Aleix Vidal

Messi983

Why keep the inferior player?
Vidal has been bad for 2 years, 28 going 29 and his relation with coaches left a lot to be desired, the sooner you can get rid of him the better. He is the one who should go first, him staying was wrong in 1st place
Gerard at least was useful player in many games and EV got the best out of him in that regard, sure he can be very frustrating but this is Vidal we are talking about

Where are you getting this from? It's true he had problems with Lucho (but he's not the only player so is that only his fault?) but he then worked hard enough to convince Lucho to give him a second chance. I don't think he has bad relationship with Valverde, it's just that EV has quickly seen that Vidal is not RB but he could still be useful as winger.

For me Vidal is a superior player to Deulofeu. I don't care too much about their longterm potential because none of them should be here anymore next season but for the rest of this season I'd rather keep Aleix.

khaled_a_d

Where are you getting this from? It's true he had problems with Lucho (but he's not the only player so is that only his fault?) but he then worked hard enough to convince Lucho to give him a second chance. I don't think he has bad relationship with Valverde, it's just that EV has quickly seen that Vidal is not RB but he could still be useful as winger.

For me Vidal is a superior player to Deulofeu. I don't care too much about their longterm potential because none of them should be here anymore next season but for the rest of this season I'd rather keep Aleix.

He fell clearly out of 2 coaches early, EV still gives him chances but he is doing the same with every player not named Arda, ok may be I am exaggerating a bit in that regard
I didn't talk about their long term potential, but age is factor when you sell a player, when you have someone aged 28-29 you have smaller room of getting money for him and usually he is less patient with playing time
Gerard fought hard to get the chance to play here, and he will probably be fine with completing the season and then moving out. can't say same thing about Vidal specially when his agent talks about moving out already

Messi983

He fell clearly out of 2 coaches early, EV still gives him chances but he is doing the same with every player not named Arda, ok may be I am exaggerating a bit in that regard
I didn't talk about their long term potential, but age is factor when you sell a player, when you have someone aged 28-29 you have smaller room of getting money for him and usually he is less patient with playing time
Gerard fought hard to get the chance to play here, and he will probably be fine with completing the season and then moving out. can't say same thing about Vidal specially when his agent talks about moving out already

Gerard is younger but his contract expires in 2019 while Vidal is under contract until 2020 so we actually have less time to sell Deulofeu and to be fair, we won't get much for anyone of them. With Gerard clearly way down in Valverde's pecking order at winger (now also with Dembele and Rafinha returning) I don't see him getting much playing time in second half of the season. That's why I'd sell him for what we can get now with Inter apparently interested before his value will go even further down.

I'm not against selling Vidal if we can get around 15M for him (we won't), but there were only rumours about loaning him which don't make much sense as I think he can still be useful squad player. He's also perfectly fine with his role in the team so there won't be any problems because of less playing time. So unless we would loan him with an obligation (not an option that then will never be used) to buy in summer I'd prefer to keep him over Deulofeu.

Dembele and Rafinha are both coming back from longterm injuries and will be slowly integrated back so he could play a lot especially in Copa games in January. And with our good lead in La Liga he could also be used in easier home league games if/when Valverde will rest starters before important CL fixtures.

God Serena

Gerard is younger but his contract expires in 2019 while Vidal is under contract until 2020 so we actually have less time to sell Deulofeu and to be fair, we won't get much for anyone of them. With Gerard clearly way down in Valverde's pecking order at winger (now also with Dembele and Rafinha returning) I don't see him getting much playing time in second half of the season. That's why I'd sell him for what we can get now with Inter apparently interested before his value will go even further down.

I'm not against selling Vidal if we can get around 15M for him (we won't), but there were only rumours about loaning him which don't make much sense as I think he can still be useful squad player. He's also perfectly fine with his role in the team so there won't be any problems because of less playing time. So unless we would loan him with an obligation (not an option that then will never be used) to buy in summer I'd prefer to keep him over Deulofeu.

Dembele and Rafinha are both coming back from longterm injuries and will be slowly integrated back so he could play a lot especially in Copa games in January. And with our good lead in La Liga he could also be used in easier home league games if/when Valverde will rest starters before important CL fixtures.

I disagree strongly with the notion that Vidal could be a useful squad player for us. He's a complete nightmare in defense, and every argument used for why Deulofeu wouldn't be needed at RW applies just as much if not more to Vidal, who doesn't even provide the crossing Deulofeu can. Comparing how much we could make for selling either one is essentially comparing nickels to pennies but Vidal for me is the worst player on the team next to Arda and after losing favor with two coaches in a row it's clear he has nothing to offer us, especially with Dembele and Rafinha returning from injury.

Potroh

but Vidal for me is the worst player on the team next to Arda and after losing favor with two coaches in a row it's clear he has nothing to offer us, especially with Dembele and Rafinha returning from injury.

I do agree with you, with the slightest difference that for me Vidal was still better compared to Gomes.

MessiTHEgoat

Im surprised nobody went at him lol.

worst player in the pitch from our side by far, valverde is giving him too much playtime for nothing, I remembered how many chances he missed against deportivo.

how could you expect to win titles when your supposed squad player misplace passes like this: https://j.gifs.com/nrN82p.gif

terrible.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans