Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

• Yes

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

MIXA

No, I wouldn't sell any of MSN. Before MSN we had problems in the front with playing Cesc as a make shift forward and having to deal with Sanchez's inability to be efficient in la Liga. We would basically be going back to our old problems by giving up MSN.

I do however think that there maybe be another sly way to raise money although a highly controversial one.

We can perhaps try sell Iniesta to China for 50 mil. This is just a hypothetical suggestion but Iniesta is the only high value player I would be willing to let go. I know that he wouldn't want to leave but his days are unfortunately drawing to an end. Even though he is in his late 30's, I think that the Chinese are crazy. They are probably mad enough to pay a huge amount for someone like Iniesta, who still is footballing royalty.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] your options would cost whatever we'd get for Suarez/Neymar, maybe even more.

gasgas

No, I wouldn't sell any of MSN. Before MSN we had problems in the front with playing Cesc as a make shift forward and having to deal with Sanchez's inability to be efficient in la Liga. We would basically be going back to our old problems by giving up MSN.

I do however think that there maybe be another sly way to raise money although a highly controversial one.

We can perhaps try sell Iniesta to China for 50 mil. This is just a hypothetical suggestion but Iniesta is the only high value player I would be willing to let go. I know that he wouldn't want to leave but his days are unfortunately drawing to an end. Even though he is in his late 30's, I think that the Chinese are crazy. They are probably mad enough to pay a huge amount for someone like Iniesta, who still is footballing royalty.
50 m is too little

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even though Neymar might never reach Messi's level, he is the future of the club, at least from the attacking/offense perspective. If you sell Neymar, who will be out leading attacker and goal scorer when Messi is gone?

I love Suarez but he is getting old and if we could cash him in for some young propspect, we should.

BBZ8800

or 3: They have no support at all which makes their work much harder to do. That problem is easy to see. Why is Neymar collecting the ball in midfield area when he should be near to opponents box waiting to either get the ball or to make a run? Why does Messi have to drop so damn deep? Yeah thats right, there is nobody on the field except n declining Iniesta to bring the ball up or attempt to make a killer pass.

Neymar does the same crap (going deep to get the ball) for Brasil.
That's just his new style.

About the other part where you say that Pedro wouldn't pull a Psg's miracle.
It works both ways:
Pedro would have scored more goals.
Pedro wouldn't miss a sitter against Rm for 2:0.
Pedro wouldn't get red carded against Malaga.
With Pedro, we wouldn't lose 0:3 and 0:4 in a Cl because we had zero connection between attack and midfield.

Anyway, a what if game works in both ways.

Neymar has some skills better than Pedro, but he also has tons of cons which are ruining our team.

BBZ8800

Even though Neymar might never reach Messi's level, he is the future of the club, at least from the attacking/offense perspective. If you sell Neymar, who will be out leading attacker and goal scorer when Messi is gone?

I love Suarez but he is getting old and if we could cash him in for some young propspect, we should.

Neymar will be 30 when Messi will retire.
So, more or less, Neymar will never be our leader post Messi.

By the time when Messi retires, Neymar will be a few years behind his prime already.

Whom will we buy?
2-3 new superstar kids emerge in each season.

There will be 5-10 new superstar forwards on market by the time Messi retires.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar does the same crap (going deep to get the ball) for Brasil.
That's just his new style.

About the other part where you say that Pedro wouldn't pull a Psg's miracle.
It works both ways:
Pedro would have scored more goals.
Pedro wouldn't miss a sitter against Rm for 2:0.
Pedro wouldn't get red carded against Malaga.
With Pedro, we wouldn't lose 0:3 and 0:4 in a Cl because we had zero connection between attack and midfield.

Anyway, a what if game works in both ways.

Neymar has some skills better than Pedro, but he also has tons of cons which are ruining our team.

Pedro might have scored more goals yes, but we don't know. I mean, Pedro had 5 goals in 2011/12 in the league and 13 in 2010/11 in our absolute best team ever. It's debatable at best.

He wouldn't have missed the sitter since he wouldn't have created that chance in the first place, if you're finished trying to change the narrative then perhaps you'll remember that he missed the sitter he created all by himself. Does that mean it's okay he missed? Hell no, but Pedro wouldn't have created that chance in the first place. If it was a chance Messi created and he missed then you have a point, but it wasn't.

Pedro wouldn't have been sent off, he's disciplined.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Neymar isn't the one who signs our players or plays in the midfield :lol: How is Pedro going to create a "connection" between the attack and the midfield?

As usual you're being incredibly unreasonable by trying to paint all our misgivings and bad play, bad management, bad board decisions on a single player since you hate him so much that you would love to see him fail as you admitted.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The problem isn't MSN it is the shit midfield and over reliance on Messi as everyone defers to him and makes team too one dimensional.

If Barca sign a proper midfield, Messi stays as a RW who doesn't look for ball centrally all the time then Barca give more problems to teams then it will be far harder to defend than is now.

Having said that can't see that happening or anyone having the balls to tell Messi to stick on RW more so won't happen.

I don't think Messi will stick to RW ever again tbh, for him it doesn't make sense and the team has always played on Messi strength tbh. He doesn't seem interested to get back to that position at all. And tbh he is getting older and usually players tend to move more central as they age not to the side of the pitch

This is probably the biggest tactical challenge we have at the moment tbh. Messi position,he is at his best at the current state but it hurt the team tactically.
Whether we can convonce him to back to RW,became a free role AM will be our biggest challenge next year. And honestly I think this should be the 1st decision by the coach and our transfers should be made based on that

Total-Football

It doesn't work like that in Management. You simply do not adress weaknesses to the detriment of strenghts. It makes 0% sense.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I don't think Messi will stick to RW ever again tbh, for him it doesn't make sense and the team has always played on Messi strength tbh. He doesn't seem interested to get back to that position at all. And tbh he is getting older and usually players tend to move more central as they age not to the side of the pitch

This is probably the biggest tactical challenge we have at the moment tbh. Messi position,he is at his best at the current state but it hurt the team tactically.
Whether we can convonce him to back to RW,became a free role AM will be our biggest challenge next year. And honestly I think this should be the 1st decision by the coach and our transfers should be made based on that

I don't think the root cause of this particular issue is Messi's preferred position. It is our lack of quality Midfield play that is causing this issue to rise and get out of control. When Messi moves out of RW, we don’t have anyone else who can slot into that position and still cause a threat, so the opposition basically neglects our right flank and focuses on defending our Left and middle. Add to that that we don’t have a proper RB, this not only makes us predictable and easier to defend against, it also unbalances our whole team and weakens our defense.

To fix this, we need a quality midfield, another good RW player and a proper right back. Keep in mind we don’t really need Messi to play on the RW every match nor do we require him to remain on the RW throughout each match. Our play will remain a fluid play, but in key matches we might need him to play more on the RW and he will not be opposed to that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MSN is a weakness because the team or management believe they can solve everything by themselves, but they can't all the time. They need help, support.

The good thing about MSN is that they are willing to sacrifice something if it meant the team performing better and winning more trophies. If our midfield + tactics instantly improved, they won't be egoists by trying to do everything by themselves. They'll let the midfield carry the ball forward to them to exploit it in dangerous areas.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
“Within each problem lies a disguised opportunity. . . But it is the art of unmasking the disguise that distinguishes between the two.” Anonymous

I am not surprised some people are thinking MSN is the problem.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't think the root cause of this particular issue is Messi's preferred position. It is our lack of quality Midfield play that is causing this issue to rise and get out of control. When Messi moves out of RW, we don’t have anyone else who can slot into that position and still cause a threat, so the opposition basically neglects our right flank and focuses on defending our Left and middle. Add to that that we don’t have a proper RB, this not only makes us predictable and easier to defend against, it also unbalances our whole team and weakens our defense.

To fix this, we need a quality midfield, another good RW player and a proper right back. Keep in mind we don’t really need Messi to play on the RW every match nor do we require him to remain on the RW throughout each match. Our play will remain a fluid play, but in key matches we might need him to play more on the RW and he will not be opposed to that.

Messi moved to midfield early in 2016 before there was a problem tbh,midfield in the 1st 3 months of 2016 was doing there job and the team was dominant but he still played in the middle. It didn't look like an issue until Zidane exposed our right flank in the classico and things fell apart after that
Sure we need midfield upgrade and it would help,but I don't see anything that suggest that Messi is gonna be RW again, can argue that was the same case in 2014,but he was faster than he was back then and was able to put more effort too.

Home of Barca Fans