CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Juventus 3-0

aaron101

I feel like this game is too soon for us. Didn't expect us to face Juve this soon in the UCL but this is a good test for us.

On the Juventus forum they're expecting an easy win from this match and think the following teams are better than us:

#1 Real Madrid
#2 Juventus
#3 Bayern
#4 Atletico
#5 PSG
#6 Dortmund
#7 Man Utd

ZK682Aq.gif

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
On the Juventus forum they're expecting an easy win from this match and think the following teams are better than us:

#1 Real Madrid
#2 Juventus
#3 Bayern
#4 Atletico
#5 PSG
#6 Dortmund
#7 Man Utd

ZK682Aq.gif

Let me guess. Same Juve forum who thinks Dybala is on Messi's level?

henias

At least we never bend over in CL finals.

Juventus think they were damn good after Dybala slotted in 2. Well let me tell you, Dybala was never on the same level as Messi. Even Neymar who realistically look more likely to be the true successor of Messi, still falls short in stats. Dybala simply scored bcos he was given WAY too much space and the likes of Pique, Mathieu, Roberto were simply ball watching and did not even pressure.

Besides, Juventus had one of the easiest UCL draw that season, yet still couldnt win it.

Against Madrid, Dybala simply couldnt handle the pressing of their defence and midfield. Gave a non-existence performance. I always thought Dybala to be the "future Messi" in the past but he's never looked to be even close to Messi's level. I wouldnt want him in Barca either.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nothing hysterical about being displeased at failure to sign a mifielder that we needed for years now. Board is a complete joke.

Never said anyone displeased about not signing a midfielder was hysterical but all the stuff about how shit squad is, Messi should leave, Real squad depth amazing, Real to dominate for years etc.

People are quick to forget the good players Barca still have and wait to see what Valverde brings.

Guilty of going too negative myself at times so not pointing fingers.

henias

Never said anyone displeased about not signing a midfielder was hysterical but all the stuff about how shit squad is, Messi should leave, Real squad depth amazing, Real to dominate for years etc.

People are quick to forget the good players Barca still have and wait to see what Valverde brings.

Guilty of going too negative myself at times so not pointing fingers.

Not really. One good Espanyol game doesn't dictate how we will survive the long run. There were still clear midfied issues, even if Andre Gomes did improve or Paulinho could actually turn out to be good, it's still better to not get your hopes too high. The next thing u know we could be destroyed by one of the english sides or even PSG and Madrid again. Who knows?

Getting destroyed by Madrid is already a good enough indication that we should still keep improving and strengthening. We cant let our guard down.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not really. One good Espanyol game doesn't dictate how we will survive the long run. There were still clear midfied issues, even if Andre Gomes did improve or Paulinho could actually turn out to be good, it's still better to not get your hopes too high. The next thing u know we could be destroyed by one of the english sides or even PSG and Madrid again. Who knows?

Getting destroyed by Madrid is already a good enough indication that we should still keep improving and strengthening. We cant let our guard down.

Not really what?

I haven't made any grand predictions other than I think Barca have a squad that can compete.

henias

Not really what?

I haven't made any grand predictions other than I think Barca have a squad that can compete.

That we have a good enough squad.

A squad good enough against La Liga mid tier teams is still hardly good enough against Europe top guns. Dont forget Espanyol still had a couple of clear dangerous shots and against the woodwork. Defence and midfied are still shaky and Dembele still needs time to fit in.

Like I said the negativity is definitely justified bcos we were simply bullied by Madrid in all aspects.

JamDav1982

That we have a good enough squad.

A squad good enough against La Liga mid tier teams is still hardly good enough against Europe top guns. Dont forget Espanyol still had a couple of clear dangerous shots and against the woodwork. Defence and midfied are still shaky and Dembele still needs time to fit in.

Like I said the negativity is definitely justified bcos we were simply bullied by Madrid in all aspects.

Good enough squad for what? You think won't compete with Real or best teams in CL?

I don't think the negativity was justified or far behind Real. Guess can see as season progresses what's happens.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
------Matuidi-Pjanic
Costa----Dybala---Sturaro
---------Higuain

Still looks good, so it's not going to be easy. Don't think we'll lose though. We haven't lost a CL match at home since 2013? And in group stages since Pep.

Home of Barca Fans