Ivan Rakitić

Schumi

This guy would be good for Everton or such team, i dont know, i dont get it, what is he doing here? he can be good against Almeria and thoose teams but against any quality side he is simply not good enough

I tend to agree. I am seriously worried that he is not Barca material.

Lomar1o

yes he is. have you seen his defensive workrate? what does xavi offer? tempo? control? where was the tempo, where was the control? xavi is shit against bus parking teams who counter-attack. at least rakitic has the energy to track back and cover for alves. that and many other factors make rakitic a better player xavi is right now, and we need rakitic more than we need xavi now. xavi will never be 2009-10 again

barcanuck

yes he is. have you seen his defensive workrate? what does xavi offer? tempo? control? where was the tempo, where was the control? xavi is shit against bus parking teams who counter-attack. at least rakitic has the energy to track back and cover for alves. that and many other factors make rakitic a better player xavi is right now, and we need rakitic more than we need xavi now. xavi will never be 2009-10 again

Very true, people can knock Rakitic sometimes but he offers tracking back and twice the defensive work compared to Xavi and Iniesta.

barcanuck

Well so do Sergi Roberto, if workrate is all we need then Pedro would be a given.

Yeah but Raki offers some physicality compared to Roberto and Pedro's work rate. The midfield is being overrun by fast counter teams, the days of the XBI midfield are over. Sadly none of our coaches want to change it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was gr8 against RM when he was with Sevilla actually

Exactly.
Besides, what is he supposed to do? Cover for everyone and being Dani's security guard. I fail to see where Lucho is going with it.
Play him in Iniesta role and you'll see the difference.

khaled_a_d

Exactly.
Besides, what is he supposed to do? Cover for everyone and being Dani's security guard. I fail to see where Lucho is going with it.
Play him in Iniesta role and you'll see the difference.

ٍtbh I think the problem was benching him in 1st place ,he is good midfield player,physical and have his creative moments but I don't believe he is the player who can come from the bench and change the game ,Xavi actually does that
This is the mistake I blame Lucho most ,Xavi should have been on bench for Ratitic while he can come from the bench fresh and ready to change our pace

blaugrana1987

We should have bought Kroos. Anyone from Croatia could tell you that Ivan is not player barca needs. Damn...I'm thinking if only we had Arsenals midfield lol

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Didn't he struggle when he first moved to Sevilla? From what I've noticed, he's still adapting. Once he has, he will be great for us.

Home of Barca Fans