FC Internazionale Milano

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I was so pissed when Destro was part of the exchange for Rannochia but now that there is Longo I really hope he gets playing time for the first team. Although Destro is the more proven player, I cannot dwell on it and just hope that Longo comes through this year. But more excited about Marko Livaja who is an 18 year old Crotian with a solid record for Croatia youth. Never new Inter signed Gaby from Bologne on loan. Hope he brings that energy to Inter's midfield like Viera did (LOL). Looking at the Inter squad and it is ughhh:

Veterns: Stankovic, Gaby, Cambiasso
Mature: Sneijder, Alvarez, Guarin, Mariga
Youngsters: Obi, Benassi Marco, Coutinho, Duncan

I don't know anything about Duncan or Marco besides the fact that Marco Benassi has an awesome name and makes me feel like he will be awesome. I really like Daniel Bessa but he is not registered to the first team. With all due respect to Javier Zanetti but he is getting ridiculous, he should just give way to new players and help out in coaching. Chivu should just do us all a favor and quit Inter Milan. For better or worse, Juan Jesus played in the Olympics but I thought he was absolutely shit. I don't know if there is more to him or not because I also thought Thiago Silva was even worse.

XaviMessiGirl

Zanetti is still awesome as a fullback, he's just shit when played in midfield and has no business playing there. Chivu should have left but instead got a contract renewal which I've still yet to understand, Stankovic should have left too because he's old and no longer effective. Cambiasso has declined, Mudingayi is average and they could have signed better than that, beyond me why Poli wasn't signed after his loan when the price was only 6m. Silvestre is ok but looks like he will be played out of position. They screwed over Ranocchia by not giving him enough playing time (he could have been a great defender but took a massive step back) and now seem to expect him to step up all of a sudden. The way they're treating Julio Cesar is ridiculous too. The only good-to-great players still around are Sneijder, Zanetti when used correctly, maybe Guarin, and Milito when he's having a good day.

The youth is really the only positive thing, and even then they let a promising RB in Faraoni leave to Udinese. But Coutinho and Obi are good of course. What I've seen of Duncan is that he is good, "Benny" Benassi looks ok too (I love his name as well :lol:). Longo has potential but is far from ready for the first team, Livaja looks more matured. Bessa is awesome but it will probably be another year or two before he gets in the first team. Other youth players that look like they might have a future: Mbaye, Bianchetti, and Crisetig (currently out on loan).

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Mbaye is so young so I understand. Rannochia was destroyed in so many games, not his fault but his senior partner for lack of guidance on the pitch. I am not worried about Rannochia, I am worried
more about Nagatomo and that miSfield.

XaviMessiGirl

Oh oops, that was confusing wording I guess, I meant Crisetig was the one out on loan, not all of them, Mbaye and Bianchetti are still with primavera, I think. Or they might have been promoted, I know they featured in preseason. Not sure if it's such a good idea to promote so many youth at once though.

Yeah Nagatomo isn't great either, he has pace but that's about it.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Ok, so I have not been hearing anything about Nigel and this makes me pleased. Gargano to Inter is all but formalized, Cassano and Pazzini swapped places officially. Inter will play a 4 2 3 1 now more so than ever with an ever expanding midfield and I am not sure who is the striker of choice is. I also do not know what is going to happen to Maicon, I hope Chelsea can give Inter 20 million for his services, he is done for Inter and won't repeat the same consistency. The coach is not too keen on keeping him on board and has no issue with his departure. It'll make me very sad but even though he is the best right back in the world his age is catching up. Cash in now is proper. I don't think Stankovic will be playing with Inter anymore or feature this much but anything could change. The squad looks like this:

1 Slovenia GK Samir Handanović
4 Argentina DF Javier Zanetti (captain)
5 Serbia MF Dejan Stanković
6 Argentina DF Matías Silvestre (on loan from Palermo)
7 Brazil MF Philippe Coutinho
8 Argentina FW Rodrigo Palacio
10 Holland MF Wesley Sneijder
11 Argentina MF Ricardo Álvarez
12 Italy GK Luca Castellazzi
13 Brazil DF Maicon
14 Colombia MF Fredy Guarín
16 Belgium MF Gaby Mudingayi (on loan from Bologna)
17 Kenya MF MacDonald Mariga
19 Argentina MF Esteban Cambiasso
20 Nigeria MF Joel Obi
22 Argentina FW Diego Milito
23 Italy DF Andrea Ranocchia
24 Italy MF Marco Benassi
25 Argentina DF Walter Samuel
26 Romania DF Cristian Chivu
27 Slovenia GK Vid Belec
33 Senegal DF Ibrahima Mbaye
40 Brazil DF Juan
41 Ghana MF Alfred Duncan
42 Brazil DF Jonathan
44 Italy DF Matteo Bianchetti
55 Japan DF Yuto Nagatomo
81 Italy FW Samuele Longo
88 Croatia FW Marko Livaja
99 Italy FW Antonio Cassano
— Brazil GK Júlio César

*Players in bold are youngsters.

Some say that a possible line up with look something like this:

Handanovic
Zanetti Matias Samuel Nagotomo
Cambiasso Mudingaye
Palacio Sniejder Cassano
Milito

I'd prefer to use Rannochia besides Matias or Samuel and have him actually develop instead of rot on the bench, I also would like to see Coutinho take command, the kid is talented and full of energy.

Home of Barca Fans