Marco Asensio

Windhook

That shot was something I've seen executed only by Bobby Charlton on b&w footage from the 60's.

I don't think he is raw anymore. That's what he is - great hard accurate shots. In my eyes he is set to become Raul's successor, although Ascensio lacks some of the technique the Real Madrid legend had.

El Gato

Villarato!
That shot was something I've seen executed only by Bobby Charlton on b&w footage from the 60's.

I don't think he is raw anymore. That's what he is - great hard accurate shots. In my eyes he is set to become Raul's successor, although Ascensio lacks some of the technique the Real Madrid legend had.

Very difficult to do what he does at that frequency. Only gifted people have this sort of accuracy in striking the ball from outside the box at this age. It's important to cultivate that confidence to make use of it, but at the same time the team and supporters see through it, because it is quite superficial. He's got this long, lean athlete body, very much suited for counters - see 3rd goal vs Barca this year or how he starts off the counter yesterday. ATM it's hard to pinpoint his exact strengths apart from that. His crossing isn't anywhere near to comparable to the top crossers in Europe like Marcelo, Eriksen, Pogba or even Azpi, and his decisions aren't always the best either. Numerous times this season he's fucked up like a rookie by not laying it off to a better positioned teammate. The best comparison I can think of right now is Gerrard if you imagine him as a dynamic winger as opposed to a central role. And at this rate within 2 seasons he'll defo be a more accomplished player than Stevie ever was :lol:

Last edited:

Windhook

Very difficult to do what he does at that frequency. Only gifted people have this sort of accuracy in striking the ball from outside the box at this age. It's important to cultivate that confidence to make use of it, but at the same time the team and supporters see through it, because it is quite superficial. He's got this long, lean athlete body, very much suited for counters - see 3rd goal vs Barca this year or how he starts off the counter yesterday. ATM it's hard to pinpoint his exact strengths apart from that. His crossing isn't anywhere near to comparable to the top crossers in Europe like Marcelo, Eriksen, Pogba or even Azpi, and his decisions aren't always the best either. Numerous times this season he's fucked up like a rookie by not laying it off to a better positioned teammate. The best comparison I can think of right now is Gerrard if you imagine him as a dynamic winger as opposed to a central role.

You just named all the reasons why Zidane doesn't feature Asensio regularly in the lineup. He is crowd-pleaser, no doubt, but he fucks up the game plan when it's not about counter attacks.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] started a Real Madrid forum if I am not wrong. He stopped visiting here after he got busy with maintaining that forum

Devils

*Bump*

I'm going to bump this thread every two months for the rest of this guy's career.

Since my last thread bump (back in October), the player who gets compared to Dembouz and Mbappe and was hailed as the new Cristiano/Raul has done very little including NOT scoring any long range goals.

Last edited:

Alik

*Bump*

I'm going to bump this thread every two months for the rest of this guy's career.

Since my last thread bump (back in October), the player who gets compared to Dembouz and Mbappe and was hailed as the new Cristiano/Raul has done very little including NOT scoring any long range goals.

Dembele hasn't really been doing anything either though.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
*Bump*

Yall so quick to beat this guy. He is gaining experience, it is normal at this stage for players to figure out their skillset and improve their weaknesses, and Asensios is passing which is visibly improving.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Nothing really happened. Just a while now since he scored a stunner. As soon as he hits one he is back to being the best talent in the world. That’s how it works for these long shot merchants. Reminds me a lot of James, actually.

Home of Barca Fans