Neymar Jr.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
But the art of selling well is to get rid of the players you don't want at fair prices. Coutinho is worth at least 80 milion. He is a starter in the national team of Brazil. Coutinho + Rakitic minimum fair price is 120m combined. Again, minimum.

120m for Coutinho + Rakitic + 50m. max would be 170m for Neymar. It's more than fair. His value declined compared to the period when he was younger, injury free, and a front runner in the Ballon d'Or. Now he's older, with injury problems and even more questionable character.

Don't have to remind you that Neymar is very fast approaching the age where Ronaldinho decided it's time to party more than focus on football. 27-28 years old. He seems to share Ronnie's love for partying and fooling around.

How is Rakitic worth 40m?

Madrid are in pole position for this transfer IMO, only Neymar's wish to reunite with Messi and Suarez is keeping them away so far but if Barca don't make the necessary offer he'll go to Madrid.

First of all PSG hate Barca and would gladly do a deal with Madrid.

Second of all Madrid have lots of players which they could give PSG on top of cash: Marcelo, James, Isco, Bale. No probs, players worth more than 31 year old Rakitic or garbage Shootinho.

Won't be surprised if he ends up there.

Yeah, I think you are right. PSG certainly prefers to sell him for Madrid and I think they can offer more money than us anyway. This negotiation would be in our favor if Madrid weren't involved because PSG has to sell Neymar, apparently staying in Paris is not a option anymore.

That being said, Madrid involvement in this negotiation could be a bluff just to make negotiation more difficult for us (Madrid and PSG could have been plotting this together, it wouldn't surprise me), so we would have to pay more. I really think that Neymar wish to come back is a huge factor in this negotiation and both PSG and Madrid know that, so they just want to make our life more difficult. I mean, if they know that Neymar is 100% going to Barcelona, then it makes sense that at least they are going to try squeeze everything they can from us.

But if Madrid is serious in this negotiation and Neymar somehow changes his mind about wishing to specifically transfer to Barcelona, then it is all over for us, Madrid would certainly get him.

Last edited:

Andrew M

They were not, according to Barcelona's own statistic to be found in the "official" pages...
(Specially the Laliga figures were down - obviously).

In 2018-19 the average La Liga attendance was 76, 103. I'm not sure why you insist that this is down on what is to be expected.

Vilarrubi

Valverde does not want to get rid of Rakitic. For him the Croatian is untransferable.[gol]

Even the most hardcore Rakitic supporter could surely see some benefits of him leaving. To call him untransferable after the last few CL exits is a fuckin joke. That’s the problem with keeping him for La Liga, Valverde will play him in CL. CL exit incoming once again.

Devils

The day this club is free of Valverde and Rakitic is going to be one of the best days in human history.

I cannot wait!

MTL_Barca

I think 100M + Coutinho + Rakitic for Neymar would be a fair deal if we just talk about player quality.

The problem wouldn't be this deal in itself, it would be that Coutinho was bought for way too much money so it makes this look more than it is.

But thats something that can't be changed at this point, even if Neymar wasn't a possibility i don't think any club would buy Coutinho for whatever imaginable value he was given in this swap deal and that's what, maybe 90-100M? But even that would already be a massive loss compared to the astronomical fee Barca had to pay for him. Liverpool made the deal of the century with Coutinho and there is no way Barca will get out of that without looking dumb.

I still don't want to see Neymar back at Barca mainly because the way he left and his injuries are worrying too but getting rid of Coutinho and potentially Rakitic on top of it at least makes it sound less bad because i don't see any other club taking them unless it's some loan bullshit.

Messigician

People on here acting like Vavlerde and Rakitic have a secret contract to destroy the club. Let's all relax a little. Valverde probably sees Rakitic as a useful squad player to have around who can play most laliga games against easy opposition.

The Observer

Getting rid of Coutinho and Rakitic alone is a plus.

If they both stay one more season they will be untransferable and run out their contracts.

No one buys 32 year old Rakitic and no one will buy Coutinho next season after he sits on the bench for the whole year which he will. With Griezmann and De Jong he has absolutely no place in the team anymore. When will he play? Never.

Getting rid is a huge plus. If they don't transfer now, only in your dreams will you even see a combined 100 mil for both.

Vilarrubi

People on here acting like Vavlerde and Rakitic have a secret contract to destroy the club. Let's all relax a little. Valverde probably sees Rakitic as a useful squad player to have around who can play most laliga games against easy opposition.

Like Valverde has the initiative or tactical awareness to realise Rakitic shouldn’t be playing big CL games... lol if he’s a starter in La Liga he’s a starter in CL in Valverde’s mind. That’s why it’s better he leaves, can take Valverde with him too.

The Observer

Tbh Rakitic is Messi's water carrier on the right side of the pitch so much of the criticism towards him is unfair. Someone has to bust his guts on that side of the pitch to make up for a shit rightback and non defending Messi.

But he is also 31 so it's pointless to clinge onto him, less so for a talent like Neymar.

ATLBarcaFan

I would love to have him back, to me he is he 2nd best player behind Messi. I just don't see how it's economically feasible and how would we line up with all of this attacking talent?

Home of Barca Fans