Oriol Busquets

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not counting Alena? Or does he no longer count as a La Masia gem now that he's with the first team? If it's the latter, I'm unfortunately inclined to agree with you. If it's the former, I think you may be overrating Puig.

Strictly speaking Barca B and Juvenil A right now. Anything below is too early to judge. And Alena is with the 1st team so I'm not counting him as he's made the step up and I believe will be valuable to the team even if it is as a super sub.

All of the expectations on Oriol has nothing to do with his surname but what he has been showing both for the club and Spain YT since he was a kid.
The one who is also currently overrated by fans is in fact, Puig not Oriol.

He's a promising talent, but I fear he suffers from the same limitations as Sergio, without the elite talent, and with football evolving and teams wanting players that are more aggressive, agile with mobility as their defensive midfielders........game might be running past Oriol Busquets. But if he's indeed special, he'll make the team regardless of who we sign.

Porque

Oriol Busquets has the most strategic name of all the La Masia players. The last best two defensive midfielders rolled into one. Oriol Romeu and Sergio Busquets.

Level wise, he is probably in the middle of both and can potentially be a squad option with our lack of depth at DMC.

God Serena

I see Oriol being a good backup for Frenkie when Busi is no longer able to start, or at least, I see that being his ceiling. I find it hard to imagine Busquets willingly sitting on the bench long term as he ages and is forced to watch a new wonderkid play his role, just the same as Pedro before him.

DonAK

I see Oriol being a good backup for Frenkie when Busi is no longer able to start, or at least, I see that being his ceiling. I find it hard to imagine Busquets willingly sitting on the bench long term as he ages and is forced to watch a new wonderkid play his role, just the same as Pedro before him.

Busquets said a couple of months ago he has two more years at this level so I won't be surprised if he leaves to join Iniesta in Japan or something in 2020/2021.

Joan

Busquets is one of Barcelona's biggest legends, he'll be treated more than fair. As usual.

Last edited:

DonAK

Busquets is one of Barcelona's biggest legends, he'll be treated more than fair. As usual.

Yeah. Also unlike other teams our legends seem to realize when it's time to leave. Xavi and Iniesta left at the right time unlike Ribery and Robben over in Munich or Rooney and others in England.

God Serena

Yeah. Also unlike other teams our legends seem to realize when it's time to leave. Xavi and Iniesta left at the right time unlike Ribery and Robben over in Munich or Rooney and others in England.

If Xavi and Iniesta were still here our starting midfield under Valverde would legitimately still be Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets. :lol:

God Serena

Also, when did I lose that bet for this profile picture? I had to keep it for so long I actually grew to like it...:gathering:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Not counting Alena? Or does he no longer count as a La Masia gem now that he's with the first team? If it's the latter, I'm unfortunately inclined to agree with you. If it's the former, I think you may be overrating Puig.

Alena is a first team player now not a part of the B team anymore

tacticvarium

[tw]1149175379837489152[/tw]

He will succeed just like Morey as long as they stay injury-free.
Hope Puig also makes a smart decision.

Messi983

Selling him with buy-back option to a good BL team would be good for him and Barça.

Mallorca apparently also wants Oriol (and Miranda) on loan.

Home of Barca Fans