Barcelona transfer income and expenditure since 2010/11 v other clubs

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Skjermbilde_2017-06-04_kl._03.48.36.png

DonAK

This is since the Rosell/Bartomeu board took over.

As you can see, it's not that Real Madrid have a secret treasure chest they're using to sign players. It's that they are making far better decisions in the transfer market than we have.

How have we spent nearly as much money as Real Madrid, yet still have significant holes in our squad, and only sorted out our CB situation last summer with the arrival of Umtiti?

Forget their depth v ours, right now we don't even have a starting RB.

What do you call it, bad luck or bad management?

Devils

Our income seems unusually high...Our biggest sales since that period were Thiago, Cesc, Sanchez and Pedro? That's a little over 100m. I guess Yaya and Zlatan must be included in that too.

It's mindblowing we've spent more than Real Madrid. In that period for midfield alone they have bought:

Modric, Kroos, Isco, James Kovacic

We've bought:

Cesc, Song, Rakitic and Gomes.

That alone sums it up.

Last edited:

DonAK

Got to say this includes youth teams too I believe.

Also 3rd party ownership which is why Juventus' arrivals and departures are insanely high.

Richard.H

We are extreme shit when it comes to the transfer market. Umtiti was the only very positive signing in the last 2 years.

Once Messi retires (or if he gets tired of this shit and leaves the club), this club is going to enter a very dark period. I will still be on this forum supporting Barca but the writing is on the wall. We just have to wait for the next La Masia golden generation.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There is no point in waiting for something that may not ever happen again. The club needed to be proactive about this but it's better to start now, than wait even longer.

xXKonan

This is since the Rosell/Bartomeu board took over.

As you can see, it's not that Real Madrid have a secret treasure chest they're using to sign players. It's that they are making far better decisions in the transfer market than we have.

How have we spent nearly as much money as Real Madrid, yet still have significant holes in our squad, and only sorted out our CB situation last summer with the arrival of Umtiti?

Forget their depth v ours, right now we don't even have a starting RB.

What do you call it, bad luck or bad management?
Real pretty much have their entire XI and Bench squared away and they are now focusing on buying up young talented prospects.

Us on the other hand we still need to properly reinforce our main starting lineup. we need a RB and 1-2 Midfielders. Our bench needs some work as well. We spent a lot of money but just not wisely at all compared to Real.

DonAK

Don't think people realize how lucky we are for having Messi.

The treble, double and cup this year.

Without him, we're not even close despite having Suarez and Neymar.

That's how shambolic we've been in the transfer market.

Madrid papers kept going about the end of an era or cycle.

Now they're right. It's their cycle now and if we don't act right now, we'll struggle even more.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Now they're right. It's their cycle now and if we don't act right now, we'll struggle even more.

I think we can still fix this team with couple great signings, but those signings needs to be good ones. We can't have another miss. Either way, It looks like our cycle is coming to an end. Messi and Suarez nearing the end and no one else coming up. Scary times indeed.

khaled_a_d

You might also want to think about how Lucky is RM to have unlimited resources in comparison to us that was only balanced in past few years.

I know I will get ton of quotes calling me names for this but here we go.

Let's face the reality here and give them their damn credit:

1-Cr7 has been always the worthy match up for Messi,Barca fans have been disrespectfully and ignorantly underrating him to an extent that it is turning into an embarrassment really.
some folks up to this day think he isn't worth mentioning into the top 10 all time and he is only mentioned with Messi b/c of Mendes tricks. We have Messi but they have the best player not named Messi and the gap between him and Messi is far less than the gap between him and the next in the line.

2-I understand where you are coming from taking 2010 and after but this is really skewed. No team in history had a summer like RM in 2009. This is when it all started for RM,getting Benzema,Xabi and Cr7 was huge for them. Huge.

3-The truth that we need to face that RM have been the benchmark for teams in past few years,they have added talent,they have waited on many of them. Many wasn't an upgrade immediately, took Isco years to be productive,took Kroos over a season and half to look really good in their line up. took Modric years to be one of the best midfielder in his generation and same for ADM. once they got a coach like Ancelotti it was their time. And once they got a good coach with Charisma like Zidane they are dominating.
The truth is that we keep fooling ourselves that we have let RM got this,but the truth is this is as true as saying RM handed Barca their trophies in Pep era. this is RM era plan and simple and we at least had the luxury to be able to be competing with them,winning a treble and double during those times specially considering they lacked depth needed for league most of the time and did some bad mistakes here and there.
Football is a team sport,we are lucky to have Messi but this game was never about 'the team having the best player wins'. Messi himself proved that brutally with his national team. We played without Messi last year for sometime and it was better than current team with Messi.why? because Messi is a player not a team.
And Messi himself has been putting us into problems,he has been limiting our right side,our midfield and even Neymar with his insistence to go central and be in his comfort zone. He is good that people won't even mention it,but the I don't remember Cr7 putting his team into such tactical dilemma.

4-Yes,the board is bad, specially the Rossell one (Bartou and co has been far better no matter how you are going around it) but to make it simple for you,any team in this world is setting himself for a disappointment if he is gonna compare himself to RM. Let's not be a sore loser and accept how good they are.
We are still good,we are still the only team that can compete with them,but we are the underdogs now.

5-Our fan base is also part of the problem,and no I am not talking about the voters I am talking about us. Fans directly or indirectly has made the Pep football (that one that failed to win outside of home in CL) is the benchmark for our football and style of play. When Lucho finally burst that bubble and won with it,people still hated him, underrated every thing he has done once he didn't win it all. People were finally happy he is out.
People don't want just to win,but also want to win Pep style. Tell me again why any top coach would want to come here? Why would Allegri leave a situation where he is god just for appearing in CL final while beating only one top team that played their worst tactics and missed many chances in 1st leg that could have changed the game? why he should leave that to come here to be someone else or cursed for his football? That and I am not even mentioning being blamed for La Masia failure.
Look at RM,they were destroyed by AM last year. Had any of them complained about the football they have played or was just happy to won? Did you see any of them complaining about playing counter attacks against Bayern's Pep? Did you see any of them complaining about playing more defensive in 1st half to expose Juve weakness and let their 30+ team run out if gas in 2nd half? No,they are saying it was smart.
When Lucho did it twice against RM and not falling for Zidane coaching he was considered lucky :lol:
The same fans that complain that this board can't get a top coach are the reason no top couch would love to be here.

Ok fuck Rosell & Bartomeu, but this shit goes deeply beyond them.

Last edited:

GetIn

We are extreme shit when it comes to the transfer market. Umtiti was the only very positive signing in the last 2 years.

Once Messi retires (or if he gets tired of this shit and leaves the club), this club is going to enter a very dark period. I will still be on this forum supporting Barca but the writing is on the wall. We just have to wait for the next La Masia golden generation.

We're going to be long dead if we want to wait for the next golden generation, because simply put that is not happening again EVER. If we want to preserve our status as perennial CL challengers we need to add world class players in the next few windows while we still have Messi. If we wait for him to retire nobody is going to want to join our club and it will be all downhill from there. The next three summers determine this club's future for the next 10-20 years.

ryuken

I'll expect changes with a new board, not with this corrupted one that buy player for commission like Vermalene, freaking Douglas - the shady deal, Andre Gomes, etc , etc. Comparing our team to RM right now is also meh, apart from MSN, they are pretty much better than us, even on the bench, that is the kind of biz that Barto and Co is doing, and moron Braida is enjoying his salary while doing squat.

DonAK

Wanted to add something to this;

In addition to all this, Real Madrid have secured players in several positions already for the future.

They have Asensio as a winger, Theo Hernandez as a LB, Marcos Llorente for the DM position, possibly adding Donnarumma as their new GK now and would be the favourites to sign Mbappe next year.

Not only do they already have a pretty young squad, but they will add some more pieces to this. All these players if they stay together for a few years will develop chemistry and be in the position we were a few years ago.

If we keep making the same mistakes, then we better expect a Real Madrid dominance when Messi retires and it will all be because of poor management and a baffling waste of resources.

El Barcelona

That's the reason we need a Verratti esque signing! We need quality young players. That would be verry scary donnarumma and mbappe to real.. hope donnarumma end somewhere in bpl.

Home of Barca Fans