15 - Andreas Christensen

navidjaan

Well, probably both Mascherano and Mathieu will leave next summer, so who knows what could happen? Doubt Chelsea would give him away though.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Naw, we want him for our team next season, especially with this probably being Terry's last year, as well as Iva and Cahill being 33 and 32 respectively.

But yeah, I hope he does well against you too. :D

BarçaBarça

Naw, we want him for our team next season, especially with this probably being Terry's last year, as well as Iva and Cahill being 33 and 32 respectively.

But yeah, I hope he does well against you too. :D

Well, now you paid 38M. for a big wig, so I think you are settled for the next 5 years with him. It would be a shame if a youngster stood in the way of his leadership, so you can easily offload Christensen to us now :D

BorussiaBarcelona

Christensen will either re-join Chelsea next summer or stay with Gladbach.
If the second happens it will be a transfer fee of around €20M with Chelsea receiving an option to buy him back(for at least €30M) a couple years down the road.

BarçaBarça

He has just said that he wants to chase his chance at Chelsea even though the backline seems pretty fixed with Luiz, Azpilicueta and Cahill.

As I see it Zouma still is the first-sub, so he has to compete for the sub-minutes with Aké, who has a full season of premier league experience before this season where he also got 9 full games - it will be a tough job, but lets see if they truly believe in him.

xXKonan

Christensen is a better fit for Conte's back three than Zouma is.

Zouma is a great talent without a doubt, problem is he's not good enough on the ball, at least not the level Conte requires. He can improve in that aspect but between him and Christensen, the latter is much more suited for Conte's back three than Zouma currently is.

Zouma needs a loan for him to get back into proper rhythm again and where he can improve.

BarçaBarça

Christensen is a better fit for Conte's back three than Zouma is.

Zouma is a great talent without a doubt, problem is he's not good enough on the ball, at least not the level Conte requires. He can improve in that aspect but between him and Christensen, the latter is much more suited for Conte's back three than Zouma currently is.

Zouma needs a loan for him to get back into proper rhythm again and where he can improve.

Luckily that is a Chelsea specialty :mathieu:

Messi983

He has just said that he wants to chase his chance at Chelsea even though the backline seems pretty fixed with Luiz, Azpilicueta and Cahill.

As I see it Zouma still is the first-sub, so he has to compete for the sub-minutes with Aké, who has a full season of premier league experience before this season where he also got 9 full games - it will be a tough job, but lets see if they truly believe in him.

So having all those options already why they still want to sign Sanchez?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Tbh I can see him displacing Cahill at some point. I'd say he's likely to be first in line for a chance in the defence. Cahill is good but not amazing and also no spring chicken any more at 32.

I agree Zouma should go on loan, it'd be silly to sell him as he's a good defender.

navidjaan

He fits best in David Luiz' role as the libero, but got the talent to play either position needed in their central defense.

Yannik

Chelsea set to buy Rüdiger from Roma for mad money. Place a cheeky bid on AC if that happens :D

Yeah, Christensen is a lot better than Rüdiger. Anyone at this point should be submitting 20m bids because Chelsea opbviously have no clue what's going on.

Home of Barca Fans