Lliga | Round 27: Deportivo de La Coruña - FC Barcelona 2-1

bismp

We are not good enough to win both La Liga and the Champions League.We have to focus on one of the two competitions,otherwise we are probably going to lose both.

La Liga is still on though.If Real win tonight and against Celta,they will be 4-5 points ahead.If we beat them at the Bernabeu,that'll be only 1-2 points.Real will lose these points eventually.

booge

Don't talk bad about psg performance. Because to be in CL still and to have lost this game .100%of the fans would have said YES!

So now we move on and it starts again at Nou Camp.

Altomonte

We were tired and it was away from home and it rained too much in the first half - what else? Yes, Neymar did not play and our subs are not good enough ...
This result did not come as a big surprise, just a quite normal reaction after the miracle game against PSG.
It also shows that even bottom teams in La Liga are quite decent.
Let's just forget this match as quickly as possible.

F

FlaFCB

lol .. we have more chances winning Laliga than winning the champions league .. This lot has zero chance winning against europeen top teams for 3 consecutive stages.

Nah. I think we have more chances in the CL. The format suits this team way more. They're also more motivated for it. La liga needs consistency, which we don't have.

There's a certain lack of professionalism at Barca. Why would Neymar be excused from a very important match to go and have fun at a birthday party? Luis Enrique permitted for certain players to jump ranks and behave as if they're more important than the club.

Richard.H

All I know is if Sampaoli or Bielsa become the next coach, then both Messi and Neymar will face some serious consequences for their actions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What's most worrying about this team this season is that when Messi or Neymar fail to dribble 3 players and create clear cut scoring chances, we have nothing going forward. As we saw today, Messi was off and we could get nothing going in attack.

Unfortunately Iniesta is getting to a point in his career where we can no longer rely on him to create consistently. This is not Barca, this is not our style.

We are at our best when we play short creative passes in attack and look to open the other team up with possession or strike quick with MSN on the counter. For the most part of this season we've lacked ideas going forward and usually score our goals through sheer might and repetition, PSG for instance.

We still have loads of possession but it's not useful possession, just sideways passing. We now score by crossing it into the box and somehow managing to bundle in an ugly goal. This is not our style and is definitely not sustainable with the the of players we have. Lucho needs to figure it out and quick or this season is a goner.

Even against PSG, two of the goals were penalties, the first two were ugly flukes and the other two were produced from Neymars individual brilliance.

Yes but this problem is not new, it has been our problem for quite some time. I was defending some of our players before and thought a new manager was the only thing we need, but now I am thinking we need both.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The only positive I see is that this game is proof that 3-4-3 is not a silver bullet... I'm not going to be harsh on Lucho by giving a fair chance to zombies like Gomes and Arda, because those two should have done better...

So all in all, let's hope we drop the deadweight and make our best effort until the end of the season...

FC B

Horrendous performance by Barca but players were spent mentally and some probably physcially after the tremendous effort they all put in agains PSG in order to overturn that huge deficit.

I reckon both Barca and Mierda will lose more points, for me La Liga certainly isn't over, yet...

Science Kid

This is why football can be so misleading since the result influences how people think about a particular game.

We didn't play a very good game against PSG, it was a game where everything that could have gone wrong for PSG did, including their disinterest of actually playing football. We didn't create 2 good chances in the entire game.

First goal, not a chance but a huge mistake by the defense
Second goal, again not a chance, awful own goal
Third goal, a penalty
Fourth, a free kick
Fifth, a penalty
And finally, a cross when everyone was in the box, great ball by Neymar.

When you couple that with missing Neymar, today's result is not really surprising. We can't create chances unless one of the front three makes a solo run/move. Even in the PSG game the midfield did next to nothing creating chances. Being dependent on the front three is great when they are all firing on all cylinders like in 2015 but Messi is not in a good form at all which leaves us in no man's land especially when party boy is ''injured''.

Home of Barca Fans