Luis Enrique

Altomonte

The most clear cut case of the coach being responsible for a loss was the Alaves match: What was he thinking when he started with a B team? Those 3 points and a Clasico win would have been enough to go back to normal, except of course for lack of commitment to score goals in first half: Did we ever have such a poor goal scoring record in first 45 minutes? And ball possession statistic during first 15 minutes?

F

FlaFCB

Licho criticized Pique's posture:

[tw]818816582075830273[/tw]

"Pique is a big boy. The club's posture is impeccable, it's easy to complain and cry".

Seriously, now he's criticizing players in public. He praised Pique the footballer, and then proceeded to criticize him, because he's been vocal recently. Really hope he's gone soon.

Horatio

You're welcome
Lucho is doing the right thing though...if it were any other club we would demand the club to behave more professionally.

I enjoy what Pique is doing, but in reality it's pointless and will only tarnish the club's reputation. We are losing respect a la Real Madrid under Mourinho.
I am noticing it on different forums. Players not going to the ceremony doesn't help either. Again, as a cule I think it's a badass move but others won't see it that way.

I hope we can let good football do the talking again soon.

F

FlaFCB

Lucho is doing the right thing though...if it were any other club we would demand the club to behave more professionally.

I enjoy what Pique is doing, but in reality it's pointless and will only tarnish the club's reputation. We are losing respect a la Real Madrid under Mourinho.
I am noticing it on different forums. Players not going to the ceremony doesn't help either. Again, as a cule I think it's a badass move but others won't see it that way.

I hope we can let good football do the talking again soon.

He's not. Pique's already under fire, and he joined in. Licho has refused to comment on worse issues. What could happen now, it's players turning against him, starting with Pique.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When he was asked about Aduriz' aggression which led to Umtiti struggling to breath, he just brushed it off.

So no. He should not criticize Pique publicly. He should do it in private and reply the same diplomatic half-assed way about it, just like he does when asked about aggression towards our players and pretty much everything else.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's from today in a pre-match press conference for Atheltic Bilbae match tomorrow.

Would you like to quote of what Lucho said about that please?

Thanks in advance.

A very diplomatic answer. Dodging the question and saying he's in favor of the referees getting more help

[tw]817754653366554624[/tw]

He was asked about it again and replied that he has no opinion about what happened.

Mascherano and Suarez were backing Pique so the least Lucho could do was to answer the question the same way he did about the Aduriz-Umtiti incident.

Somehow the club didn't upload the post-match press conference on YouTube, but did upload a small clip from mixed zone smh

LeeRomeno

[MENTION=17987]LeeRomeno[/MENTION]

As a reminder to you, barca's first half of 14-15 la liga isn't representative of the success that later went on to define this season. At that point in time, after earning 3 points more than we have now, Lucho and the board were in serious danger.

This has been my entire point and why i bring this case up constantly. Lets judge him after season has ended, if he pulled a rabbit out of the hat once, no one is here to say that he cannot do it again, also that was his first season and for a coach who only had moderate success in Celta Vigo, his position was clearly and for a reason, in danger. He proved all those who wanted his head wrong then, so today he has much stronger position in club.

God Serena

No, actually. We did enough to beat Malaga at home, the players couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. And when they did, the ref. pulled it back. As with Madrid, the manager can't teach Neymar, and then Messi, how to score in 1 vs 1, especially Neymar. As with Villareal. 2 pens. not given, one post, and other great chances, while Vilareal score at one of their few chances, probably their only big chance.

The game suffers? Sure. So does Madrid's, except everyone else acts as if Madrid is playing sublime and we are playing shit. Hardly so. Madrid are just picking up the points, while we waste them. Both teams have problems with how the games are going. Difference is Madrid win, and we don't. And the reasons are clear, they are more clinical, have more weapons to break down theams that defend deep, and the refs. aren't against them.

It's Malaga, dude. Why are we at the point where we're just unlucky to win these games, and not shitting on them with our most dangerous attacking trio in history? Referees giving us bad calls is nothing new. That didn't stop us from winning by multiple goals against teams in the bottom half of the table, like come on, are we really that pathetic now?

And the dropped points against Madrid can't be chalked up to bad luck, like you're making it sound. Lucho made an idiotic sub that instantly costed us, when there were plenty of much better options. How you can't put this on Lucho is beyond me. I sincerely hope you don't ask who would have been a better sub than Arda.

And I also can't help but roll my eyes at you using the pens we should have had (Only one was a stonewall pen btw, a player falling backwards and touching the ball when he lands would cause riots here if called against us) without even mentioning the pen Mascherano should have been called on that'd have evened it out. And hitting the post, and even scoring the goal we did get, are both on Messi, and don't have anything to do with Lucho's ability as a coach.

This has been my entire point and why i bring this case up constantly. Lets judge him after season has ended, if he pulled a rabbit out of the hat once, no one is here to say that he cannot do it again, also that was his first season and for a coach who only had moderate success in Celta Vigo, his position was clearly and for a reason, in danger. He proved all those who wanted his head wrong then, so today he has much stronger position in club.

I don't see it that way. Barca's 2014-2015 recovery was quite miraculous and probably had a lot to do with Messi and Suarez getting used to their new positions. No one believed we'd have a good season in the end. Zubi's head rolled instead of Lucho's, and even the board had to call early elections.

Today we have 3 points less. I'm not ruling out a major trophy, but unless it is won in a really convincing way, I still want Lucho to leave.

Home of Barca Fans