Darts

Gilberto

Yeah, Taylor seemed to be ok with it. He knew that even if he played his best darts (in recent years), he probably would've lost anyways.

Yup, such a shame he missed out on that nine-dart finish, would have been the icing on the cake.

A lot of new names in the premier league apparantly. Curious to see what the new guys can do.

Messi983

Premier league is starting tonight in Dublin.

Mensur Suljović vs Simon Whitlock
Gary Anderson vs Michael Smith
Daryl Gurney vs Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen vs Rob Cross
Peter Wright vs Gerwyn Price

Strange not to see Phil Taylor's name there. Cross, Gurney, Suljović and Price will all make their debuts in Premier League. I'm really looking forward to MvG vs Cross matchup.

Zincubus

Banned
Are women allowed to enter the would championships ??

It's surely a game both sexes could compete against each other ??

Messi983

Someone in the comments said: "Without the shirts and crowd, it's just darts."

Without walk-on girls too. :(

I think women's averages are just too low to compete against men at the top level like World Championships consistently though Gayl King (2001) and Anastasia Dobromyslova (2009) have played in men's WC. They are playing together in smaller tournaments and leagues though but those are usually not televised.

Messi983

Another legend is gone. Raymond van Barneveld out in 1st round in his last WC. As previously announced he has retired after the WC and will play exhibitional matches like Phil Taylor. I've always liked Barney but he hasn't won a major tournament in years so it was the right decision for him to step away.

Also, some big surprises already in early stages. Rob Cross and Michael Smith were both eliminated in 2nd round.

Here we go. Congrats Fallon. :worthy: She'll play against Mensur Suljević tomorrow.

[tw]1207064016390180866[/tw]

Messi983

When is she playing ( on telly ) next ??

Sorry, didn't see this post before.

She played yesterday and lost against Chris Dobey. Still a great result.

BTW, we already have three quarterfinal matchups:

Nathan Aspinall vs Dimitri van den Bergh - should be an interesting game between two up and coming players. VDB had a great comeback against Adrian Lewis today being down 3-1 and won 4-3.

Peter Wright vs Luke Humphries - the reigning PDC World Youth Champion Humphries will face a Snakebite who lead 3-0 against Jeffrey de Zwaan in the Round of 16 and then let him back in the game but still won 4-3

Michael Van Gerwen vs Darius Labanauskas - MVG shouldn't have any problems against currently 99. ranked player in the world who is the biggest surprise of the tournament

Glen Durant vs Gerwyn Price/Simon Whitlock

Havesaks

Another legend is gone. Raymond van Barneveld out in 1st round in his last WC. As previously announced he has retired after the WC and will play exhibitional matches like Phil Taylor. I've always liked Barney but he hasn't won a major tournament in years so it was the right decision for him to step away.

Also, some big surprises already in early stages. Rob Cross and Michael Smith were both eliminated in 2nd round.

Here we go. Congrats Fallon. :worthy: She'll play against Mensur Suljević tomorrow.

[tw]1207064016390180866[/tw]

Thought the first guy was the girl. A lesbian girl.

Messi983

When is she playing ( on telly ) next ??

You'll have a chance to see her next month against MVG.

[tw]1214111224788586498[/tw]

Aspinall and Durrant will also make their debuts in the PL this year.

Also, congrats to Peter Wright for winning World Championship last week. He beat Van Gerwen 7-3 in the final and became the oldest player (49 years) to win his first WC title. I was never a fan but after seeing him so emotional after the final I'm really happy for him.

ENPS8mLUYAEQg7N.png

Last edited:

Messi983

Premier League is starting tonight in Aberdeen. Especially looking forward to a MvG vs Snakebite re-match.

M.Smith vs G.Durrant
G.Anderson vs. D.Gurney
MvG vs P.Wright
N.Aspinall vs J.Henderson
G.Price vs R.Cross

Also, it looks like they've changed schedule and Fallon Sherrock will play against Glen Durrant and not MvG next week. Would be really interesting to see her against van Gerwen but now she has better chances to surprise. :)

Home of Barca Fans