Luis Enrique

Raketa10

Lucho never had a perfect season. Although in his first year he won everything, you can recall that first few months were hard but that is also due to the players and situation he inherited after Tata Martino left. Some players were in really bad shape i.e. Pique.

Second season started really well, we played even better than in the first season but in spring after south American qualifications team fell apart and we never recovered.
All in all, I would say he was a good manager but some irrational rotations and decisions i.e. to buy Arda and Gomes, to start season without proper RB or play Mathieu against Juve were terrible.

Nerveless to win 8 or 9 trophies in 3 seasons is hard and I respect that a lot. We also must realize that our team is full of spoiled stars who are not willing to follow manager wishes all of the time so for some results we must blame players as well and not just Lucho alone.

Devils

Lucho can be praised for his results but being a manager isn't just about results.

Lucho did nothing to build us for the future, he eroded our identity to the point where we have a non-existent midfield and rely on 3 individuals to win us games and he wasted two years of transfers and massive amounts of capital on mostly terrible signings.

So Lucho leaves us with no identity or style of play, a bunch of (expensive) dead weight that we need to clear out and huge investments in transfers required to address an unbalanced and disjointed team.

God Serena

It's easy to let the treble and the double fool you, but Lucho only had one good year here- 2015. In his first months he was basically just how he is now. Then MSN decided to have their greatest era ever and carried us to that treble and even performed well in the following season, until everything fell flat at the start of 2016. We almost blew an enormous lead in La Liga due to Lucho's incompetence, and we were eliminated from the CL like we're just another Arsenal or Man City. His transfer policy was absolute dogshit and he seemed to have a deep fascination for pure garbage players. Bringing in the players he insisted we bring only served to make the team worse and outside of the abandoned projects that were Sandro and Munir, absolutely 0 progress was made in attempting to bring B team players up, and no, the argument that there wasn't anybody worth bringing up at any point is not actually valid.

The refusal to buy a RB when our only two players in that position are a CM and a winger/RB hybrid who is *systematically frozen out of the team* has got to be the single most idiotic managerial decision I've ever seen or heard of in any sport. And that's just the thing, Lucho is an idiot. He's no tactical mastermind and he seems clueless about the skills and talents of his own players. Subbing on Arda as a "defensive sub" and playing Gomes at every given opportunity no matter how poorly he plays is just the icing on the cake.

Lucky to win the treble (Thanks MSN)
Barely survived to get the double
Worst manager we've had since pre-Rijkaard.

Good fucking riddance. Hopefully his next team has an MSN on it, because if not he's going the way of Roma again, except his new club won't be as willing to forgive him for his ineptitude as our board.

serghei

You guys are overreacting big time. We are fine. We made a mistake with the RB situation and Lucho made a mess out of tactics and rotations this season. Nothing two very good signings and a new capable manager can't fix. If we still had Alves, we would be celebrating La Liga now and preparing for the 3rd straight double. His influence would have been enough to see us past the best Real since I'm watching football in Spain. That's how good we still are.

And keep in mind that we entered this season after a treble and a double, not after a trophyless season and a fluke CL win, not to mention a 4 year drought in La Liga.

If we get 2-3 signings right this summer, we are going to be a pain in the ass to play against. We already dominated both Madrid and Atletico in 4/4 games arguably in the league. Beating both Madrid and Atletico on their home stadiums proves that we can still be the best, it's just that we were up and down this season, and this fluctuations also happened in the critical part of the season.

I would say that overall, and without being emotional about this season and Madrid's recent success, Lucho's Barca has been the best team in the world over the last 3 years.

Last edited:

God Serena

You guys are overreacting big time. We are fine. We made a mistake with the RB situation and Lucho made a mess out of tactics and rotations this season. Nothing two very good signings and a new capable manager can't fix. If we still had Alves, we would be celebrating La Liga now and preparing for the 3rd straight double. His influence would have been enough to see us past the best Real since I'm watching football in Spain. That's how good we still are.

And keep in mind that we entered this season after a treble and a double, not after a trophyless season and a fluke CL win, not to mention a 4 year drought in La Liga.

If we get 2-3 signings right this summer, we are going to be a pain in the ass to play against. We already dominated both Madrid and Atletico in 4/4 games arguably in the league. Beating both Madrid and Atletico on their home stadiums proves that we can still be the best, it's just that we were up and down this season, and this fluctuations also happened in the critical part of the season.

I would say that overall, and without being emotional about this season and Madrid's recent success, Lucho's Barca has been the best team in the world over the last 3 years.

We weren't the best team in the world this season or last season. The best team in the world doesn't get eliminated in the quarter finals of the CL, they don't get humiliated in the CL, and they don't lose the league because of dropped points to Malaga, Alaves, and Deportivo.

We were the best team in the world when we won the treble, but even then I'd attribute that mainly to MSN, who scored a simply ungodly amount of goals that were largely focused in the second half of the season, making it even more ridiculous.

serghei

We weren't the best team in the world this season or last season. The best team in the world doesn't get eliminated in the quarter finals of the CL, they don't get humiliated in the CL, and they don't lose the league because of dropped points to Malaga, Alaves, and Deportivo.

We were the best team in the world when we won the treble, but even then I'd attribute that mainly to MSN, who scored a simply ungodly amount of goals that were largely focused in the second half of the season, making it even more ridiculous.

I'd say we were the best team in the world in the first season of Lucho, and as well in the 2nd season. It is true that we had periods in which we had problems, but no team has dominated as clearly in Lucho's 3 year time as Barca. Only this season's Madrid can compete.

Last edited:

Zebulun

Lucho can be praised for his results but being a manager isn't just about results.

Lucho did nothing to build us for the future, he eroded our identity to the point where we have a non-existent midfield and rely on 3 individuals to win us games and he wasted two years of transfers and massive amounts of capital on mostly terrible signings.

So Lucho leaves us with no identity or style of play, a bunch of (expensive) dead weight that we need to clear out and huge investments in transfers required to address an unbalanced and disjointed team.

and he leaves us in a much worse state than he arrived. he can fuckoff to birmingham or stoke with his shit brand of football. even Roma and totti kicked him out.

serghei

and he leaves us in a much worse state than he arrived. he can fuckoff to birmingham or stoke with his shit brand of football. even Roma and totti kicked him out.

No, actually, he leaves us with 1 more CL, 2 more La Ligas, probably 3 more Copa del Reys, 1 more Club World Cup, 1 more Spanish Supercup, 1 more European Supercup.

Zebulun

I'd say we were the best team in the world in the first season of Lucho, and as well in the 2nd season. It is true that we had periods in which we had problems, but no team has dominated as clearly in Lucho's time, than Barca. Only this season's Madrid can compete.

we were only the best "team" in his first year because of Messi. lets not forget that messi was the one who told suarez to play in the center because lucho wanted suarez as RW.
lucho kept on making dumb decisions like playing mathieu as LB vs celta and malaga when we all knew that was failure from the get go. so no i don't give lucho a free pass.
I have way more sympathy for Tata and his ugly pistachio shirts who was one call away from winning la liga with a shitty fabregas.

JamDav1982

we were only the best "team" in his first year because of Messi. lets not forget that messi was the one who told suarez to play in the center because lucho wanted suarez as RW.
lucho kept on making dumb decisions like playing mathieu as LB vs celta and malaga when we all knew that was failure from the get go. so no i don't give lucho a free pass.
I have way more sympathy for Tata and his ugly pistachio shirts who was one call away from winning la liga with a shitty fabregas.

Thats is not true at all.

MSN were all huge that season and Barca improved in defence and set pieces etc.

It is not all on Messi. This argument only comes up when win which makes no sense.

Messi didnt suddenly decide Suarez was to be CF for rest of season either another fallacy. Lucho changed the whole style of team to allow the front three to work with Messi on right. When seen it work in that game.

Why doesnt Messi decide to play in position now to win treble?

It is like saying Messi told Pep he was to play false nine and that all success after that is his credit.

Zebulun

Thats is not true at all.

MSN were all huge that season and Barca improved in defence and set pieces etc.

It is not all on Messi. This argument only comes up when win which makes no sense.

Messi didnt suddenly decide Suarez was to be CF for rest of season either another fallacy. Lucho changed the whole style of team to allow the front three to work with Messi on right. When seen it work in that game.

Why doesnt Messi decide to play in position now to win treble?

It is like saying Messi told Pep he was to play false nine and that all success after that is his credit.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/luis-suarez-reveals-leo-messi-told-play-central-striker-game-cadena-cope/

JamDav1982

What are you trying to prove with that?

Know fine well Messi said that to Suarez during game. Messi didnt decide to play like that the rest of the season or to devise a new tactical approach to move ball quicker to front three or change the role of likes of Rakitic and Alves.

As said Messi also said to Pep he wanted to play in middle and Pep changed team to make it happen. Does he get all credit?

If Messi has at his fingertips the ability to choose his own position and win trebles then let him do it every season.

Home of Barca Fans