• Real Madrid

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Leo

Banned
United aren't the biggest in every department but they are biggest in most, so when you do the calculations and taking everything into account, United are the biggest club in the world, as said only Madrid can challenge them on this and tonight is the 2 biggest teams playing each other.

Don't even go there with Barcelona, yes maybe they are the best team in the world at present, but they aren't the biggest team in the world, nowhere near infact, they've always played 2nd fiddle to Madrid and 70% of Barcelona's history (that people will remember anyway) have been in this glory era they are in now.

As for this sterotype of an English person you are talking about, i'm not even going to go there because i don't have a clue what you are talking about. But by the sounds if an English person believes England may win the World Cup (just like other big country's think they might), people outside England don't like and English people are deluded or arrogant. If an English person wants or thinks there team might win and gives reasons for thinking this = arrogant. If an English person believes the PL is the best league in the world, which many believe it is = arrogant. If an English person believes so and so English player is a great player and one of the best in the world = arrogant, it's funny stuff really :lol:

See what i said to you before, to me the agenda and PROBLEM seems to be against English people, so don't even go there with this 'stereotyping' and 'arrogance' because it's just a load of shite and shite anti-PL and English folk make up as a reason for hating the English when the real problem is them.

Manu U was relegated many times and you call them "the biggest"! in England only Arsenal I think has not played in 2nd division since it's promotion to EPL. MANU decent club but not the biggest by far!!!

Visca barca :barca scarf:

Ursegor

World Champion
Manchester United is a relatively new phenomenon. 63 % of their domestic league titles and 66 % of their CL titles have been won under their current manager. Between the founding of an English first division football league in 1888 and post WWII, United had won a total of 2 championships in 62 years. Biggest club. lol Indonesian rednecks wearing Rooney jerseys in masses doesn't make United the biggest club in the world. It only shows that the Premier League is the most marketable league in the world.

I hope that United trash Madrid by the way. Beating United would be a lot easier from a Barcelona point of view than beating Madrid in a possible tie later on. I don't care if the English media would gloat or not until then.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well other countries show dead body's on front pages of peoples brains blown out (man/woman or child), what's your point?
So? If there are dead bodies on the front page then there's usually quality journalism behind it, people actually going out to warzones and reporting what's happening while risking their lives. It has absolutely nothing to do with tapping phones. I've never seen pictures of people with "brains blown out" here, or indeed anywhere I've been.

We are talking sport here and fact is the British media is one of the most neutral out there when it comes to reporting sport from a previous game ie. one of our teams vs another country's, there's no bias OR if there is, it's not OTT how it is in other countrys.
That's not a fact... It's an opinion based on very limited knowledge (do you know Italian? Spanish? French? German?)

I don't care about anything else, every country's press make shite up, it's what tabloids do and it's the only way tabloids can stay in business since the emergence of the internet. The tapping up you are talking about, the people response have been punished or are being punished and that Newspaper (which was a shitty Sunday newspaper) no longer exists because of that.

Yes, NotW is gone but the Sun remains. Daily Mail, Daily Star, Daily Mirror etc. It's a shame because there's several good newspapers out there like the telegraph and the guardian. I'm not saying Marca, As, Sport and MD are good either, but you seem to believe there's nothing wrong with British journalism... When in truth it's about as bad as in Spain.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
man utd only enjoyed very few years at the top. they are making almost 100M less in revenues now than us. Barca sells the most no. of jerseys and has the most no. of fans in SNS.
it definitely has to be MILAN or the white scums.

Alissa

The English media only recently realized how good Pirlo is so you can't deny the fact that they are pretty ignorant when it comes to non-epl players. And that my dear is arrogance. Their opinion is: if a player doesn't shine against an English team or hasn't made it in the mighty EPL then he's not a player, I can only laugh at them really.

Have you forgotten the famous 'yes but could he make it on a cold Monday (Tuesday?) evening against Stoke' quotes? He, meaning Messi. Go figure.

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
if any one has the barca squad value vs man city squad value pic done by the sun this is a good time to post it.

also re: media hates man utd. yh it really shows when a team score vs man utd and the commentator has the most laid back 'oh and he scores' but when man utd score even a tap in :blowup:

Banana-Rama

This is sacrilege, but part of me wants Madrid to beat United in this tie. The reason is, I am so sick of hearing the English media and their fans saying they have the best league in the world and that La Liga is shit. Of course, what makes this hard is Mourinho and CR7 and make no mistake that I want Madrid immediately trashed in the next round ... but I would not mind them beating United.

Does anyone else agree?

i have never once heard anyone in the english press say that la liga is shit, now your just making stuff up :slap:

F

Flavia

Biggest and all that talk aside, I agree no Barça fan should be wanting rm to win. It doesn't matter if it's United, inter or Chelsea. rm must always lose.

Unless you support a epl team that is not United, it doesn't make sense.

Tezemery

Biggest and all that talk aside, I agree no Barça fan should be wanting rm to win. It doesn't matter if it's United, inter or Chelsea. rm must always lose.

Unless you support a epl team that is not United, it doesn't make sense.
Completly agree, there is no team in the universe that i could ever want rm to beat.
I wish luck to Utd even though most of there fans hate us :p

Caps

I'm getting so irritated with Sky Sports' coverage of this.

Ronaldo the second greatest player of all time apparently (not even close).
Its THE 'perfect game'?... a counter attacking team versus a half counter half pretend possession hybrid team? Um.. no. The perfect game from a footballing perspective is Barca v Bayern. Or v Madrid, as Barca and Madrid styles are perfect matches for each other.

I think what you mean is.. its the most dramatic game. Mou and Alex, CR coming back to old trafford etc... So from a 'story' non-footballing point of view... still no. Cause I mean, clearly Barca v Madrid has no history, drama, story or passion... oh wait..

The perfect game? I'm loling so hard.

Home of Barca Fans