Víctor Valdés suffers ACL tear

Djab

It's the worst. Ruined my last night and today. And my internet connection fucked up and I couldn't get the news and I was nervous like shite, and I know now why I was nervous.
GSW legend.

Ron

Old-School
I'm not wishing for anyone to get injured like that, but to be honest, I've never liked Victor Valdes. he wanted to leave Barça, Karma bitch slapped him in the face. now I just hope we won't get stuck with him for next season. He's the best goalkeeper in Barça's history, but Ter-Stegen shouldn't pay the price for Valdes' injury.

PaCmAn

I'm not wishing for anyone to get injured like that, but to be honest, I've never liked Victor Valdes. he wanted to leave Barça, Karma bitch slapped him in the face. now I just hope we won't get stuck with him for next season. He's the best goalkeeper in Barça's history, but Ter-Stegen shouldn't pay the price for Valdes' injury.

WTF. Since when leaving Barca a criminal offence? Valdes won everything with the club, maybe he wants a new challenge, nothing wrong in that. Me personally I hope he does renew for another year.

F

Frejsgodes

WTF. Since when leaving Barca a criminal offence? Valdes won everything with the club, maybe he wants a new challenge, nothing wrong in that. Me personally I hope he does renew for another year.

Signing a keeper with an ACL injury? Forget it. That's bad business. It's time to move on.

Trickykid

I rarely, if ever, get angered by posts in here, but this one? this one really pissed me off. How the HELL can you possibly claim that VV deserved this?!

tsss i remember thinking at the time of his injury that my brother did exactly the same thing a few years ago, didn't land properly, and was out for a year with acl tear + meniscus

I was never a big fan of Valdes but he was having a superb season and this must really be crushing for him. His dreams of PL are destroyed imo. Monaco may still buy him.
Or... We let Pinto retire and become a goalkeeping coach, buy Ter Stegen and keep Valdes one extra year. Oier stays 3rd.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Thanx Flavia.
So sad to lose the club legend this way. He was having one of his best seasons too and had a good shot at being Spain's no1 for World Cup :(
over Casillas? With all due respect, but he never had a chance.

garland

Terribly sad news for V.V. at a very inopportune time. Regardless of how his time at Barca ends, he will be remembered as a legend between the pipes.

Pinto is a great shot stopper. I believe in the Flying Ponytail!

F

Flavia

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 03/27/2014 17:40

Doctors Ulrich Boenisch and Ricard Pruna will conduct surgery on the keeper's ACL in Germany

According to the Club’s Medical Services, Víctor Valdés will undergo surgery on his ACL in Augsburg, Germany, on Monday, 31 March. The surgeons that will conduct the operation are Ulrich Boenisch and Ricard Pruna.

After the surgery, FC Barcelona will issue a medical report with the results of the operation.

Gilberto

Wtf man? At times, I've also been sceptical about VV but this season he has been one of the best goalies in the world, and I am not even exagerating. It was clear he tried his best to make his last season a success and i think he did (untill this horrible moment) and this is your reaction?

Home of Barca Fans