CL | Round 5: Juventus - FC Barcelona 0-0

Stoichkov1

Our defence is amazing.

If last year we had Valverde instead of Lucho we would have won against Juventus with Neymar still in the team.

jairzinho

Workmanlike performance. It’s weird to see us play this way but being pragmatic is necessary sometimes. Nice save from Stegen in the last couple minutes.

Joan

We are solid at the back, even the midfield did the job, improved a lot since last year. Valverde's doing well in that regard.
What we lack is creativity in the middle and wingers. Roberto should boost the midfield and creation. I hope Valverde will change the attacking setup. It's a must.

Good game. Top of the group.

Givenchy

Workmanlike performance. It’s weird to see us play this way but being pragmatic is necessary sometimes. Nice save from Stegen in the last couple minutes.

was thinking this as well. how many times over the years can we say our defence is a strong point :lol:

Umtiti is so damn good, in a few years he'll be hailed the best defender in the world

Windhook

How is our defensive record compared to previous seasons?

Umtiti, Ter Stegen and Busquets are the basis of Barca's succesful season so far. The crisis in attack is something else, we barely create scoring opportunities, especially in away games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't won in Italy in years even with better Barca teams. Result is good, display not so much.

JedBanker

Well at least we got the points, wasn't a inspiring performance at all, but think this game shows Valverdes mind set completely: dont take risks and priorities your games. We should definitely win the league at least. But UCL is out of the question, specially teams like PSG who have scored i think 77 season goals already.

jairzinho

Won’t rule out CL league yet. Dembele comes back healthy before the knockout rounds and we make a couple signings in January, anything is possible.

raskolnikov

I still feel we are not top tier. Real, psg, city and bayern would be favourites h2h and all remaining epl teams and juve are basically near our level.
We are oursiders who could win it with a favourable draw and a messi in godmode. At this point im happy with la liga and not be humiliated in cl.

serghei

I still feel we are not top tier. Real, psg, city and bayern would be favourites h2h and all remaining epl teams and juve are basically near our level.
We are oursiders who could win it with a favourable draw and a messi in godmode. At this point im happy with la liga and not be humiliated in cl.

Only City is looking a cut above atm. PSG has a very easy group, and no competition in Ligue 1, that will hurt them. Plus, they don't have a top class manager.

Alik

90 minutes of backward passing, such a joy. I know that the players did not really care about this game and were saving their energy for Valencia but come on.. Attack at least a little bit, for the fans that traveled to Torino.

I don't think we didn't care. Otherwise, why bring on Messi? I think we tried, but failed horribly at creating an attacking threat.

Boring match. Should have just checked the result.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans