Andres Iniesta

K

kroki223

I really really hope that one day he'll win the ballon D'or. If someone deservs it, then its him. It would be even nicer if xavi could get his ballon d'or first, and after that it's don andres' time!

Messi will win his fourth ballon D'or. Messi wa a beast too, but his finishing was bad.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
20ptw5t.jpg

desoe

It was one of the finest, most dominating football performances I've seen lately.

He did his usual thing, but I felt like he added a little spice on it, making some extra dribbles to double the excitement.

There was nobody else on the pitch yesterday for me, but Iniesta. Top notch performance, just ridiculous.

BerkeleyBernie

Average first half where he lost the ball sometimes unnecessarily. Brilliant second half. Sort of like the 3-1 win last December.

He sure knows when to step his game up.

Exactly. He was great with the ball on his feet, but he uncharacteristically lost possession on misplaced passes early in the game. Stood out because it was way below his standard, or even the average Barça standard.

But man, just beautiful to watch. A more intelligent/efficient dribbler than Messi, for my money (who seems to like to pick out a wall of players to run at, just for the challenge).

Not the prettiest thing he did on the field yesterday, but the way he and Adriano(?) managed to work the ball out of the left back against two Madrid players pressing hard. Any other team would have booted the ball up field, put it out of bounds, or lost it. They just kept moving, protecting the ball, and working it between them until Xavi made it over to support.

F

Flavia

How people can put Ronaldo ahead of this guy really is beyond me. The closest thing to Messi and his only real competition. Doesn't it just make you happy to see this guy play? You have this huge smile on your face and you only notice it once your muscles start hurting lol. He can do no wrong in my eyes, he's as perfect as they come, in every freaking aspect. :worthy: :worthy:
A friend of mine thinks Iniesta is the best Barça player. She says Messi's the one who scores more, but she gets so impressed every time she sees Iniesta playing, there's nothing I can say to change her mind. And she's not exactly a football or barça fan.

Henry_IB

Banned
A friend of mine thinks Iniesta is the best Barça player. She says Messi's the one who scores more, but she gets so impressed every time she sees Iniesta playing, there's nothing I can say to change her mind. And she's not exactly a football or barça fan.

I can see why some rate Iniesta higher than Messi. I personally think Messi is the best player, however I like Iniesta more.

footyfan

Calma, calma
For me, Messi is still king. His passing is now on Xavi and Iniesta's level. Maybe he can't control a game as well as them but that's not his job.

It is a little easier to dribble in the areas that Iniesta dribbles when compared to where Messi dribbles. Messi has gotten us out of sticky situations a lot of times. Sometimes, in big games, it will look like Messi is having a bad time while Iniesta is shining but that is only because Messi is the star and thus gets far far more attention than Iniesta. I have noticed for quite some time now that Messi is consciously being used as a decoy to open spaces for the others. Either that or he's just totally disinterested in the game which I think is unlikely.

For a non Barca fan, I can see why anyone would like Iniesta more than Messi. Probably they got a big thrashing from Messi! Or they like Ronaldo and are being hipsters. These are the usual reasons. Of course, they might actually be telling the truth and prefer Iniesta to Messi.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah, it's something similar for me. Messi is the best but my favorite are Xavi and Busquets just because they're so calm when they have the ball, I know they won't lose it. And I always like to see how they make spaces for each other in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans