Lliga | Round 32: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

If anyone is going to steal the league, in case barca f ups, its going to be Atletico. Real Madrid have to many away matches, and Real just suck in away matches. No way Real beat all 4 away games remaining.

If they are in position to win the league they will somehow (even with referee's help) win at both Anoeta and Riazor. They will no doubt win against their B team next week and also against Rayo who can't defend. I actually have the biggest hopes to get some points of them for Villarreal at Bernabeu.

For me winning our next two games is crucial. I could see Athletic losing points at San Mames (and maybe at home against Malaga) and as already said Villarreal could surprise in Madrid. If we win against Valencia and Depor and go to +5/+6 again then we're good. If not we could have a really hard time in last 4 games. Sporting will play like warriors and Abelardo knows Barça well, Betis could be out of all relegation worries in time we play against them and be even more dangerous because of that, we all know that this is game of the season for Asspanyol and Granada in last game of the season could still play for their survival.

We've complicated things with current bad form but I still believe in this team to be back at their best quickly and that' we'll win league title.

Mido

I am absolutely convinced that our problem is mainly mental/psychological. In our times, some things appear to be what they aren't.

Under Tata, we played one of the best half of the decade against Atletico Madrid in the CL return leg but it was one of the worst season of the last decade. That's just my personal opinion, but I still believe that we were potentially the best team in the world, it's just that mentally ( and maybe physically) we weren't there.

Under Enrique, Barca is a lot more versatile and can beat any team on their A game, but I noticed that there were phases, especially since the Arsenal game, were they massively dropped in terms of quality for several minutes. We clearly lack consistency this season.It's a long way to the top but it's even harder to stay at that level. Please correct me if I am wrong under Guardiola, we played football at a very very high level for 4 successive seasons. And every season, Guardiola made adjustmensts. Enrique made minor adjustments this season.The transfer ban and the injuries were actually a blessing in disguise and it helped us to discover new weapons we weren't even aware we had. It helped us improve massively to the extent that we demolished Real in their own backyard without Messi.

Unless someone is part of the Barca staff, I don't think that anyone here really knows why we are less consistent. So I'll just make a guess :

From Guardiola to Tata, we had a very solid construct in the midfield. We were physically inferior, but technically so superior that we forced the opposite team to defend and we dominated them.

With Suarez and Rakitic joining the club Enrique partially broke that construct and developed other aspects of Barca's game.We had to pass through an awakward transition from August 2014 till october 2014 where we managed to win without impressing. But Enrique had very clear ideas, he made the right adjustments and it finished to pay off : Barca played amazing football from February 2015 till the end of the season.
One of the keys to success under Enrique's system, and that's just my guess, is intensity. With all the games we played, it's safe to assume that we are now witnessing a diminished Barcelona. With Messi being out of form/gassed and Arda clearly not being able to bring what a 35 years old Xavi could bring, I am afraid that without our gala XI we lose the "construct" we had in the midfield. Actually, without Iniesta on the pitch, we are not the Barcelona of 2009-2015 anymore. I would argue that Enrique doesn't have the necessary players to further make adjustements. Rakitic is very good but he can't control the pace of the game nor can he overcome opposite pressing in thight areas of the field. Suarez is monstruous and the best number 9 in the world but he can't contribute to our possession game when needed. Neymar has massively improved his passing but he clearly cannot contribute to our build-up game as Messi, usually, does. When you have Rakitic, Suarez and Neymar instead of Xavi,Pedro and Villa you are forced to play a more direct and intense game. But if you#re not on your A game you start to become more clumsy, and when Messi is out of shape ( mentally and physically) you start to lose the construct you had in the midfield. The rest of this season will be very interesting to see how we will evolve.

Anyway this game will be the moment of truth for this season. Iniesta's leadership and Messi's mindset will be key.

DennyCrane

latest

Sell everyone, close shop and leave. At this rate, Barca's getting relegated.

Kikan

Not a big deal and we are still the leaders .Scoring with two buses parked is not easy .The team was just too bloody emotional for reasons i failed to understand .I felt bad for messi which the whole team was expecting to come up with miracle that never came . With Suarez back we should be fine and back to our winning ways .

Neymar Jr

Hi everyone!

Im a new member and my English is not that great still I adore FCB and would love to have my saying on the team's matches.

As for the drop in level last few games, I believe it is not a great deal and the team can shake it off soon as long as they intend to give it all the next few games starting at the Calderon!

Visca Barca

Neymar Jr

Messi needs to be part of the rotation! he and the team really need it!

Not bringing Nolito to camp Nou was a big mistake. Now when MSN are out of form the whole team are out of form since they are our attackers and paly makers!

JackaL

Alarming form actually. Don't know if it's Lucho's tactics or our players who seem to be out of form. But it certainl does not help this time around. We have brought both Madrid teams back in the game with the silly super silly loss against RM at home, there was no way the were going to win that game with a more seriously playing Barca. Atletico will go for La Liga like their lives depending on it, especiialy when we get to the next round in the CL, and that is also doubtful!

Hope it's just performance and not form! It is harsh to blame any of the players, especially if you saw how guys like Neymar and Suarez have stepped up when Messi was injured. And I see silly posts like Messi not running... You can criticize him for a few things but running is the most overrated, silliest thing to blame him for!

lmcr17

messi 2012 would've scored a hatrick we could've won this game even tho we weren't flashing. i dont think any la liga team will bother us from now on

mssarm

Alarming form actually. Don't know if it's Lucho's tactics or our players who seem to be out of form. But it certainl does not help this time around. We have brought both Madrid teams back in the game with the silly super silly loss against RM at home, there was no way the were going to win that game with a more seriously playing Barca. Atletico will go for La Liga like their lives depending on it, especiialy when we get to the next round in the CL, and that is also doubtful!

Hope it's just performance and not form! It is harsh to blame any of the players, especially if you saw how guys like Neymar and Suarez have stepped up when Messi was injured. And I see silly posts like Messi not running... You can criticize him for a few things but running is the most overrated, silliest thing to blame him for!
It's not a bad thing to bring Madrid teams back to the race. We are still in position to win the title and Madrid teams are not fully focusing on CL games, they are not giving up on league games. I wasn't expecting us to win the league with 10 points and out of 3 teams we have the best chance to win it.
Regarding Messi: he should freaking run, period. He's our most important player , but he should run like everyone else. I don't blame him for yesterday's game, he is not a machine and fatigue gets him too, but I don't understand the fans who think Messi should have special privileges and I don't understand people who have unrealistic expectations from him.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Was away for the week end in a farm with poor 3g so couldn't watch the game at the time, but I was completely shocked by the result :(

Can't believe we lost yet again in Anoeta! :/

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't now what's wrong with Anoeta that makes our coaches feel "creative" and play the most stupid lineup possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans