Cuenca: "Tito is counting on me"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The closing ceremony of the Nike Camp in Andorra was attended by Isaac Cuenca, who was there for a question and answer session with the children, and also to speak to the media. He spoke about his sorrow to see Pep Guardiola leave and looked ahead to new times under Tito Vilanova. “Every coach is different. They all want a certain kind of player, but Tito has said he’s counting on me, so I’m happy” he said.

cuenca.v1342279345.jpg

Focused on recovery

On crutches, the player has said he’s looking forward to the new campaign. “The most important thing is for my knee to get better. I hope to be fit as soon as possible and be able to help the team play some good games”, he said. Cuenca is one of the fourteen first team members due back at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper on Monday July 16.

He added with words of encouragement for youngsters hoping to make it big in football. “You have to keep playing football, and happy and work hard if you want to be professionals” he suggested. Cuenca was there to close the thirteenth of the camps organised by Nike.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Am I the only one that thinks he just isn't good enough (at least at the moment) for our squad?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Am I the only one that thinks he just isn't good enough (at least at the moment) for our squad?

Yes you are

No, he's definitively not. He can only run forward untill he runs in to an opponent and loses the ball 9 out of 10 times. He sucks at crossing, passing, positioning etc etc etc. He's fast, but so is Heskey. Cuenca is a much better player - great vision, passing, sense of tactics, positioning and dribbling. I hope he will prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
No, he's definitively not. He can only run forward untill he runs in to an opponent and loses the ball 9 out of 10 times. He sucks at crossing, passing, positioning etc etc etc. He's fast, but so is Heskey. Cuenca is a much better player - great vision, passing, sense of tactics, positioning and dribbling. I hope he will prove me wrong, but I doubt it.
This is about Cuenca not Tello.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Hopefully my thoughts are wrong and he'll prove it next season. But really, did you guys find him really that impressive last season during the games he played?

dalunk

I was impressed by Cuenca's crossing ability but not much more. He's good enough to train with the team and ride the pine for now..

Anyway I think it'd be best for Cuenca to put on some weight. I'm not the only one who thinks he's too scrawny right?

M

Messi+Eto

I am with you 100% on this one. . . . He has shaky legs, he's very jittery in front of goal, and is only a tad faster than a 69 year old man.

oz187

Hopefully my thoughts are wrong and he'll prove it next season. But really, did you guys find him really that impressive last season during the games he played?

As an individual he hasn't been a superstar. But within our system he's been very useful. The likes of Villa, Alexis and Pedro like to come inside but Cuenca goes outside and puts very good crosses in, he's had a bunch of assists. He's the best "traditional" winger in the squad and in providing something different offers a lot of value.

TanzaBarca

As an individual he hasn't been a superstar. But within our system he's been very useful. The likes of Villa, Alexis and Pedro like to come inside but Cuenca goes outside and puts very good crosses in, he's had a bunch of assists. He's the best "traditio
nal" winger in the squad and in providing something different offers a lot of value.
I second this, if he puts in more weights he is a very good winger.

Home of Barca Fans