2011 UEFA Super Cup: Barca - Porto 2-0

Science Kid

Meeh, maybe it's just me but I'm tired of Barcelona winning.I don't get a thrill out of the title wins.
I LOVE the games but winning the titles isn't that important for me anymore.

I disagree with that kind of an attitude and i'm really glad to see Pep and the players don't share it either.Football and every other sport are played for the trophies,at the end of the day that's what counts.Who cares if Barca played a nearly brilliant game 2 years ago against Arsenal when at the end of the day all we got was a 2:2 score?We played a fantastic second half against Real last year in Copa del rey and yet we conceded a goal and lost.

I love watching Barca,i had a terrific time watching them against Napoli even though nothing was at stake but to say i was extatic when we won the Supercup and especially against Madrid,would be an understatement.Did we played great?Not even close.

Attractive football without titles is a circus,that's Arsenal...attractive football with titles and accomplishments,that's what defines this generation,that's Barca.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Meeh, maybe it's just me but I'm tired of Barcelona winning.I don't get a thrill out of the title wins.
I LOVE the games but winning the titles isn't that important for me anymore.

spoiled.

I have today off from work ... yayyyy!!! I can finally watch an FCB game live, instead of updating ESPN.com every 10 seconds. hope there is a nice HD stream for this.

Theconomist

I disagree with that kind of an attitude and i'm really glad to see Pep and the players don't share it either.Football and every other sport are played for the trophies,at the end of the day that's what counts.Who cares if Barca played a nearly brilliant game 2 years ago against Arsenal when at the end of the day all we got was a 2:2 score?We played a fantastic second half against Real last year in Copa del rey and yet we conceded a goal and lost.

I love watching Barca,i had a terrific time watching them against Napoli even though nothing was at stake but to say i was extatic when we won the Supercup and especially against Madrid,would be an understatement.Did we played great?Not even close.

Attractive football without titles is a circus,that's Arsenal...attractive football with titles and accomplishments,that's what defines this generation,that's Barca.

Your clearly not a true Barca fan.

spoiled.

I have today off from work ... yayyyy!!! I can finally watch an FCB game live, instead of updating ESPN.com every 10 seconds. hope there is a nice HD stream for this.

Don't get me wrong.
I love the team.I've been a fan since Rivaldo days but I don't know if you guys remember in 2006 winning the champions league was such a great achievment for us.
I was at Wembley last May and even tho I really enjoyed the match us winning was way too predictable.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
The memories of football I have relate to stuff that happened on the pitch...

The trophies are great. They validate the team, the management. But it's watching the team play that brings me joy.

baconstrips

The Jesus
Barcelona line-up (official): Valdes - Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano - Xavi Keita Iniesta - Pedro Messi Villa

Barcelona bench: Oier, Fontas, Busquets, Dos Santos, Thiago, Cesc, Alexis

Hope Keita has a better game than against Madrid, but rest of the line-up is as expected

The Joker

Porto & Barca
We've lost Villas Boas and Falcao, it would be a enormous test for those players and our new coach. But we prove that are prepared for any renovationin the team so i expect a great match, with two teams that play good football and has the same philosophy.

Home of Barca Fans