Mavericky Puig

BBZ8800

notifications aren't working, he won't visit this thread until Puig has a bad game :p

I am not that active lately.
And with notifications not working, replying is quite random.

*DonAk, about me being an opportunist, I am not in the mood of fighting over every little thing.

Riki played well lately.
He could be a squad player, it seems.

But still, with his physique, nothing has changed.
Plus, remember that he played vs Mickey Mouse teams, on matches where the opponents had nothing to play for and without home fans.
I still can't imagine him playing against Atletico away, Bayern away, Real, English teams and similar.
On the other hand, on Camp Nou vs Mickey Mouse La Liga teams who parked a bus, his physique is not a problem and his creative passes are quite useful.

But again, not every match is the same type of match.

Gnidrologist

It's as if you ingore what happens on the field just to keep tired outdated narrative on the flow. He has played matches against large grown men harassing him and him still going out on top. And not just by being quicker than anyone else most of the time, but even throwing off guys by using his body and wiggling. He ain't that weak and in combo with trmendous agility, he's more of a menace to large physical guys than they are to him. Only doubt here is the usual one - will he have consistency in progress and right mentality. Guys like Samper is typical example of thing going wrong on most of these ways. Weak mentality, not consistent and halting in development. Despite being quite large. ;)
One thing Puig has in spades (besides other pros) is mentality. Something that gets a bit underrated about him. Being the smallest guy in the classroom probably helped.

vegitot

Both Vidal and Busquest out so Puig will play against Napoli.

Chance for him to show the whole europe his quality. Of course if he wont play well, that is normal

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am not that active lately.
And with notifications not working, replying is quite random.

*DonAk, about me being an opportunist, I am not in the mood of fighting over every little thing.

Riki played well lately.
He could be a squad player, it seems.

But still, with his physique, nothing has changed.
Plus, remember that he played vs Mickey Mouse teams, on matches where the opponents had nothing to play for and without home fans.
I still can't imagine him playing against Atletico away, Bayern away, Real, English teams and similar.
On the other hand, on Camp Nou vs Mickey Mouse La Liga teams who parked a bus, his physique is not a problem and his creative passes are quite useful.

But again, not every match is the same type of match.

He played against Atletico in a very important match and was one of our best players. Stood his ground against Thomas.

BBZ8800

He played against Atletico in a very important match and was one of our best players. Stood his ground against Thomas.

I don't want to spoil the party, but Arthur was the 2nd best midfielder in the world for 2 years for more or less the same users who like Puig currently.
Yet, Arthur played way more good matches, against big teams, competitive teams, on matches with fans.

So, let's slow down.

Majority of matches in the last 30 days where like some weird, friendly, off season matches without too much passion from anyone.
Not too many physical duels, fouls, yellow cards, red cards.

Last edited:

Birdy

And Arthur is still an awesome midfielder, that the non-existing tactical plan of our team could not make use of
(in case you somewhat think that your opinion about Arthur got vindicated. It did not)
I

vegitot

I don't want to spoil the party, but Arthur was the 2nd best midfielder in the world for 2 years for more or less the same users who like Puig currently.
Yet, Arthur played way more good matches, against big teams, competitive teams, on matches with fans.

So, let's slow down.

Majority of matches in the last 30 days where like some weird, friendly, off season matches without too much passion from anyone.

Arthur 2nd best midfielder? When?

BBZ8800

Arthur 2nd best midfielder? When?

On this forum for until a few weeks ago.
Open his topic anywhere in the past two seasons and read the discussions, delusion, replies and insults to users who pointed to some obvious flaws long time ago.

xXKonan

I'm one of the few that still thinks Arthur is not as bad as it seems and perhaps at Juve he can prove us wrong.

Puig? give him a full season before we can get on the hype train. Sure he's doing well now but his competition is bascially old legs and an injured FDJ and Arthur who is just sitting there until the end of the CL. The real test is next season and he will be going up against the likes of Pjanic, FDJ, Pedri and Alena for those CM spots.

fergus90

I'm one of the few that still thinks Arthur is not as bad as it seems and perhaps at Juve he can prove us wrong.

Puig? give him a full season before we can get on the hype train. Sure he's doing well now but his competition is bascially old legs and an injured FDJ and Arthur who is just sitting there until the end of the CL. The real test is next season and he will be going up against the likes of Pjanic, FDJ, Pedri and Alena for those CM spots.

I?m not entirely convinced Arthur will improve his game under Sarri to be quite honest. Although if Sarri see?s as him a Jorginho type player to keep possession and cycle the ball he will be okay. That being said Jorginho is more capable of maintaining stamina across 90 minutes.

Arthur showed promise at first but in my opinion Puig across pre season games in the past and his appearances now has showed more natural ability and dynamism than the former.

serghei

So, let's slow down.

:lol:

How are you so surprised that developing players doesn't work in very flawed teams with terrible management? To develop players you need top class management. End of discussion. One without the other is just not possible.

I?m not entirely convinced Arthur will improve his game under Sarri to be quite honest. Although if Sarri see?s as him a Jorginho type player to keep possession and cycle the ball he will be okay. That being said Jorginho is more capable of maintaining stamina across 90 minutes.

Arthur showed promise at first but in my opinion Puig across pre season games in the past and his appearances now has showed more natural ability and dynamism than the former.

There was no place for Arthur in the team. The team doesn't play like a true possession side. They need legs in midfield to cover for Messi and Suarez. This is not Arthur's strong point, rather one of his flaws.

Doubt Juve is a good option either. Tough luck for him. Normally, Barca was great fit, but not this old version ran by veterans. If he survived a few more years until Xavi came, with a more energetic side, things could've panned out differently with him, but it is what it is.

I agree he lacked great mentality to force things himself, which was disappointing. But there are players who have more luck and succeed without having that... so... one of those many cases with promising players who don't really develop well in time.

Time is not lost, but doubt Juve will give him more things than Barca did. Juve is basically italian weaker Barca at this point.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans