Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 3-1

It looks like the team wasn't playing at their full capacity, which is good for the CL game coming up.
I'd rather we play like this if it means showing up in the CL

Why do you think they didn't try?

They did try, but it seemed to me like they were only pressing the gas pedal when necessary, like if there was a counter attack from the other team.
It would make sense to not play too hard when you have the most important game of the season so far coming up in 4 days.
Either that or they are very tired from all the recent games
I hope they were just saving their legs for their next match

Gari

Valverde: “The 4-2-3-1 is a possibility to play in home games but it depends on each game, sometimes you expect something different from the opponent that does not happen because they have changed up their system.”

eaman

Actually, the football under Pep wasn't always entertaining. People complained about Tito football too. Particularly as we usually kept possession at extremely high rates, forcing the other team to sit back and defend - a bit like this game. People forget.

Yes and we also don't have xavi iniesta and alves out there

eaman

A good game coz it gets the cobwebs out. Hopefully some good 4 days of preparation for the Lyon game now

Joan

7 days rest before, 4 after. Think playing seniors should be good for the rhythm.

EdmondDantes

A performance as though the players visibly had their eyes on the upcoming Champions League game.

A set piece and a penalty kick to go 2-1. Very pedestrian but I'll take it if it means we play well on Wednesday.

Porque

Semedo+Dembele down that right flank is pure fuego. I am loving that combination that we simply have not seen enough of. Infact Wague+Dembele could even be great.

Plus that last 5 minutes with Dembele+Alba flanking the left and Malcom+Semedo flanking the right. The team had too much pace that it almost blew Valverde's socks off. Imagine adding Alena in the midfield too and we would have more vertical than a straight line.

Valverde has so many possibilities with the squad this season, that despite still being on for the treble, we haven't even scratched the surface.

Richard.H

Hello Everyone!

I had the privilege to attend this match and take some pictures. I will post pictures later but first I want to do an analysis. It was my first time watching Barcelona and here are some things I observed when you are watching from the stands:

* Messi really is as static as he looks on TV. However, as soon as he gets the ball you can sense the defense becoming a lot more alert and organized. it was fascinating watching this because he would literally just walk but as soon as he got the ball he would make some magic happen. In fact some of his dribbles would happen so fast that I did not even know how he got past defenders.

* Pique looks more like the captain of the team than Messi. He shouts at a lot of players and seems to tell other defenders and sometimes mids (I saw him yelling at Arthur) specific instructions. He truly looks like the heart of the team, something we truly missed when Puyol was gone.

*Catalan crowd doesn't like Coutinho as much as this forum. Several Catalan fans around me seemed angry and this old lady kept shouting what sounded like "no mas de tres toques!" which means "no more than three touches". It was fascinating hearing this since Barcelona fans really do value their one touch football.

*Crowd loved Vidal and his hard work. I'm glad the fans really enjoy the hard work he puts on the pitch.

*Ter Stegen's cool and calmness is fascinating to watch live. The dude looks so calm and his kicks are amazing to watch. Pinpoint accuracy.

*Dembele is INCREDIBLY fast live. Holy shit his acceleration is crazy. The crowd would get insanely hyped everytime he got the ball due to his speed.

Those are some of the things I observed that aren't as easy to tell when watching the game on TV. It was a fascinating experience. I'll post some pics now.

Richard.H

2vak0uw.jpg

e5i3xy.jpg

zo97v4.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Everyone!

I had the privilege to attend this match and take some pictures. I will post pictures later but first I want to do an analysis. It was my first time watching Barcelona and here are some things I observed when you are watching from the stands:

* Messi really is as static as he looks on TV. However, as soon as he gets the ball you can sense the defense becoming a lot more alert and organized. it was fascinating watching this because he would literally just walk but as soon as he got the ball he would make some magic happen. In fact some of his dribbles would happen so fast that I did not even know how he got past defenders.

* Pique looks more like the captain of the team than Messi. He shouts at a lot of players and seems to tell other defenders and sometimes mids (I saw him yelling at Arthur) specific instructions. He truly looks like the heart of the team, something we truly missed when Puyol was gone.

*Catalan crowd doesn't like Coutinho as much as this forum. Several Catalan fans around me seemed angry and this old lady kept shouting what sounded like "no mas de tres toques!" which means "no more than three touches". It was fascinating hearing this since Barcelona fans really do value their one touch football.

*Crowd loved Vidal and his hard work. I'm glad the fans really enjoy the hard work he puts on the pitch.

*Ter Stegen's cool and calmness is fascinating to watch live. The dude looks so calm and his kicks are amazing to watch. Pinpoint accuracy.

*Dembele is INCREDIBLY fast live. Holy shit his acceleration is crazy. The crowd would get insanely hyped everytime he got the ball due to his speed.

Those are some of the things I observed that aren't as easy to tell when watching the game on TV. It was a fascinating experience. I'll post some pics now.

:thumbsup:

Your general conclusion? We look better live than on TV?

Havesaks

Nice reading, richard.

Pique looks more like the captain of the team than Messi. He shouts at a lot of players and seems to tell other defenders and sometimes mids (I saw him yelling at Arthur) specific instructions. He truly looks like the heart of the team, something we truly missed when Puyol was gone.

Especially this part make one glad. Messi isnt really a leader, so its really nice that Pique has taken leadership in his hands. He fits the profile better. Want to know if Valverde has played a prt in that development.

FinBarcelonafan

Hello Everyone!

I don't understand how you think people like Coutinho here. He sucks this season. He is useless. Valverde has killer yet another player.

Coutinho is the most critized player right now and for a reason.

Home of Barca Fans