Would you sell Neymar to buy Pogba?

Would you sell Neymar to buy Pogba?

• No,Neymar is the future best player in the world,we cannot lose him.

Votes: 69 76.7%
  • Yes,i would sell him for Pogba and 1-2 additional world class signings

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Yes i would sell him,but i would not get Pogba/I would get 4-5 other world class players

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

bismp

Assuming PSG is willing to pay the huge buy-out clause,we can use that money to buy Pogba and another 1-2 world class players.Would you accept that?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If they are going to trigger the buy-out there is nothing we can do as long as Neymar himself agrees to it.

But I wouldn't trade Neymar for Pogba.

bismp

If they are going to trigger the buy-out there is nothing we can do as long as Neymar himself agrees to it.

But I wouldn't trade Neymar for Pogba.
Yeah,poor choice of words.Let's say that they are willing to pay one euro less than the clause,so that we are the ones to make the decision

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
All day long. Love you Neymar, but we could get Pogba plus several other world-class players for that amount. Only problem is that I don't trust the board would buy the right players. Probably try to replace him with that biscuit Reus while overpaying at the same time.

All that is in case Neymar wants to leave, in any other case, I would never want us to sell him. Like I already said, we can afford Pogba next summer without selling him.

Last edited:

Trickykid

It's funny what half a season can do. Nerman was the best player in the world for the majority of the first half of last season, while Pogba had a slow start.
Without ever having a chance to prove it, I bet the majority of the Barcaforum would've laughed at this "trade" around New year.

xavi_the_Boss

All day long. Love you Neymar, but we could get Pogba plus several other world-class players for that amount. Only problem is that I don't trust the board would buy the right players. Probably try to replace him with that biscuit Reus while overpaying at the same time.

No we couldn´t.How much do you think Juve would want for Pogba if they knew that we just got 190 M for Neymar.....

bismp

IMO,it's either:

Pogba and another 1-2 50M great players

Or

Four to five 40-50M players

In other words,we cannot get "Pogba and several other world class players",unless a 20M signing counts as world-class

bismp

It's funny what half a season can do. Nerman was the best player in the world for the majority of the first half of last season, while Pogba had a slow start.
Without ever having a chance to prove it, I bet the majority of the Barcaforum would've laughed at this "trade" around New year.

It's not a direct trade though "Sell Ney,buy Pogba and that's it".It's Pogba and another 1-2 world-class signings or ,if you do not like Pogba, 4-5 other world class signings.We have an aging squad,and a few world-class signings could help us in the long term

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
No we couldn´t.How much do you think Juve would want for Pogba if they knew that we just got 190 M for Neymar.....

No team will pay that much for him, so they wouldn't be able to sell him at all then. But this is all theoretical to begin with, we can easily afford Pogba next summer without selling Neymar. This poll was just created because of the rumours saying he wants to leave in a season or two.

Last edited:

hardyboy

No. We could afford Pogba next year without selling Nerman. Nerman is a future Ballon d'or, we can't let him go. He is irreplaceable imo..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They keep saying Neymar is future Balon. After making the podium last year, he won't be among best 3 this time so who's to say he won't drop down further.
There's a strong argument that he might have peaked already.

Trickykid

It's not a direct trade though "Sell Ney,buy Pogba and that's it".It's Pogba and another 1-2 world-class signings or ,if you do not like Pogba, 4-5 other world class signings.We have an aging squad,and a few world-class signings could help us in the long term

Yeah, I know, hence why I wrote "trade". I still think the idea of selling a young, potentially world's best player is absurd, pretty much no matter the replacement(s). I mean, then we should probably also consider off-loading Messi and Suarez, as the money either of them would fetch, could strengthen our team vastly in other areas.

It's nothing against the poll, just the notion of selling Neymar I don't get.

Trickykid

They keep saying Neymar is future Balon. After making the podium last year, he won't be among best 3 this time so who's to say he won't drop down further.
There's a strong argument that he might have peaked already.

And what strong argument is that?

bismp

Yeah, I know, hence why I wrote "trade". I still think the idea of selling a young, potentially world's best player is absurd, pretty much no matter the replacement(s). I mean, then we should probably also consider off-loading Messi and Suarez, as the money either of them would fetch, could strengthen our team vastly in other areas.

It's nothing against the poll, just the notion of selling Neymar I don't get.

Messi is a club legend,and still is better than Ney,and probably the best in the world,there is no point selling him.As for Suarez,he is more consistent and has showed a better work ethic these past two years.

I mean,we can sell Ney and buy Pogba+Dybala+Laporte,maybe using some of the budget we already have.Add Umtiti,Denis Suarez and Nolito and we have an extremely strong squad for the next 4-5 years

Home of Barca Fans