Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

dakt

I'm glad for Bilbao, but it's kind of funny when you win both league title and cup and you still have to earn supercup.

Chong Li

With refereeing like tonight we'll probably get relegated.

Can't the club just reject this Velasco Carballo bastard from officiating future games? I mean this SOB is clearly corrupt and seems to personally hate our players, especially Pique.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Don't care for the cup, losing it made the players and Lucho feel that things can go horribly wrong.
The schedule though was horrible and I won't blame Lucho for his decisions - he made the right ones. I will though be a bit disappointed in him if we lose at San Mames in matchday one.

The lads can now rest and train for a while which is very needed.
Hope to see Messi and Suarez in form again soon and our defenders pulling it together.

Must say tho - ref was a bloody bellend

zanela

We were never going to overturn the deficit. Lucho lost the tie in the first leg when he though he could get away playing a B team @ San Mamés.
I'm not even mad.

Highlight of the match: Sub striker Kike Sola getting sent off. lol

F

Flavia

Congrats to Athletic. Deserved winners. They were better in both ties.

Now, I hope Enrique tells the players to rest a lot. They look so tired. And the next 3 liga games will be hard. Athletic away, Malaga at home and Atlético away... :|

dakt

We shouldn't get greedy. Such a successful year is a fairy tale for the most clubs out there. I couldn't ask for better club to win this beside Barca.
The only thing I hope is that this won't extend to the beginning of the season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Saw a far better Barcelona compared to the previous game.
Some players need some time to regain their form and Neymar is definitely missed. But chances were created even against a very defensive Bilbao.
Sandro could develop to a great sub.

Catalan Fan

Well, they gave it a go on the night, but too little too late really.Am not that miffed if am honest, at least both legs have (hopefully) highlighted our lack of squad depth and the need for a few quality replacements.

One thing is perplexing though...

Lucho obviously put out a full team tonight, fair enough.But if he wanted to win the Cup why not do the same in the first leg ?

F

Flavia

Well, they gave it a go on the night, but too little too late really.Am not that miffed if am honest, at least both legs have (hopefully) highlighted our lack of squad depth and the need for a few quality replacements.

One thing is perplexing though...

Lucho obviously put out a full team tonight, fair enough.But if he wanted to win the Cup why not do the same in the first leg ?

Because they were tired. They were still tired today, even the players who didn't play or started away showed some fatigue.

zanela

Congrats to Athletic. Deserved winners. They were better in both ties.

Now, I hope Enrique tells the players to rest a lot. They look so tired. And the next 3 liga games will be hard. Athletic away, Malaga at home and Atlético away... :|

Malaga @ home is doable. The Atlético away after the Intl break is bound to be a tricky one.

mazp

Malaga @ home is doable. The Atlético away after the Intl break is bound to be a tricky one.

Atletico match is after the Intl Break? Oh man we're dropping points, FIFA virus..:lol: which means rotations..La Liga could be over by Oct. I get the feeling we're going to have a horrific start to the league, until Neymar and Alba comes back, sad to say.

bismp

"tricky"?
It will be one of the most difficult matches of the season.I wouldn't be surpriseed if we lost with last year's form,let alone this one...

Home of Barca Fans