Royal Emirates Group Purchases Un-Named La Liga Team

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
But Malaga and Racing didn't get as wealthy owners as Getafe.

Until Getafe got taken over, Racing was supposedly the richest club in La Liga, richer than Real Madrid and Barcelona. The takeover was after the January window I believe, so they didn't get to demonstrate their spending power yet. I don't know what to make of the Malaga owner, he made some shrewd acquisitions during the January transfer window but apparently he failed to pay River Plate and Roma for Buonanotte and Julio Baptista. We'll have to wait and see if any of them are actually serious about investing money.

nebeer

Love is All
Until Getafe got taken over, Racing was supposedly the richest club in La Liga, richer than Real Madrid and Barcelona. The takeover was after the January window I believe, so they didn't get to demonstrate their spending power yet. I don't know what to make of the Malaga owner, he made some shrewd acquisitions during the January transfer window but apparently he failed to pay River Plate and Roma for Buonanotte and Julio Baptista. We'll have to wait and see if any of them are actually serious about investing money.

Who owns Racing?

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Who owns Racing?

A 37 year old Indian business tycoon named Ahsan Ali Syed, with a personal fortune of over 8 billion USD. He tried to take over Blackburn Rovers and failed, and later opted for Racing instead. A bit controversial, he's also accused of scamming various people across Australia and Malaysia.

JonM

Does it mean Real Madrid is now [strike]Getafe B[/strike] Team Dubai B ?

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
A 37 year old Indian business tycoon named Ahsan Ali Syed, with a personal fortune of over 8 billion USD. He tried to take over Blackburn Rovers and failed, and later opted for Racing instead. A bit controversial, he's also accused of scamming various people across Australia and Malaysia.

Hmm, it's a little odd that he didn't start investing that heavily yet.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the reason buying Getafe is stupid is they're trying to emerge in what is already a crowded market. I'd say Madrid is full, given the presence of, y'know, Real Madrid. and Atletico. two fairly sizeable clubs, I would have thought. Sevilla or Depor would have made much more sense, as they're clubs that already have a sizeable fanbase upon which to draw and no much bigger clubs preventing them from expanding. hell, in Depor's case they're the only big team in that region.

I mean do these guys really think there's room for a third big team in Madrid?

Not much but it's more than Dubai has

uh, no.

nebeer

Love is All
the reason buying Getafe is stupid is they're trying to emerge in what is already a crowded market. I'd say Madrid is full, given the presence of, y'know, Real Madrid. and Atletico. two fairly sizeable clubs, I would have thought. Sevilla or Depor would have made much more sense, as they're clubs that already have a sizeable fanbase upon which to draw and no much bigger clubs preventing them from expanding. hell, in Depor's case they're the only big team in that region.

Wealthy Arabs are very optimistic people. They create land in the middle of seas, develop them and sell them for millions. So there you go.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Wealthy Arabs are very optimistic people. They create land in the middle of seas, develop them and sell them for millions. So there you go.

yes.

in the middle of seas.

where there is no other land.

do you see how that is the exact opposite of buying a club in a city where there are already two establish clubs with two centuries (literally!) worth of combined history and success?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

uh, no.

I do have an outrageous theory about this.

We all know Getafe is Madrid's feeder club.

Therefore if this Dubai group buy Getafe they would automatically then have connections to Real Madrid, seeing as Getafe is connected to Real Madrid. They are also not stupid and they will realise Getafe cannot even compete with Atletico let alone Real.

BUT knowing this and keeping it in mind, maybe the Dubai people have bought Getafe because they do want to be connected to Real in more ways than one and buying Getafe and therefore getting a foothold with Madrid is their ultimate aim.

I am thinking that they want a share in Real Madrid and are playing the long game. Buying Getafe is just the first step because once they own Getafe they will then be connected to Madrid and will interact with them.

Then in 2, 3 or even 4 years time whilst buying their time and making Getafe healthy on and off the pitch (and in doing so showing the madrid fans and board members) that they can be trusted with a la liga team then the Dubai team will strike and offer a deal to the Madrid and its people to have a share in the club and will sell on Getafe to someone else.

Because these people are not stupid they know Getafe cannot compete in Madrid.

So that is my theory :D

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
they can't have a share in Real, it's against the club statutes and the fans would never stand for it.

plus, Getafe was only Real's feeder club because of who owned it. with the new people in control, it's not gonna be their feeder club anymore.

Home of Barca Fans