i've seen in a long time).

Last edited:

Morten

Man City if healthy would be tough to beat for this Barca team so I wouldn't exactly sleep on them. And Spain only has 2 main contenders for the CL as well (and Barca isn't one of them).

There are 3 main contenders, and Barcelona is also one of them.

draconifire

I've never been a Premier League fan (not a fan of the whole kick-and-rush style of football) but it is far more competitive than La Liga (part of it has to do with financial strength and part due to the fact that the refs in BPL are more fairer to the smaller teams and less corrupt compared to their Spanish counterparts).I grew up as a Serie A and La Liga fan in the 90's. I found a more refined and technical style of football more to my taste but it's such a far cry from those glory days that it's just boring now. Atleast Barca were fun to watch in the Pep and Vilanova era but since most of last season, Barca have gone so stale. Seriously, I mostly look forward to the Champions League now........at least things are less predictable there.

Totally agree with you on that, and is my opinion on PL. It might be a problem because of how much difference in quality the top has to the mid table team. It can be quality in player, quality in coaches(look at LE, he looked good in celta. Not much anymore), quality in the training given. Don't know really.

Morten

Tbf i think there is quite a gap between the top 3 teams in PL and the rest, and the best teams in pl isnt all that great compared to the top teams in europe. This leads me to believe that most teams in the pl isnt very good, certainly no better than in Spain.

L

linetty

Barca is still a contender for CL whether you like it or not.

bismp

Barca is still a contender for CL whether you like it or not.

By "contender" you mean that are not out yet,right?

Can we beat Bayern?No
Chelsea?No
RM?No
Atleti?I highly doubt

And,also,you may find it funny,but with the current state,i doubt we can beat MC and Juve too.

Home of Barca Fans