Copa: FC Barcelona - Murcia 8-0 agg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Newer Barca fans got spoiled by trophies since Rijkaard, Pep era. There was a time Copa was prestigious competition and meant the world to Barca fans. I remember distinctively 1997 and our Copa win. Our epic wins over Capello's Real , reigning champions Atletico (legendary match) and ultimately final win vs. Betis who were one of the best teams in the league. Those matches were thrilling and almost on par as league significance.

Alik

Those games are their opportunity to show they deserve to play in more meaningful games.

Also, I know I'm in minority here and most people don't care about Copa but I've always liked this competition so I don't consider those games as less important.

You don't consider a last-16 game against a Segunda B team, in which we won 3-0 in the first leg, as less important?

okp66FD.gif

FCBfan22

Oriol Busquets starts. Cool.

It will also be interesting who plays RB Vidal or Semedo. Expecting Semedo there, but Valverde will maybe experiment with Semedo as a RW. But it's probably this:

----------------Cillesen---------------
Semedo--Pique--Vermaelen--Digne
-------------Busquets----------------
---------Alena--------Denis----------
-Vidal----------Paco--------Deulofeu

Shame that Arnaiz isn't playing instead of Deulofeu.
Also, Pique captain for the 1st time?

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Oriol Busquets starts. Cool.

It will also be interesting who plays RB Vidal or Semedo. Expecting Semedo there, but Valverde will maybe experiment with Semedo as a RW. But it's probably this:

----------------Cillesen---------------
Semedo--Pique--Vermaelen--Digne
-------------Busquets----------------
---------Alena--------Denis----------
-Vidal----------Paco--------Deulofeu

Shame that Arnaiz isn't playing instead of Deulofeu.
Also, Pique captain for the 1st time?

Meh. Valverde could have fitted more B team players. Cucu, Arnaiz?

Curious to see what Busquets can do.

M

MessiCam

Arnaiz is coming off a slight injury.

Everybody has the lineup as a 4-2-3-1 with Denis and Oreo as pivots. Aleñá as CAM.

We’ve been Valverde’d ladies and gentlemen.

Messi983

You don't consider a last-16 game against a Segunda B team, in which we won 3-0 in the first leg, as less important?

I was talking about Copa as a tournament. And if you want to win it then you have to go through games like this.

slvtn

Arnaiz should start every match ahead of Deulofeu. Basically 70 year old men should start ahead of Deulofeu, but Arnaiz has potential.

M

MessiCam

Denis, Aleñá, Roberto showings the clowns Rakitic, Suarez and Gomes how to play one touch ball.

That second half was the most enjoyable half of soccer I’ve watched in a long time. Aleñá 95% passing accuracy... Roberto 100%...

Where is BBZ8800?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Must be alone here but wasn't that impressed. Expected more from Alena and Denis in particular. Busquets didn't have much to show playing as DM against such defensive team.

I did like Arnaiz though. Kid has spark and we could definitely use him more.

BBZ8800

Denis, Aleñá, Roberto showings the clowns Rakitic, Suarez and Gomes how to play one touch ball.

That second half was the most enjoyable half of soccer I’ve watched in a long time. Aleñá 95% passing accuracy... Roberto 100%...

Where is BBZ8800?

Copa against Murcia, 8:0 aggregate.

I am not sure if you are serious.

Home of Barca Fans