Ivan Rakitić

Egert

Estonian Culé
Aaaand our new penalty taker is

2u4qa35.jpg

dakt

I think he is starting to play as if he is afraid to try anything else than safe passes. Do not like that. After a good start for him, he has been pretty average after the PSG debacle. Xavi deserves the start against Madrid based on the last 4-5 games.

Agree about Xavi. I'm afraid Rakitic could mess things up under the pressure. Sure he did good in the last game against RM with Sevilla, but this is something else.

raki

He can´t attack as much as in Sevilla because Iniesta does not defend that well. His work rate is precious.

SocalBarcaFan

He can´t attack as much as in Sevilla because Iniesta does not defend that well. His work rate is precious.

This as well as him having to cover for Alves as well. It's almost as if Barca are already playing with two DM's. After all the talk this summer about playing busquets and Masche at the same time we are sorta seeing what that would look like with Busi or Mashe with Raki. The difference with Rakitic is that he has a bit more offensive capabilities in my opinion than the other two with his great shot and vision. We just haven't seen it much over the past few games.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Rakitic is playing more of right back and cm rather than another DM which helps munir or suarez to come into middle and messi dropping deeper. Need to find the right balance that is it. His long balls are crucial for us this season.

CatalinR10

He is a great player , has done and will do great against lower ranked than Madrid teams but I don't see him as a big game player.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What was he supposed to do, though? He came in with the game already dead, he was probably just thinking of not screwing up...

This guy would be good for Everton or such team, i dont know, i dont get it, what is he doing here? he can be good against Almeria and thoose teams but against any quality side he is simply not good enough

Home of Barca Fans