Ibrahim Afellay

supermar

Afellay is scoring and looking flash in the DUTCH league. Fuck man-look at the marking and defence-poor to non-existent. Even Kezman looked like Messi in the Dutch League!

The difference is that he also looked good in the Dutch team, against not so weak teams I think. After his brilliant performance against Sweden all club teams are watching him....

Aasim

Bumbleman
Hold on.. i didn't know he was that cheap!

Then i think he would be a good signing considering we've got hardly anything to lose.

And if he doesnt work out, Thiago should have developed enough to take on more responsibility.

Culeee

The difference is that he also looked good in the Dutch team, against not so weak teams I think. After his brilliant performance against Sweden all club teams are watching him....
His only great game in the dutch NT was against sweden.. depends on what your definition of 'not so weak teams' is..

Sure if we can get him for 2 mill i would always say go for it, thats peanuts for a player that wouldnt do bad as a backup but do we really want to hamper thiagos development.. there is no room for keita, mash, afellay AND thiago on the bench.. that would mean thiago gets relegated to the b team again pretty harsh on the kid especially after he has done so well.. i am simply against this because i dont feel like afellay is the type of player we need or someone that is worth putting in the squad before thiago

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Afellay is a bargain. 4 million is almost nothing, and if he doesn´t join us in the winter, we can still get him for free when his contract expires this summer...He´s a quality player, and he´s very versatile too, and he´d fit in our style of playing very easily. I hope he´ll join us instead of Inter or Atlético.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't see how he won't be sold in January, no way PSV lets him go for free...They need that money, even if it's a few million

Votebal International, usually rather reliable, claims Barca are offering between 2-4 million Euros for Afellay

Meanwhile, PSV's sporting director, Pedro Salazar, says that while there is serious interest for Afellay, Barca have not officially made an offer...Instead, Salazar says it a different European club that has shown the most serious interest

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Afellay's preference is Spain, though, and Cocu has told him he thought Afellay should go to Barça. So I can't see him joining Inter or so.

And I think PSV would do better to let him go for free than to sell him now....no way they'd get into the CL when they'd sell Afelaay now! For only 4 million euros they can't possibly get a similar player back. I mean, I can't see PSV getting a similar player in return, and PSV lack creative players, so they'd be stupid to go for the cash. Also, selling Lazovic to Zenith last winter was kinda traumatic for PSV, as selling him was one of the major causes of PSV's rather weak second half of the season. So they won't make that mistake again, I guess.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, supposedly, there are also clubs from the Premiership (ManU, Liverpool & Arsenal) who have interest as well as Atlético Madrid

F

Flavia

4 millions? Sign him, now. At the least, we can sell him for 5 or 6 and make a profit.

Trequartista

The good
I am starting to like this addition,he will be cheap,He is versatile,he will allow us to play various types of formations 4-3-3,4-2-3-1,he will allow us to concentrate more on a striker next summer so yes,it will be a good addition

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
It would be the deal of the century lmao. 4 million? What are the club waiting for?

jamrock

if its for the price being qouted I'd take the risk, even though I have never seen him play.

if its for 8,9 mil or above then No, Thiago is probably already more talented and just needs a few more games to really start turning it on. and nolito can be given a chance to see how he develops.

Trequartista

The good
according to Ryan_Cule's sources,we secured a pre agreement with Afe,he will sign a 4 or 4.5 years contract,whether he joins Barca in January or June is to be seen

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Player's agent said that the final decision between bidding clubs was down to Inter, Liverpool & Barça...EMD are saying that Ibi has already confessed to relatives that Barça is his destination

Home of Barca Fans