Leon Goretzka

Yannik

I think there's a big possibility that they are negotiating his arrival as a free agent next year.

1993Kaan1993

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...3757537251/goretzka-barca-schalke-bayern.html

"Leon Goretzka offered himself with an approval from Schalke 04 according to Francesc Aguilar"

Well Gomes and Paulinho are pretty shit at that though. It would make sense if this accompanies the signing of an actual no 8 playmaker. Goretzka is a decent passer, dribbler etc, but he's a box-to-box mid and yes, similar to what Gomes is, just in actually decent. If Barca signs Goretzka, then they should still track Seri and if that's the case then they have signed 3 mids this year and they should sell 1-2 of those they don't want anymore (Gomes..)

Article looks funny. He offered himself to Barca not to go to Bayern for free.:lol:This guy already agreed terms with Bayern months ago(Also Bayern wanted to buy him this summer yet Schalke rejected it) and everyone knows it. Same goes for Brandt and Keita(Juve).

Above all, ED and Sport are not realiabre. They just throw names to fill papers anymore.

it seems Goretzka story is a made up story. Let's wait and see.

1993Kaan1993

I think there's a big possibility that they are negotiating his arrival as a free agent next year.

Barca doesn't need this kind of midfielder. Already have bunch of them. Gomis, Paulinho, Rakitic. Are all same typee of midfielders.

if Coutinho doesn't come, go for Eriksen or Hamsik. if Seri is not good enough, go for Jorginho.

Yannik

Article looks funny. He offered himself to Barca not to go to Bayern for free.:lol:This guy already agreed terms with Bayern months ago(Also Bayern wanted to buy him this summer yet Schalke rejected it) and everyone knows it. Same goes for Brandt and Keita(Juve).

there has been no report about him actually agreeing to Bayern so far and has also been denied by Goretzka himself aswell as Schalke's board. Going to Barca would make sense for him because at Bayern he'd be 4th or 5th choice and at Barca he'd be a starter. I don't think there's any agreement with Bayern, Goretzka might be in touch with them but he's weighing up his possibilitys and that explains why he'd stop by at the Camp Nou to get in touch with a very obvious destination, a top 3 club that lacks midfielders.. Schalke will obviously allow this, because it's a chance to prevent him from joining a domestic rival for free next year, or maybe even get a fee this year.

Last edited:

1993Kaan1993

there has been no report about him actually agreeing to Bayern so far and has also been denied by Goretzka himself aswell as Schalke's board. Going to Barca would make sense for him because at Bayern he'd be 4th or 5th choice and at Barca he'd be a starter. I don't think there's any agreement with Bayern, Goretzka might be in touch with them but he's weighing up his possibilitys and that explains why he'd stop by at the Camp Nou to get in touch with a very obvious destination, a top 3 club that lacks midfielders.. Schalke will obviously allow this, because it's a chance to prevent him from joining a domestic rival for free next year, or maybe even get a fee this year.

you must look at my previous post why he denied it.

Bild said that he agreed with BM and he is a BM bound.l don't read german press much, l read that they had signed Gnabry 8-9months ago and they really signed him.

He wil be a starter at Barca? Gomis, Rakitic, Paulinho are all same typee of midfielders. At most one of them will start with Busquets.

l like hearing this stuff. like Monaco is PSG's rival or Schalke is BM rival. Come on, BM has only rival in Bundesliga or potential big rival, and that's not Schalke or Dortmund, it's Rasenball Lepizig.

Thiago10

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...3757537251/goretzka-barca-schalke-bayern.html

"Leon Goretzka offered himself with an approval from Schalke 04 according to Francesc Aguilar"

Well Gomes and Paulinho are pretty shit at that though. It would make sense if this accompanies the signing of an actual no 8 playmaker. Goretzka is a decent passer, dribbler etc, but he's a box-to-box mid and yes, similar to what Gomes is, just in actually decent. If Barca signs Goretzka, then they should still track Seri and if that's the case then they have signed 3 mids this year and they should sell 1-2 of those they don't want anymore (Gomes..)

Couldn't have said it better! Get this guy and Jorginho or Seri and I'm happy.

Yannik

you must look at my previous post why he denied it.

Bild said that he agreed with BM and he is a BM bound.l don't read german press much, l read that they had signed Gnabry 8-9months ago and they really signed him.

He wil be a starter at Barca? Gomis, Rakitic, Paulinho are all same typee of midfielders. At most one of them will start with Busquets.

l like hearing this stuff. like Monaco is PSG's rival or Schalke is BM rival. Come on, BM has only rival in Bundesliga or potential big rival, and that's not Schalke or Dortmund, it's Rasenball Lepizig.

Yes, the reports are from May and noone reliable, like Kicker or so ever backed them up till they got squashed by Schalke and Goretzka themselves. He's better than Gomes and Paulinho so he'd only compete with Rakitic and Barca plays 50+ games a year.

And the most important thing is that Bosman ruling is forbidding him from agreeing to any sort of pre-contract with a new club until 1st January. All he can basically do is hold talks with a club (and only if Schalke allows that) and make a verbal promise that isn't actually legally binding and that doesn't forbid him from signing elsewhere in the end, if he prefers to do that. If you remember back then this is exactly what happened between Bayern and Arturo Vidal in 2011. Vidal had one year on his contract, told Bayern that he'll sit it out and join them for free, and then eventually joined Juventus instead for 12m€ because Leverkusen didn't want to sell and Arturo had a spontaneous change of plans when he heard that he can already sign a top club this year and must not wait for next year. Bayern was pissed about it in the end, but Vidal never signed anything that prevents him from doing what he did.

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

I like German players. They have a strong winning mentality, they are disciplined, they work hard and are ambitious.
We don't need players their dream is to play for Barca, we need ambitious top stars who want to win and be the best.
Without knowing this guy very well I would sign him over the likes of Seri, Gomes or Paulinho any day.
A midfield with Busquets, Goretzka and a creative attacking midfielder would be ideal.

Butaan4barca

i would like to see a player like him making it here. he could fill in at Dm with busquets in 6 role. Or he could adapt to a new role. But definitely a cheap player to consider who will be a great value

Home of Barca Fans