Ernesto Valverde - V1

snowy

yeah that's a winning team _ Sem & Dem all day long! They got good chem.

Raki could go 100% in one half and get subbed by Vidal on the 2nd. With Arthur on the left and Mr Mohawk Sassoon in the centre amf

El Gato

Villarato!

This is decent, yes. Only issue, as ever, is the gaping hole on the right in the event of Semedo underperforming that he's known to do. Other than that, this is indeed probably your best lineup. As much as people would like to bitch about Raki being out there or Coutinho not having a space anywhere. No need to force 4-2-3-1s. Only way this transition would happen naturally is an injury to Suarez.

PS Not quite sure Raki likes being forced onto his left too. Don't think he's got a great chemistry there with anybody.

Last edited:

Cool

This would be my team for the Champions League.

I know some people here would prefer Roberto because he adds more in possession, but teams in the CL will punish Barcelona severely if both FBs push up high and one of the flanks is basically useless. Therefore I would prefer a more balanced approach with one WB and one FB.

Messi naturally goes towards the middle so I would use Dembele on the RW where he's probably at his best and Suarez start out slightly to the left and then to his CF position. He goes a bit wider to support Alba when he needs it. This way you won't have the right side of the field being empty and useless or fragile defensively in the case Roberto plays and pushes too high up.

You need someone to then cover up for Alba bombing forward so being realistic it'll prob be Rakitic, but Vidal due to his mobility and energy should be a legit option in away games IMO. We're not going to win playing this style of possession-based football as those teams will press us and Busquets and Rakitic being unable to cope with it could bite us in the ass.

Nothing you can do about the CB pairing although I would prefer Umtiti due to his pace. He's simply faster and better than Lenglet so hopefully he can recover to be there from the QFs. Pique is going to start regardless of how he does so again being realistic, nothing you can do about that.

Semedo has not been very good as a RB for Barcelona, but he can play a role similar to what Abidal did. Be a more defensive RB with his great recovery pace to provide width when needed and act as a 3rd CB as cover on counters.

I might try to convey my thoughts about this lineup in a longer post tomorrow before the Super Bowl, nothing BBZ style, but simply more detailed on why and my thought process behind it. Or I might not and this could be my last here one, we'll see.

Anyway, here's the lineup:

0wtydIu.png

p1wa7kK

Somebody mail this to EV!

xXKonan

At this point, I'm fully prepared for him to stay one more year.

Fully prepared for the rumors that he's fighting tooth and nail with the board to keep Rakitic at all costs, despite this being a perfect chance to get some money out of him with him turning 31.

Fully prepared to walk into the season with Rakitic, Busi, Pique, etc being starters still. With Alena, Arthur, Frenkie, Vidal? being forced to fight for the last CM spot in the Midfield while we have to watch Both the declining duo of Busi and Rakitic be glued to the other CM spots.

It seems like whining by my part but it's becoming so god damn predictable at this point.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Rome 2.0 is coming and i won't be suprised if its vs Lyon of all teams (farmer memes will require a media blackout for cules).

our manager is not average, hes below average and is pretty much retarded in all aspects of managing which hes shown us during his time here over and over again. he doesn't learn atall, he has pre-planned subs set in stone despite the flow of the game. he has golden boys like Bob and Raki who play no matter what.

then you have his man management or lack thereof. Malcom is given 10mins here and there, doesn't score? put him in the stands, farmer league bum. Semedo wins us a penalty and is our only actual RB :lol: sub him off so the loser on the other side gets to play a position hes not even supposed to fucking play in (RB), hes a midfielder and an average one at that.

hes totally cucked by our seniors.. what you see is not EV's Barca, its Pique and co's Barca who put themselves first ahead of the club despite playing shit and thats why its always been nonsense when people say 'heh Barca don't even need a manager that team could run itself'

BigBarcaBoy

Rome 2.0 is coming and i won't be suprised if its vs Lyon of all teams (farmer memes will require a media blackout for cules).

our manager is not average, hes below average and is pretty much retarded in all aspects of managing which hes shown us during his time here over and over again. he doesn't learn atall, he has pre-planned subs set in stone despite the flow of the game. he has golden boys like Bob and Raki who play no matter what.

then you have his man management or lack thereof. Malcom is given 10mins here and there, doesn't score? put him in the stands, farmer league bum. Semedo wins us a penalty and is our only actual RB :lol: sub him off so the loser on the other side gets to play a position hes not even supposed to fucking play in (RB), hes a midfielder and an average one at that.

hes totally cucked by our seniors.. what you see is not EV's Barca, its Pique and co's Barca who put themselves first ahead of the club despite playing shit and thats why its always been nonsense when people say 'heh Barca don't even need a manager that team could run itself'
Same lyon who beat man city away. Show some respect

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is decent, yes. Only issue, as ever, is the gaping hole on the right in the event of Semedo underperforming that he's known to do. Other than that, this is indeed probably your best lineup. As much as people would like to bitch about Raki being out there or Coutinho not having a space anywhere. No need to force 4-2-3-1s. Only way this transition would happen naturally is an injury to Suarez.

PS Not quite sure Raki likes being forced onto his left too. Don't think he's got a great chemistry there with anybody.

Rakitic I feel plays better when on the left as that's his natural position, or at least was so before he joined Barcelona. He doesn't have much of a chemistry with anyone at this point tbf, the only reason I have Rakitic or Vidal to the left is because a player with that kind of workrate is needed to help cover the spaces Alba will leave behind when he plays more like a wing-back as I have him in my lineup.

Barcilliant

We all know we're going to get it without lube in the cl sooner or later. I just hope it doesn't happen in the final.
This guy is a mid table manager. The reason the board are happy is cause the seniors are. After we exit the CL Valverde will have to leave.

What pisses me off is the fact that we have a pretty damn good squad. Easily top three in Europe. With this manager we'll be lucky to reach the semis.

Barcilliant

Struggle to think how can such a mediocre manager win the CL.

Last 10 years.

2008-09 Pep
2009-10 Mourinho
2010-11 Pep
2011-12 God
2012-13 Heynckes
2013-14 Ancelotti
2014-15 MSN
2015-16 Zidane
2016-17 Zidane
2017-18 Zidane

Do you guys see anyone like Ernie there? We're hopeless guys... Ain't happening.

😂 😂

Barcilliant

If Nuno Santo didn't Ave ties to Mendes I would have taken a punt on him. His Valencia side played some damn good football till the wheels fell off.

He isn't doing too bad with Wolves either.

michelco

Valverde: "El Valencia empezó muy bien, pero después el partido era nuestro y teníamos al rival metido en el área. Hay veces en los que te sorprende cómo van los encuentros"

("Valencia started very well, but afterwards the match was ours and we had the rival in the box, there are times when you're surprised how the matches go")

Tactical mastermind being surprised about how matches go :valverde2:

serghei

At this point, I'm fully prepared for him to stay one more year.

Fully prepared for the rumors that he's fighting tooth and nail with the board to keep Rakitic at all costs, despite this being a perfect chance to get some money out of him with him turning 31.

Fully prepared to walk into the season with Rakitic, Busi, Pique, etc being starters still. With Alena, Arthur, Frenkie, Vidal? being forced to fight for the last CM spot in the Midfield while we have to watch Both the declining duo of Busi and Rakitic be glued to the other CM spots.

It seems like whining by my part but it's becoming so god damn predictable at this point.

Me too. We'd do well to leave behind the Valverde regime with a nice pack of domestic trophies, since the CL is probably out of the question. It's the best you can expect with someone like that in charge.

I smell we could have problems even in La Liga and Copa this year. Madrid are no joke when motivated, and Atletico is strong this year in the league. Not 2014 strong obviously, but the strongest they've been since then.

Last edited:

TrueCule

To everyone whining. We're still in pole position to win the treble. I'm sure that we're going to thrash Real once again since their squad this season isn't strong enough to match ours. I mean, come on, do you seriously think that the side guided by Santi Solari can pose us some threat? :lol: We have the best squad since the season 2014/15 when we won a treble.

Also, a lot of of people are afraid of Lyon but I'm sure this squad has matured enough not to underestimate them and that we'll advance without any problem at all. Roma scenario repeats once per 10 seasons or more. EV won't repeat the same mistake, that's for sure. We're the second favorites according to the bookies for winning the CL.

And of course, if EV wins the treble this season, he'll stay one more season because he will have the trust of the board and the players. And the chances for that are high.

Home of Barca Fans