Zinedine Zidane

Stoichkov1

This didn't happen frequently at all. Betis game comes to mind. The only running theme is that RM had one good half of play. Lack of goals was an on and off thing, see Sevilla game. Basically there is no continuity in winning and scoring resulting from not controlling whole games. And if you're going to go with some altered form of "RM was lucky to win 5 trophies" then we really have nothing to talk about, do we? :lol:

In the league last season you didn't dominate the teams you faced at all.

I remember countless matches where real madrid played like garbage and a ramos header/last min goal gave you the 3 points.

JamDav1982

The fact that unique players are never dropped, because they can finally turn up for a second and be more meaningful than "more deserved" backups?

Dont think either of them have gone through form as bad as this in time at club nor would have better alternatives.

It would be a big thing for Real to drop him and he probably wouldnt accept it.

I agree Zidane cant drop him even if makes team worse.

El Gato

Villarato!

I remember countless matches where real madrid played like garbage and a ramos header/last min goal gave you the 3 points.

Not one of them was a 0-0 with Ramos scoring the only goal of the game. Like I said, the only reason we ever struggled was because of lack of 2 decent halves. Last season we barely ever had that problem too.

JamDav1982

Wouldn't agree about Messi, but Suárez should've been benched when he was bad for an extensive period IMO. Even Paco was better at that time.

The flip side of that is that Valverde allowed him to play and find his way back into better form. Which is normally the approach managers take with their star players.

JamDav1982

You were telling me a few days ago Real have been the best team in the world the past few seasons.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wouldn't agree about Messi, but Suárez should've been benched when he was bad for an extensive period IMO. Even Paco was better at that time.

It doesn't matter who is better at the time TBH. The key thing is to have the best player for the position return to his form. He won't ever do it on the bench, especially the stars who generally turn around the games they're not expected to influence when on goal drought or a dip in form. Cruel to backups, but hey, that's how the cookie crumbles.

JamDav1982

Real Madrid and you can't argue that. They won CL+la liga, even if they didn't dominate mid-table teams they steamrolled Bayern, Atletico and Juve in the CL.

Ok but you seem to be trying to down play them as in the league when Zidane had them as best in world.

They also had refereeing decisions go in favour to help 'steamrolll' Bayern.

KingLeo10

best team in the world in 2014 was atletico. without costa's injury for the final, they would have won it in 90 mins. for 2016, leaning towards either of barca/bayern. barca hit the wall, while bayern were unlucky to not make the final.

JamDav1982

best team in the world in 2014 was atletico. without costa's injury for the final, they would have won it in 90 mins. for 2016, leaning towards either of barca/bayern. barca hit the wall, while bayern were unlucky to not make the final.

Agreed but apparently it was Real as they won CL.

Stoichkov1

Ok but you seem to be trying to down play them as in the league when Zidane had them as best in world.

They also had refereeing decisions go in favour to help 'steamrolll' Bayern.

I'm not trying to downplay them, I'm stating a fact. Real Madrid played like garbage in some matches and at the end had the 3 points thanks to a ramos header or a late goal.

Home of Barca Fans