14 - Javier Mascherano

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bump!

Did Mascherano fell out of favor with Valverde? I know there are many of us here that are fans of Mascherano and I am a bit concerned for the Argentinian.
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with Umtiti but I am sure we'll need Masch too this season and it would be a shame if we only played him rarely.

There hasn't really been a reason for Valverde to rotate yet. Before Espanyol (a derby) we had a week between every game. Plus he's probably still trying to find his starting XI, so obvious starters like Pique and Umtiti are playing every game. Another reason he hasn't rotated yet is probably because he already had to deal with one position being weakened with Dembele not being able to play until Espanyol. And the start of the season isn't really the time for rotation anyway.

Think we'll see a bit of rotation against Eibar.

Last edited:

Messi983

I would do rotations in 5 games before the next international break (Getafe, Eibar, Girona, Sporting, Las Palmas) but do max. 2-3 changes between the games not 7-8 like Lucho. That way we could possibly give some rest to everyone of our best XI, maybe even to Messi in home games against Eibar or Las Palmas (we can sub him off for the last 20-30 minutes if we have a good lead).

xXKonan

Last time he played was during the Spanish Supercopa second leg I think.

I'm thinking Umtiti will rarely be rotated this season unless he gets injured or racks up enough yellow cards/red card to get a one match suspension. Pique and Masche on the other hand I think will rotate for each other.

clemente

Oh god never start Gomes please, it will be one of those games where we cant create a chance for 70min and we wait till Iniesta gets subbed in...

barcanuck

Starting to feel like this is the end of his journey with us. Feels sort of sad but I have a feeling he will be crucial during the business part of the season.

Alik

Of course he is still has role. He is our only worth sub for CBs.

And he should actually be getting a chances to start matches over Piqué, the way the latter is playing.

Home of Barca Fans