Sergio Ramos

Beast

The Observer
I think it's pretty clear that CR7 is staying, he broke his media silence pact to say that he's happy in RM and that he'll stay.

You remember Gento famous quote ? 90 minutes is a long time in the Bernabeu ....i'd say 2 month is also a long time in the Bernabeu.. a lot can happen.. for now everyone is on holiday and teams are putting down their wish list... i thought CR would leave last summer but he stayed i'm not saying it will happen but there is some signs we can't ignore.. sure Mendez told CR to squash the rumors but you know CR so put yourself in his shoes? not the no 1 ? moving positions ? losing close friends ? preferred manager ? anything can happen between now & end of August.. could stay & could go i wouldn't put so much weight for early declarations especially with CR it's very tricky as virtually no one in the world of football apart from Messi can guarantee you 50 goals a season but on what expense ?

Great post Beast. I have a question for you. Where does CR fit in RM's pantheon of legends?
I haven't see any player score that much goals in so little time.. not even Messi who is now the all time great .. CR will not be as loved as Di Stefano or crest bearer as Raul or Iker but for sure his impact in terms of goals , fighting spirit (even if it's a lot about him not going gentle into the night and La Decima would put him as the no 1 CF of all time in our history and if he stays he can easily outdone all the remaining records we have in terms of goals scored which is remarkable considering he is breaking records of people who stayed for 10+ years like Raul and did it in a lot less games... astonishing
Also taking into consideration if this team didn't face probably the best team of all time at his peak CR could have easily walked home with double the CL's and double or triple the league titles.. it wasn't easy to stop that Barca and it takes a special team & players to that even temporally .. i honestly believed Messi will start to fade away but he re-invented himself as i mentioned and for CR to hold back this phenomena even for 2 years out of 6 is in itself a big achievement ..considering one is much more naturally gifted and the other rely on training& fighting spirit to keep up.. u got to respect & admire that

Beast

The Observer
Ronaldo lost some pace (he is much bigger than 3-4 years ago) but he is still ridiculously fast.

Define ridiculously fast ? i haven't seen Ronaldo out run anyone since his knee issue April 2014.. it's kept hush hush but you can see how even Carlo ordered him to move to the center to avoid exposing this weakness he can't outrun anyone now without hurting his knee.. you always see short burst but that's it as long as it's 3-4 yards nothing more.. his game last season had to change and it did.. but i'm sure you noticed how he lost a lot of his famous agility he is a poacher now

G

Gasgas

Welcome back. I was thinking about this transfer window (from RM's side) and I have no clue who'll we get. We might get De Gea but we might also get Leno or that other young GK who already said that he wants to join RM(forgot his name). We're also looking into a LB ,possibly a CB if one of our CB leaves, 1 MF, 1 right winger(Cheryshev might work ) and a striker. Those are all positions that we're most likely looking to sign even if we don't sell any players. Unlike previous trasfer windows where we had obvious interest ,for example : Bale,James we don't have anybody like that this summer. The only Galactico names that are being thrown around are Pogba(which we denied), Aguero (who's willing to stay at Man.City and I doubt we'll ditch Benzema) & Reus ( who isn't even linked with us anymore). So who do you think that we'll get and who would you like us to get? There's also the question of loaning players like Odeegard ,Asensio,Lucas Silva etc, taking care of Castilla and now former Real Madrid C players..

sterling :VdB:

S7_MUFC

United are absolute mugs if they swap De Gea plus cash for this guy.

De Gea is leaving anyway and getting Ramos will soften the blow. Ramos is not perfect defensively but his ability on the ball could be really useful for the system LVG is implementing and I think that's the reason for our interest although I'd be against paying over the odds to get him because there are other options out there.

Jenks

De Gea is leaving anyway [...]

Why is he? Why are United acting like beta males? They're one of the biggest clubs in the world. Losing him would be a massive blow and it's worth the gamble to tell him he's not going anywhere, then prove to him this season that he's at the right club. Asking for cash is Real Madrid spitting in your eye. They should be paying you, if anything.

BenRobbins

United are absolute mugs if they swap De Gea plus cash for this guy.

Really? I would be ecstatic if it happens.

We were looking at loosing de gea for £13 million or free next year. Instead we get to strengthen our weakest area with a leader who has won it all and a world class CB.

S7_MUFC

Why is he? Why are United acting like beta males?..
No we're not..Most United fans are impressed with our hard-line approach and we're unwilling to budge in terms of fee and Yesterday Marca even published an article about how LVG is sabotaging the deal by asking too much. I think this move is influenced by his girlfriend who's nearing 30 and probably want's to start a family..

Jenks

Really? I would be ecstatic if it happens.

We were looking at loosing de gea for £13 million or free next year. Instead we get to strengthen our weakest area with a leader who has won it all and a world class CB.

There's as much chance of Ramos being a calamity at the back for United as a titan, plus he has no resale value. De Gea on the other hand is probably one of the best keepers in the world, proven in the Premier League, and will only get better.

ceefoo

Graham Hunter: "Sergio Ramos has specifically told Real Madrid he is 100% committed to leaving and that he doesn't want RM to hold negotiations with any other club except Manchester United".

S7_MUFC

There's as much chance of Ramos being a calamity at the back for United as a titan, plus he has no resale value. De Gea on the other hand is probably one of the best keepers in the world, proven in the Premier League, and will only get better.

It's a huge risk but we're in such a good position financially that we can afford to try this and deal with the consequences next season if things don't work out...

MaxY

Devil May Cry
If he does want to leave we shouldn't allow him to leave without at least 60 M €. Freaking Luiz was 50 and Valencia are asking 50 for Otamendi. We're Real Madrid, it would be a disgrace to sell Ramos for like 40. Mangala was worth more than that.. Our reported targets are : Otamendi,Mustafi,Bonucci,Koscielny and Laporte.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
See how the big club values themselves in dealing with other clubs. Barca should take a leaf from Real book here

Home of Barca Fans