CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Ken_rosseneri

#1) Valverde is a fraud... he needs to fuck off.. i hate this coach with a passion.. i'm making this very clear.

#2) I know there are some fans on here that have supported Almighty Paulinho.. So.. did he come to your rescue or save you this time? what did he do all game? please i need someone to answer this question.

#3) Valverde saying this wasn't the time to experiment with Dembele? what do you have him in the team for? one bad performance and he's kept aside?

#4) Our midfield is slow..we can't be fucking riding this luck.. we've been riding it for the longest.. our only threat was Messi's goal for an entire 90 mins.. what kind of useless coach is this?

#5) what is with this 442? this makes my blood boil.. very narrow playing, un-ethusiastic, slow, midfielder that can't create.. OMG, sometimes i wish rakitic or vidal should get a lil injury b/c he'll be forced to play other players.. these players have terrible games yet he still plays them..

#6) this was our first real test and we fucking managed to pass it from a mis-pass from chelsea's defender.. sometimes i almost want us to lose so that he can shake up the team.. b/c this fucking shit we're playing isn't gonna cut it.. how many games now we've been struggling to score b/c of this fucking 442 formation.. this coach makes me boil..

#7) why does he wait till there's a problem before he makes a sub?

instead of him to play coutinho over the weekend so that iniesta can be fresh he played iniesta.. again, that was a rubbish and useless performance by Barca.. when they play bad who do they blame? of course the coach and I do blame him... we've been very fortunate and very LUCKY to still be where we are.. Messi FC..

Valverde must be the luckiest coach in Barca's history..

Zincubus

Banned
Maybe? Could have gotten one but Suarez OVERACTED. Most of the time, he raises his hand mid-air before going to the ground and overact just to get the attention of the ref. It's so stupid, it only gives the referee the impression that every foul against him are dives. Why not just take the foul and fall normally?
Rather annoying that he was booked for complaining after he was genuinely tripped up . But the ref missed two ridiculous dives from Hazard
and one laughable one from Moses when Suarez barely laid his hand on him .

vlad

#1) Valverde is a fraud... he needs to fuck off.. i hate this coach with a passion.. i'm making this very clear.

#2) I know there are some fans on here that have supported Almighty Paulinho.. So.. did he come to your rescue or save you this time? what did he do all game? please i need someone to answer this question.

#3) Valverde saying this wasn't the time to experiment with Dembele? what do you have him in the team for? one bad performance and he's kept aside?

#4) Our midfield is slow..we can't be fucking riding this luck.. we've been riding it for the longest.. our only threat was Messi's goal for an entire 90 mins.. what kind of useless coach is this?

#5) what is with this 442? this makes my blood boil.. very narrow playing, un-ethusiastic, slow, midfielder that can't create.. OMG, sometimes i wish rakitic or vidal should get a lil injury b/c he'll be forced to play other players.. these players have terrible games yet he still plays them..

#6) this was our first real test and we fucking managed to pass it from a mis-pass from chelsea's defender.. sometimes i almost want us to lose so that he can shake up the team.. b/c this fucking shit we're playing isn't gonna cut it.. how many games now we've been struggling to score b/c of this fucking 442 formation.. this coach makes me boil..

#7) why does he wait till there's a problem before he makes a sub?

instead of him to play coutinho over the weekend so that iniesta can be fresh he played iniesta.. again, that was a rubbish and useless performance by Barca.. when they play bad who do they blame? of course the coach and I do blame him... we've been very fortunate and very LUCKY to still be where we are.. Messi FC..

Valverde must be the luckiest coach in Barca's history..

:worthy:

vlad

Day after match, i think barca's approach yesterday was good, no need to rush on their goal, just play it simple and wait for mistakes, chelsea didnt have single clear chance, only long range shoots, where willian had his day, but thats it, they didnt outplayed barca, even at 1:0 barca wasnt rushing for that goal, instead they make chelsea to did mistake and 1:1, good result on though match.

From 10 points, i would give 7, on camp nou will be another story, they need to score goal, and its not gonna be potato pitch

Edit: i doubt valverde asked for paulinho, and rakitic cant suddendly become creative player, only thing i dont agree with him is not giving enough chance to semedo and s. Roberto should be in midfield

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Lol. So you posted one post from there that supported enrique? Good job you have totally won the argument. There definitely more posts than 1 but they are still very very few.

Here is the whole thread http://www.theshedend.com/topic/31565-luis-enrique/

Now count how many don't want him and how many do. Don't forget this is chelsea not real or bayern who have standards through the roof. You will lose count how many people said he is tactically shit and how messi and party were the main reason for the success and not him. You really should stop arguing about this honestly. You are having an absolute nightmare here.

This is getting boring. You asked a question, have you seen any fan praising Lucho for his trophy count and i gave you that fan. Took me a minute. This is not rare. End of story, I win. Why do you keep talking about ignorant fan wishes or dreams?
Do you know what is subjective opinion? There are loads of Bayern fans who think Pep is completely trash coach and failed to deliver. Does that make him an average coach? It was quite common opinion among british fans and still is that Pep is very average manager and he only won because of great players. No, fan opinion means nothing. Coaches are very similar to any other team leader position in the world. Ever heard of some sales manager being trashed (although delivering triple results) by stating he just had good sales people. That is ridiculous. Average coaches do not deliver trophies, simple as that.

Then go support Madrid.

Aaand the same old response :lol:

Tell me, where was that invincible Italian defense in last year's final? The one everyone raved about after they beat us?

Could it be that we're subpar in the CL? Nah, it must be the mighty unbreakable Italian defenses. That don't seem to trouble any other big team nearly as much.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Aaand the same old response :lol:

Tell me, where was that invincible Italian defense in last year's final? The one everyone raved about after they beat us?

Could it be that we're subpar in the CL? Nah, it must be the mighty unbreakable Italian defenses. That don't seem to cause any other big team this many problems.

They were playing against Madrid. You should go [strike]support them[/strike] don't watch the games and copy-paste others peoples opinions and pretend to have watched the games on a Real Madrid forum, darth. You know, the same old.

They were playing against Madrid.

Who put 4 past their supposedly invincible defense with ease. Because it's not that we suck in the CL, it's just that italian defenses are invincible. Just like Chelsea will show next weekend when Man City demolishes them.

You should go [strike]support them[/strike] don't watch the games and copy-paste others peoples opinions and pretend to have watched the games on a Real Madrid forum, darth. You know, the same old.

Umm.... what?

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Reading the comments here makes me wonder if it was the first time most of you have seen us play vs Chelsea? It has always been like that, infact, apart from Luchos first season, we have always struggled against well-organized defensive teams and it makes every sense as they just block everything in center, force us to wings and cross or to shoot from distance, both of which produce no real threat.
I suggest you to watch the 2009 highlights, where Chelsea was by far more dangerous and we won by the only shot on target during entire match. Most of descriptions that you had for yesterdays game apply for that as well. We were just passing around in center, holding possession and whenever Chelsea broke, it was dangerous. And that game was suppose to be at the peak of our powers and historical season, we sucked in that game and were extremely lucky to escape with a draw.
What is completely different though, is that after the 2009 game, majority of Barcelona fans were massively happy. That Iniesta goal is for many, one of the most memorable moments they have had as Barcelona fans. There were no people calling for Pep to be sacked as we were so ineffective and won with a lucky goal (which came in similar manner, by defense being sloppy near their own goal).
Fast forward 9 years and same opponent, similar game, similar late goal, and we have people here calling for coach to be sacked, trashing players what not. How ruined has this fanbase become over the years, just sad to watch.

Reading the comments here makes me wonder if it was the first time most of you have seen us play vs Chelsea? It has always been like that, infact, apart from Luchos first season, we have always struggled against well-organized defensive teams and it makes every sense as they just block everything in center, force us to wings and cross or to shoot from distance, both of which produce no real threat.
I suggest you to watch the 2009 highlights, where Chelsea was by far more dangerous and we won by the only shot on target during entire match. Most of descriptions that you had for yesterdays game apply for that as well. We were just passing around in center, holding possession and whenever Chelsea broke, it was dangerous. And that game was suppose to be at the peak of our powers and historical season, we sucked in that game and were extremely lucky to escape with a draw.
What is completely different though, is that after the 2009 game, majority of Barcelona fans were massively happy. That Iniesta goal is for many, one of the most memorable moments they have had as Barcelona fans. There were no people calling for Pep to be sacked as we were so ineffective and won with a lucky goal (which came in similar manner, by defense being sloppy near their own goal).
Fast forward 9 years and same opponent, similar game, similar late goal, and we have people here calling for coach to be sacked, trashing players what not. How ruined has this fanbase become over the years, just sad to watch.

Yeah, let’s compare the Chelsea of 2009, that had almost won the CL just one year prior, to the one that just got trashed by watford :lol:

And dont even try to bring 2012 up. Chelsea should have conceded at least 20 in that tie.

Ritchie

With the exception of having the greatest player the top English teams have overtaken Barca. It's the fact having the greatest player always gives Barca a chance.

I think even Arsenal would make it very difficult for Barca now.

vlad

What are we talking about, 2009 vs chelsea, barca scored from chelsea defence error, and also concede from long range.

That match chelsea was better team

Edit: what about 2012 when they had di mateo? Chelsea just doesnt suit barcelona, and valverde know that and he did great job yesterday

Yeah, let’s compare the Chelsea of 2009, that had almost won the CL just one year prior, to the one that just got trashed by watford :lol:

And dont even try to bring 2012 up. Chelsea should have conceded at least 20 in that tie.

But they didnt conceded more then 1 goal with 10 players, they also scored with 10, you blame luck for that? 2009 was not about luck?

Edit: your argument how chelsea was good in 2009, but you dont mention chelsea 2012 which was in middle of the table when PL was really weak, and they won cl that year, so clearly table position in the legaue and performances there doesnt matter in CL

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Yea, lets completely ignore the fact that Chelsea is PL champion with same coach and more or less same players. Doesnt even matter...

Home of Barca Fans