Tottenham Hotspur

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They've done a great job though. Second season in a row they are competing for the title.

Jenks

Yes and to be fair that is the type of squad they have, compete but not win.

But for a Chelsea side no one saw coming they could very likely have won the league. Pochettino has certainly done far better than Klopp, Guardiola and Mourinho.

Galning

But for a Chelsea side no one saw coming they could very likely have won the league. Pochettino has certainly done far better than Klopp, Guardiola and Mourinho.

Yes, he has done very well. Their team is strong but it's not amazing. After Leicester last season they could've very well done it as I think most top clubs have pretty poor squads, but Chelsea definitely have the strongest. Especially considering they only had to focus on the league.

JamDav1982

Think they have the best squad in the league in terms of age and quality the tough bit will be keeping them all together.

Wage cap will be hard to keep them all happy and already looks like Walker is off to Man City and getting a much bigger wage.

Andrew M

You have to respect Levy for getting rid of Walker for £50 million. Not really a Pep type player in my view. He is all about power and athleticism. I'd love to see him used in the system where the FBs take up central positions:lol:

FC433

They have been quiet so far. They need to sign if they want to compete. I do think they need a CB, RB, RM, and a new ST.

Laporte and Williams suit them very well, but they are going to cost them since Bilbao does not negotiate at all :d

Jenks

I don't think there's much point in them splashing the cash just for the sake of it, especially with the numbers being thrown around at the moment. They need another forward, but the rest of the squad is in a decent condition. It's so young that their greatest scope for improvement might be just further developing the players they already have.

FC433

I do agree. They are one of the most balanced teams not just in England but in the world. However, if they want to win not just compete, they should sign a few quality players.

Trickykid

I do agree. They are one of the most balanced teams not just in England but in the world. However, if they want to win not just compete, they should sign a few quality players.

Which position in their starting XI would you upgrade, though? As I see it, their starters are so good and gelled at this point that I don't see many readily attainable upgrades. I suppose you could argue that they need to replace a profile like Walker, but I've liked Trippier every time I've seen him, and it's a hard position to reinforce on this market.

Honestly, a quality striker to step in for Kane and perhaps a solid backup for one or two other positions is all they really need, I think.

Home of Barca Fans