Arturo Vidal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That’s what I’ve been saying for a long time.. Sevilla and Croatia play a more open game and he is genuinely world class for them but for Barca he plays a limited role and it’s definitely not down to the coach or he’s been told to play like that like some people would like to think.

International Football is also nothing like Club Football.

There's no guarantee Rakitic could go to another team and play like he does for Croatia. He's a good player to have though so I'm not saying sell him, but we have to look at our options next year and possibly cash in before his contract runs out.

There's a reason Modric is rated higher than Rakitic and it's not because of bias. He can hustle and work hard in defence like he did for Croatia in the WC, but also be their main outlet forward and is a more mobile player. One of a kind really and a true World Class midfielder for Club & Country and the kind of player every team wished they had.

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]1025288778028601344[/tw]

Gerard Romero: "Last night FCB closed the transfer of Arturo Vidal for 3 Years. He will be paid €9 Million per year including variables."

LordLichtenstein

Paying €30M for a player turning 32 at the end of the season who isn't even in the top 10, maybe even top 20, of midfielders. Makes no sense for me.

Sorin

I like Vidal for 20-25m. It's a low risk, high reward transfer. The only issue is how will Valverde manage him and if he'll be able to keep his outbursts in check. Both the off and on field ones.

BBZ you happy now bro?

He'll shift goal posts like nobody's business anyway. The guy thinks he's never wrong. :lol:

Joan

Modrić is rated higher than Rakitić simply because he's a better player. Modrić is if not the best, one of the best midfielders in the world. That doesn't mean Rakitić is bad. While I'd take a few midfielders over him since he can't contribute much offensively here, there's no point in denying he's a top notch player.

raki

[tw]1025288778028601344[/tw]

Gerard Romero: "Last night FCB closed the transfer of Arturo Vidal for 3 Years. He will be paid €9 Million per year including variables."

I dont believe that 9M wage. Too much.

Both newspapers from Barcelona have an agenda against the club. It´s really strange.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Modrić is rated higher than Rakitić simply because he's a better player. Modrić is if not the best, one of the best midfielders in the world. That doesn't mean Rakitić is bad. While I'd take a few midfielders over him since he can't contribute much offensively here, there's no point in denying he's a top notch player.

Top notch player? Yes.

World Class and indispensable? I disagree. A soon to be 31 year old player whose best position is at DM for us is not that irreplaceable when we already have a better 31 year old DM in the squad.

We need more dynamism and mobility in our midfield. Rakitic is a great player to have for rotation, but he's enterting his last or second last season for the club and I have a bad feeling Busquets' level will drop off harder than Iniesta or Xavi's did when they got older since he's less mobile than both and he's struggling a bit more defensively lately.

Next few years is going to be tough when it comes to replacing some key players, but it will have to be done. Nothing good will happen if the club have blind faith in ageing players to get better when they age.

Home of Barca Fans