Final: Germany - Argentina 1-0(ET) - Germany are WC Champions for the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jägermeister

I think if Argentinia does not find some extra 50% they'll have a really hard time. Germanys weakness, counters could he their chance, but not if they play like yesterday. They weren't really trying to play quickly through midfield and break the dutch defense with speed. Messi will be always marked. He'll have two players standing on his feet.

The question will be how the argentinian defense will perform. Yesterday they weren't facing the quick and direct play Germany has shown against Brazil (also before the first goals).

The crowd will probably be on Germanys' side as well. I don't know if that will effect any of the players, but we'll see.

In the end Germany are the big favourite for me.

DennyCrane

I try to speak for my German fellas. I read many many comments about yesterday's match and the final vs Argentina and I have to agree with most of you. Germans are arrogant as fuck. They are talking about burying Argentina and that Messi won't do anything vs us.

Not just the German fans, but foreign fans of Germany, equally arrogant, guaranteeing an easy win over Argentina. ;)

Can we stop lumping everyone together right there ? Random remarks by germans equalling the standard of the BILD comment section anywhere on the interwebz aren't representative of a country. They merely represent the bottom of the barrel.

Still don't like Löw. :p
So would not be too happy if Germany wins it. Want to see Leo lift the trophy.

If you don't like Löw you better hope for a germany win because dis guy won't go anywhere if he doesn't take a trophy. Another 4 years with dis guy, don't know if I could stomach that tbh.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, one thing that goes in Argentina favor is Germany's style of play. Correction, two. They do have the best player on the planet in their ranks.

L

linetty

Argentina won 3-1 last time they met with Germany.

Come on, Messi!

S2K1985

Chatbot
Can we stop lumping everyone together right there ? Random remarks by germans equalling the standard of the BILD comment section anywhere on the interwebz aren't representative of a country. They merely represent the bottom of the barrel.

Are you sure about that? ;)

DennyCrane

Are you sure about that? ;)

I hope so. One can hope, right ? :lol:

Germanys weakness, counters could he their chance, but not if they play like yesterday. They weren't really trying to play quickly through midfield and break the dutch defense with speed.

Argentina didn't play with urgency throughout the entire tournament and yesterdays match was the epitome of it. Quite the contrary actually, they play it safe out of a solid organization.

The question will be how the argentinian defense will perform. Yesterday they weren't facing the quick and direct play Germany has shown against Brazil (also before the first goals).

1. Argentina defense performed admirably throughout the entire tournament. The organization is rock solid and nice too watch as well, if you're into that sorta thing. If there was no quick play by Holland, it's because it was suffocated on the spot.

2. The quick and direct play of Germany met a defensive organization in Brazil that resembled headless chickens, the shape of their defensive formation was abysmal. Drawing conclusions from that match is about as valid as drawing conclusions from the Portugal match.

Don't let the hype fool you, the match will be balanced. And unless somehow Germany score early and forces Argentina to abandon their shape, this might be a really long night.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

God I hate the German overrate that many people are doing.

Can only hope Messi finds his form and shows people that a once in lifetime player like he is can defeat the systematic machine Germans have created. Then I want them to over analyze where they went wrong doing so.

Hero football is dead for quite some time now.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
What I fear the most is that Loew will take a page from LvG's playbook in terms of NDJ shadowing Messi all game long, and Sabella and Messi not having a plan to react to that.
Why do you fear that? The last time he tried to man mark a player out of the game was in 2012, Kroos vs Pirlo :lol: You can be sure that if he tries that, he'll choose the least suitable player to do it.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Why do you fear that? The last time he tried to man mark a player out of the game was in 2012, Kroos vs Pirlo :lol: You can be sure that if he tries that, he'll choose the least suitable player to do it.

He'll get Neuer to mark Messi :coffee:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Di Maria should come on as a substitute, even if he is not 100% fit. He will make a great impact in later stages of the match with Germany tired like hell. Enzo Perez is playing nice, he should start.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans