Liga | Round 24: Atlético de Madrid vs. FC Barcelona 1-2

i_bleed_blaugrana

Must win. We need to pick up form, badly. If we aren't up for it, we don't deserve anything this season. I did think a lot of Paris was fatigue but this is crucial to getting the team to gel. Idk why, I know it shouldn't but I just have a weird feeling about that return leg. Probably just wishful thinking but I have a feeling we will at least make the tie interesting and the only way we can get to that point is a big boost in confidence.

Those boosts come from winning games like this, so if we want to have anything to play for the rest of the season, we have to win Sunday. Players have to give 110%, Lucho HAS to get it right with the team selection and subs. Just play the fucking Gala XI already. I swear, if Lucho starts Gomes again...

serghei

Must win. We need to pick up form, badly. If we aren't up for it, we don't deserve anything this season. I did think a lot of Paris was fatigue but this is crucial to getting the team to gel. Idk why, I know it shouldn't but I just have a weird feeling about that return leg. Probably just wishful thinking but I have a feeling we will at least make the tie interesting and the only way we can get to that point is a big boost in confidence.

Those boosts come from winning games like this, so if we want to have anything to play for the rest of the season, we have to win Sunday. Players have to give 110%, Lucho HAS to get it right with the team selection and subs. Just play the fucking Gala XI already. I swear, if Lucho starts Gomes again...

The 4th goal is what makes this almost impossible imo. If PSG scores we need 6 goals. The tie ends when they score, or if we don't get 1 goal at least in the first half. If it's 2-0 at HT everything is possible, but I highly doubt a good team like PSG can be turned around after winning the first tie 4-0. This is not Wolfsburg we're talking about.

Devils

So this weekend is now make or break for Lucho.

A win against Atletico could save our season. If this doesn't motivate our team then it's hopeless.

Altomonte

With Real Madrid losing 2:1 against Valencia, La Liga is back in play. But we MUST win the match on Sunday. Let's hope that Luis Enrique is preparing the way he should. We need Pique, Alba, Busquets and Iniesta back at their best. Umtiti will perform well again with Pique next to him. Sergio Roberto will get back his confidence but he must make sure to avoid ugly Felipe Luis tackles. Felipe Luis will make him pay if he gets too close.

PhilS

I'd start Masch at RB against Atletico. And midfielders who will be highly energetic on defense, not Gomes.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Assuming this Lucho 4-2-3-1 thing is true...

[formation=barca,10]
ter Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Roberto-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-Alba
0-0-Rakitic-0-Busquets-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Iniesta-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

We have to push the defensive line a bit back and sit slightly deeper, and Messi would have to start out from the right wing position. This will be a more direct style with Rakitic and Busquets protecting the CBs when Roberto and Alba push forward.

I'm not sure how else this can work.

Not Barca style I know before someone complains, but what else can you do right now in the situation we're in?

F

FlaFCB

Assuming this Lucho 4-2-3-1 thing is true...

[formation=barca,10]
ter Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Roberto-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-Alba
0-0-Rakitic-0-Busquets-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Iniesta-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

We have to push the defensive line a bit back and sit slightly deeper, and Messi would have to start out from the right wing position. This will be a more direct style with Rakitic and Busquets protecting the CBs when Roberto and Alba push forward.

I'm not sure how else this can work.

Not Barca style I know before someone complains, but what else can you do right now in the situation we're in?

Think I'd still prefer a 3-4-3, as we have no rb. Too bad Masch is injured.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think I'd still prefer a 3-4-3, as we have no rb. Too bad Masch is injured.

I would in theory prefer that too, but we don't have enough CBs to commit to that system. One injury to one of our CBs and we're left with only three. Barca B also short on CBs.

Home of Barca Fans