Sell Pique this summer?

Sell Pique?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's done. He'll have a few good games in him, but his performance over the entire season is unacceptable. Little to no leadership with him in defence too, which he should provide being the most senior player and the 4th captain on this team I believe.

Leo_Messi

Only if he is replaced by the likes of de Light, Konaté or another highly rated CB. If Umtiti's knee is messed up it would be unlikely for the club to replace two theoretic starters in the same transfer window. Can't see such a thing happening. He was appealing tonight but Lenglet was not much better and the team as a whole for that matter. There was a severe lack of intensity overall and numerous players were unfocused. Best exemplified with the performances of Coutinho and Alba after they came on.

I would part ways with Piqué in 2020 (I still thing that he has one good season left if he gets rotated regularly and takes nothing for granted) if Umtiti will return and Todibo gets a chance and proves his potential.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Unfortunately, his contract doesn't expire until the summer 2022.

Let's hope Pique leaves on his own and play elsewhere or retires in the next few years.

Givenchy

sell but who in their right mind would even buy him?

I'd keep him if he dropped his wages a little and was happy with a bench role but somehow don't think thats likely

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He has been inconsistent and is definitely declining but his experience still matters. In big games I'd rather have him than some very green CBs.

My concern is whether he is focusing 100% of his attention on playing since he has so many side business such as esport and running FC Andorra etc.

FC433

Depends. If we buy De Ligt then 100% yes; however, if we intend to have Jean-Clair Todibo as our 4th CB then I think we should keep Pique for another season.

shadows

He has been done for quite a while now with very inconsistent performances and off field distractions, one after the other..it seems like he goes looking for it.. But he has a good rapport with the board so no way he is being sold!!

Alik

Sell this summer. We can probably get a good fee for him too.

He won't have anything to add after this season. At least if he had some leadership qualities it would be wise to keep him, but he is not that kind of player.

I wouldn't mind him being relegated to third or fourth CB, even though I think we can find more focused players for those positions.

mesiesta

He is too inconsistent, but still is a top player when in form. He is very good in aerial duels, I think we should keep him as backup CB option for the next few years. I doubt that someone will pay a lot of money for him, so I don't see a reason to sell him at this moment.

Home of Barca Fans