Ivan Rakitić

Raketa10

This sources are unreliable as it gets but something strange is definitely happening. In the start of the season his renewal was "hugely important" and now no one is mentioning this anymore.

He gave a lot to this club in last two seasons, he is integral part of our midfield not to mention he is willing to sacrifice for the team, which is rarity in today's world of football. In my opinion it would be awfully stupid to sell him.

Imagine if we sell him and keep Arda!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

Potroh

Imagine if we sell him and keep Arda!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I can imagine that in daytime, due to the fact that the present management decided: chaos is the path for the future. :angry:
But when I think of it at night, I have true nightmares where Neymar wants to gift his tattoos to Arda, who becomes so frightened that starts running towards the seventh heaven, faster than U.Bolt does...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
If this shit is actually true and the board is even contemplating doing this with Ivan, they might as well shove Mes Que un Club up their asses cause that kinda shit don't fly

xXKonan

Two games in a row he's on the bench and already speculation that he's being phased out.

Rakitic isn't being phased out. It's Lucho resting him considering he already had a shitload of mileage on his legs this year alone and with Iniesta back Lucho can afford to rest him now and give Gomes and Denis more minutes.

BBZ8800

If he'll play like he is playing in 2016 and if we won't win La Liga or a CL, some players will get sold.

Older players, foreigners, and older foreigners are the first one in a row (Arda, Mathieu, Rakitic, Mascherano), plus huge flops like Vidal, Paco or players who didn't play at all like Cillessen.

So, if results won't be good at the end of the season, there will be changes.
If we would be too emotional, then we couldn't ever sell neither Rakitic, Mascherano or any player who was a valuable player in the past.
That way we could sell only flops like Arda, Vidal or Paco.

But again, there will be way more changes and sales if we won't win trophies.

About Rakitic, we have a somewhat similar younger player in Gomes.
Plus, we will promote Alena soon, plus we will buy at least 1 new expensive Cm in a summer 2017 or 2018 (something like Coutinho/Verratti).

So: Gomes, Denis, Iniesta, Alena, Coutinho, Rafinha (Arda, Rakitic), Roberto (as a Cm?).
Some players will have to go.

Last edited:

Total-Football

If he'll play like he is playing in 2016 and if we won't win La Liga or a CL, some players will get sold.

Older players, foreigners, and older foreigners are the first one in a row (Arda, Mathieu, Rakitic, Mascherano), plus huge flops like Vidal, Paco or players who didn't play at all like Cillessen.

So, if results won't be good at the end of the season, there will be changes.
If we would be too emotional, then we couldn't ever sell neither Rakitic, Mascherano or any player who was a valuable player in the past.
That way we could sell only flops like Arda, Vidal or Paco.

But again, there will be way more changes and sales if we won't win trophies.

About Rakitic, we have a somewhat similar younger player in Gomes.
Plus, we will promote Alena soon, plus we will buy at least 1 new expensive Cm in a summer 2017 or 2018 (something like Coutinho/Verratti).

So: Gomes, Denis, Iniesta, Alena, Coutinho, Rafinha (Arda, Rakitic), Roberto (as a Cm?).
Some players will have to go.

basically u are saying that we should sell rakitic ( letting go of what u called a soft spot we have for players who contributed ) and keep turtle ass cesc2.o gomes, and buy some new players that you have no guarantee they wouldn't be cesc3.0.

seems a legit plan

ps: rakitic can play under propofol and he will still be 10 times the player gomes is

Last edited:

Messi983

Relax, he's not going anywhere.

Two games in a row he's on the bench and already speculation that he's being phased out.

Rakitic isn't being phased out. It's Lucho resting him considering he already had a shitload of mileage on his legs this year alone and with Iniesta back Lucho can afford to rest him now and give Gomes and Denis more minutes.

This.

And I also think he had some problems in his personal life that have influenced his form this season but hopefully he'll resolve those issues quickly. We'll need him in second half of the season.

BBZ8800

basically u are saying that we should sell rakitic

Basically I am saying that we should sell A LOT of players if we manage to have 6 seasons (2012-2017) with only 1 CL title, considering that we had Messi in our team during that era.
That's just a huge fail.

If we lose La liga and a CL this season, a lot of players will fly from here.
Regardless if they are turtles or speedy gonzales.

That's just IF.
If we turn a season around=awesome.

If not (and especially if we'll get even worse than today), well then...

F

FlaFCB

His great assist helped Paco finally score. It's a shame he can't do such things more often, as he's always burdened with defensive duties.

Raketa10

His great assist helped Paco finally score. It's a shame he can't do such things more often, as he's always burdened with defensive duties.

I agree with you. If he was relieved from at least some of his defensive duties he would provide much much more in the attack. His strengths are now sacrificed because he is playing more as a RB than CM. Such a shame...

gasgas

I agree with you. If he was relieved from at least some of his defensive duties he would provide much much more in the attack. His strengths are now sacrificed because he is playing more as a RB than CM. Such a shame...

How do we relieve him?

Home of Barca Fans