The Dutch Eredivisie

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
4 more goals for Luis Suarez last night as Ajax beat Slovan Bratislava 5-0. That's 9 in Suarez's last 3 games...sign him up Txiki!

A

Aedonys

Remember Afonso Alves?

There is a huge gap between the quality of Eredivisie and Liga.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
A

Aedonys

Your point? He came quite a long time ago.

The quality has decreased alot since then.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Your point? He came quite a long time ago.

The quality has decreased alot since then.
not really, you just always have to be careful with strikers from the Eredivisie as all teams play so wide open that a starting striker is bound to score a lot of goals.

That said, Suarez is an awesome player.

A

Aedonys

Firstly the defenses are Eredivisie are nowhere near as good as they used to be even 4-5 years ago. Let alone in 2001. Most anyone who watches Eredivisie consistently will tell you the same.

Anyways, Suarez is v.good no doubt. But he's not meant for Barca IMO.

-He'd cost around 20 Million. Maybe more as the season has already started and they don't have time to get a replacement.
-He's not a striker. More like a supportng striker/wing forward etc.
-He'll obviously won't be a starter.
-He has no Liga experience.
-Pedro/Bojan have the potential to exceed him.
-Dives alot. And does it in an annoying Capel sort of way.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Firstly the defenses are Eredivisie are nowhere near as good as they used to be even 4-5 years ago. Let alone in 2001. Most anyone who watches Eredivisie consistently will tell you the same.

Anyways, Suarez is v.good no doubt. But he's not meant for Barca IMO.

-He'd cost around 20 Million. Maybe more as the season has already started and they don't have time to get a replacement.
-He's not a striker. More like a supportng striker/wing forward etc.
-He'll obviously won't be a starter.
-He has no Liga experience.
-Pedro/Bojan have the potential to exceed him.
-Dives alot. And does it in an annoying Capel sort of way.

Not a striker? You're having a laugh mate, the guy right through the middle and is Ajax's biggest goal threat.

No Liga experience? That's hardly a reason not to sign him.

Pedro and Bojan? I disagree I think Suarez is a far better player than Bojan and Pedro is the same age as Suarez and achieved nothing compared to the Ajax man.

I'll give you the diving thing but that doesn't stop us playing Alves and Busquets.

Beast

The Observer
I'll have to disagree with you Adam, Suarez is not a striker..he'll do the job but he is the winger for the 4-3-3
And he is better much better than Pedro and possibly Bojan (he is still younger )

A

Aedonys

I said "potential to exceed". Which is my opinion as I see different qualities.

And the fact that Ajax want a striker and Jol said so after the PSV game should be proof enough. He is NOT a striker. You clearly don't watch him enough if you say otherwise.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
9 goals in three games playing as a central striker suggest that he may be more suited to playing there.

Which is my opinion

So what if it's your OPINION? Aren't we all here to opine? Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one, and even arseholes have opinions.

Home of Barca Fans