XMG's Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

Here we go :tito:

Transfer budget: €50,000,000
Players sold: Valdes (12m), Alexis (20m), Pedro (15m), Cesc (40m), Bojan (0), JdS (3.5m), Afellay (10m), Fontas (2.5m), Cuenca (4m), Keirrison (0.75m) = €107,750,000
Players bought: Marchetti (10m), Thiago Silva (40m), Marquinhos (20m), Lamela (22m), Cavani (55m) = €147,000,000
Players promoted: Deulofeu, S Roberto
Players loaned out: Bartra (to Inter after having a beer with Moratti), Muniesa (probably to a midtable Liga side)
Balance: €10,750,000 :rosell:

2013/2014 SQUAD

Goalkeepers:
1. Marchetti
2. Pinto
3. Olazabal

Defenders:
4. Pique
5. Thiago Silva
6 Marquinhos
7. Puyol
8. Abidal
9. Alba
10. Montoya
11. Adriano
12. Alves

Midfielders:
13. Iniesta
14. Xavi
15. Thiago
16. Busquets
17. Mascherano (can also play CB)
18. Song
19. Sergi Roberto

Forwards:
20. Messi
21. Villa
22. Tello
23. Deulofeu
24. Cavani
25. Lamela (not sure whether to put him as AM or winger, so just sticking him here as he is winger in the second formation I posted)

Lineups and description:​

120513001429.png

Let's try some 3-5-2! Obviously in some games Puyol will need a rest, in which case Masch can play as CB, with Marquinhos getting some experience/game time mostly as a sub or in easier matches. Xavi will need rest as well, generally with Thiago in his place. If Alves continues to have poor form next season, drop him for Montoya (otherwise just rotate). Song rotating with Busquets. Slowly introduce Deulo & Roberto into the first team, continue giving Tello some minutes as well. Villa super-sub generally (no embarrassing 10-min-appearances-while-we're-behind however).

Here is an alternative formation:

120513005907.png

This one would introduce Lamela into the starting XI & remove one CB (Puyol).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Serie A overload :lol:

Lot of these would be smart transfers and I'd be curious to see how lively Barca look in a 3-5-2

F

Flavia

You sold Cesc :ohmy: :p
I pondered about it, but decided to keep him. Also the same with Pedro.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm liking it!
Looks like what I posted previously too. Cavani-Messi would be an absolute bomb. There's no language barrier and if we are to look at Forlan's example.. Messi relishing more room and Cavani providing us with so much needed physical presence.
Only thing missing is Conte but I suppose you'd be against that :)

XaviMessiGirl

You sold Cesc :ohmy: :p
I pondered about it, but decided to keep him. Also the same with Pedro.

Yeah, I thought about it a lot too, but figured having an extra 40m was too hard to pass up.

Seems pretty unrealistic, but hey it is a VIRTUAL manager right?

Well yeah I highly doubt we would ever do that much buying/selling in a single transfer window, no. But I think all the players I chose to buy are Barca material & I could see most of them at the club in the future (maybe not Marchetti, that's more a personal choice & probably not someone that Barca would ever seriously look at, but it's not a ridiculous suggestion either).

I'm liking it!
Looks like what I posted previously too. Cavani-Messi would be an absolute bomb. There's no language barrier and if we are to look at Forlan's example.. Messi relishing more room and Cavani providing us with so much needed physical presence.
Only thing missing is Conte but I suppose you'd be against that :)

Also, Cavani already has experience playing in a 3-5-2 with Napoli, which would be helpful if we were to try that formation.

Re: Conte... well I'm already the manager, no? I could make him my assistant, might have to slap him around a bit though :VdB:

To everyone wanting to sell Cesc: bad idea IMO. He was great in the first half of the season and part of the reason we won the league by December. Besides, we need the depth, and I don't think Xavi/Iniesta/Thiago/Roberto (who is very raw and inexperienced, coming straight from the B team) is enough. If we were to sell Cesc (which we shouldn't do), we should bring in another midfielder like Isco or maybe Gundogan to replace him IMO.

A lot of your signings would be good ones though.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Do you think selling Cesc would prove an unpopular decision in the squad? Many of the players (including cantera authority figures such as Xavi, Iniesta, Pique) will probably feel he was unfairly treated and not given a proper chance at the club.

Even though everything balances out, do you not think that spending €147m is a bit much? This is also taking into consideration that the majority of them are from Serie A and Barca havent had a great history with players arriving from Italy.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Where is De Rossi? I know he'd be almost impossible to get but this is a fantasy after all and he could play both DM and CB :pep:

XaviMessiGirl

To everyone asking why I haven't bought *insert Serie A player here* - it's a slow process guys, don't want Rosell to think I'm completely crazy, so can't do it all at once ;) I am waiting for example for Pirlo's contract to run out, then I can get him for free and he can finally fulfill his dream of playing for Barca. Dani will eventually go and be replaced by De Sciglio, etc.

You all just wait :tito:

(Irish, I will answer your questions later when I've got more time)

XaviMessiGirl

Do you think selling Cesc would prove an unpopular decision in the squad? Many of the players (including cantera authority figures such as Xavi, Iniesta, Pique) will probably feel he was unfairly treated and not given a proper chance at the club.

Even though everything balances out, do you not think that spending €147m is a bit much? This is also taking into consideration that the majority of them are from Serie A and Barca havent had a great history with players arriving from Italy.

That's a risk I was willing to take, like I said I needed the money to fund the signings I wanted to make. Also in my 3-5-2 there is no room for Cesc as a regular starter anyway. And when I do rotation I would rather give Thiago or Sergi minutes to get them experience.

I already mentioned that I realize it's a little unrealistic to do that much transfer activity at once (and that much big money signings), but I think most people's are a little unrealistic in that regard. About the Serie A thing, it's definitely a gamble especially with the young ones Marquinhos/Lamela, but it's just really tempting to try to make a project out of it.

Where is De Rossi? I know he'd be almost impossible to get but this is a fantasy after all and he could play both DM and CB :pep:

I want this, you know it. But it's way too much of a stretch that Roma would hand over three top players at once :lol: unless they're really really reallllllly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans