Volleyball

A

AngieJackson

I used to like it, got bored of it though + as soon as immigrated to UK there was no-one to play with and couldn't be asked to look for a club. I was (probably still am) a fan of Polish national team, truly the 2nd best in the world behind Brazil. USA is really good and energetic too though.

World Cup system is an utter joke. How the heck are the teams who win/get a good place in 1st group stages advance to play in the 2nd group stages with good teams instead of those who played worse in the 1st stage ? WTH ?

agreed

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Women World Championship hosted in Italy just ended. Usa-China 3-1.
It almost went to 5th set but USA came back when it already looked 2-2
It was a good tournament

amircule

Olympics here we comeeeeee
eq1rudt9gqh5dhumnmm8.jpg

Neeraj

Brazil beaten by China?! This is bullshit! Ugh. How is China even being competitive in such events? I don't get it! It was a cracker of a game though.

Oh and the Brazilian team is so hot :wub:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Brazil beaten by China?! This is bullshit! Ugh. How is China even being competitive in such events? I don't get it! It was a cracker of a game though.

Oh and the Brazilian team is so hot :wub:

Huh? What? We currently rank 3rd in the world (according to FIVB ranking), behind the US and Brazil and traditionally we have been a powerhouse (along with the US, Cuba etc.) when it comes to women's volleyball.

It was great to see us beating Brazil with this big come-back win amid all the whistles from the Brazilian home crowd.

Last edited:

Yannik

Huh? What? We currently rank 3rd in the world (according to FIVB ranking), behind the US and Brazil and traditionally we have been a powerhouse (along with the US, Cuba etc.) when it comes to women's volleyball.

It was great to see us beating Brazil with this big come-back win amid all the whistles from the Brazilian home crowd.

No surprise here really. China is the 2nd biggest olympic nation after the US, they're dominating in douzens of events.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No surprise here really. China is the 2nd biggest olympic nation after the US, they're dominating in douzens of events.

Well, we usually don't do well on group sports (football, basketball etc.) but women's volleyball is the one that stood out and we have excelled on for a long time. We were more dominant in the 80's and 90's and have been doing worse since, actually.

Men's is a totally different story. :(

F

Flavia

It was a great match. 3-2 and totally deserved for China. Hope they reach the final.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was a great match. 3-2 and totally deserved for China. Hope they reach the final.

Thank you Flavia, we hope to copy what Brazil did 4 years ago in London (advanced as the 4th of the group, beating Russia 3-2 in the quarter-finals and beating the US in the final). :p

Neeraj

Okay, clearly I was VERY ignorant about China in volleyball ! I was also swayed by the commentators and the fact that they qualified fourth. True, China is an olympic powerhouse, but they don't seem to be in the spotlight for team sports as Luft mentioned. When you say volleyball, you always think Brazil, so I assumed it was a bigger upset than it was clearly! This team was very young and inexperienced though, no? Anyway, well done to them!

Yannik

You have the crystal ball, man? ;)

Yes Serbia will be very hard to beat, tougher than the US.

I was actually talking about Beachvolleyball there, the german women team Ludwig & Valkenhorst won gold there after beating 2 favorited brazilian teams in the final and semifinal. But also congratz to Serbia. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans