Antoine Griezmann

Stoichkov1

You're seriously citing a video from 2011 to reference how Messi plays nowdays?

Set pieces and corners? What a great 3 extra header goals per season we'll have! Wonderful!

Griezmann is a much more mobile player than Kane, much better at associative play, a much more clinical finisher (probably a top 3-5 finisher in all of football), and a much better fit culturally in our squad.

Yes and with Griezmann we'll have another midget in the team.

Next year it will be again the same story in UCL, the opponents will demolish us and we won't even have a shot on target.

JamDav1982

Yes and with Griezmann we'll have another midget in the team.

Next year it will be again the same story in UCL, the opponents will demolish us and we won't even have a shot on target.

Barca scored 4 v Roma and what they lacked was on the break in second leg as Roma held a high line. That and the defence.

Griezmann adds something totally different to what is there already. Not just more of same as try to make out.

Stoichkov1

No he is nowhere near being a 'great passer' and better passer than every striker on planet.

He is decent on ball.

You fucking love Higauin and mentioned him as a player a few posts back which says it all. Then spoke about players you dont even watch.

Kane wont sign anyway so all good.

No I don't love Higuain. I just used him as an example of a striker. If we want to replace Suarez I would sign a striker and Higuain is a striker unlike Griezmann.

Lewandowski, Cavani, Higuain etc. are all awful at passing the ball. Compare their performances against Real with Kane's performance against them or Juve.

With Griezmann we would have another midget in the team while every other top team in Europe uses crosses to create chances. Real Madrid are gonna win their 3rd CL in a row and they cross the ball for 90 mins. I'm not saying we should become like them but with only midgets we're too predictable.

Barca scored 4 v Roma and what they lacked was on the break in second leg as Roma held a high line. That and the defence.

Griezmann adds something totally different to what is there already. Not just more of same as try to make out.

Yes and 2 were own goals. Also Roma is a worse team than Real or Bayern or Juve, so realistically we wouldn't even have a shot on target against them.

I never said that Griezmann isn't a brilliant player. He's comfortably better than any attacking player we have except Messi, but I think he's too similar to Messi to shine at Barca.

JamDav1982

No I don't love Higuain. I just used him as an example of a striker. If we want to replace Suarez I would sign a striker and Higuain is a striker unlike Griezmann.

Lewandowski, Cavani, Higuain etc. are all awful at passing the ball. Compare their performances against Real with Kane's performance against them or Juve.

With Griezmann we would have another midget in the team while every other top team in Europe uses crosses to create chances. Real Madrid are gonna win their 3rd CL in a row and they cross the ball for 90 mins. I'm not saying we should become like them but with only midgets we're too predictable.

Yes so you would rather have Higauin than Griezmann as what you think a striker for Barca should be.

Those players are not awful at passing the ball and Kane 'great'.

Barca went out as couldnt hit Roma high line on break and couldnt defend not because couldnt find a way through over two legs.

We can see next season but Griezmann plays notihng like Messi.

Griezmann also adds versatility that those other players mentioned dont have.

Last edited:

Joan

Griezmann has scored some headers, also. I'd say he has the best moving in the world of football.

We'll be able to counter with him, too.

Givenchy

1 season under EV and people want physical midfielders, a tall ST and cross cross cross. Barca don't play that way and hopefully we never do or else our identity is totally gone

Stoichkov1

Yes so you would rather have Higauin than Griezmann as what you think a striker for Barca should be.

Those players are not awful at passing the ball and Kane 'great'.

Barca went out as couldnt hit Roma high line on break and couldnt defend not because couldnt find a way through over two legs.

We can see next season but Griezmann plays notihng like Messi.

Griezmann also adds versatility that those other players mentioned dont have.

Not a striker for Barca, only a striker.

Those players are awful at passing the ball compared to Kane who can also play like a 10 if he wants. Pochettino and Kane himself said that in interviews.

Yes it's true that Barca went out as they couldn't get pass Roma high line but in the end they scored 4 goals and 2 were own goals. Roma is a worse team than Juve or Real or Bayern, so realistically we would have even less shots on target against those teams just like it happened in 2017.

1 season under EV and people want physical midfielders, a tall ST and cross cross cross. Barca don't play that way and hopefully we never do or else our identity is totally gone

Yeah let's keep passing the ball sideways for 90 mins, I'm sure this tactic works in CL as our results prove.

JamDav1982

Not a striker for Barca, only a striker.

Those players are awful at passing the ball compared to Kane who can also play like a 10 if he wants. Pochettino and Kane himself said that in interviews.

Yes it's true that Barca went out as they couldn't get pass Roma high line but in the end they scored 4 goals and 2 were own goals. Roma is a worse team than Juve or Real or Bayern, so realistically we would have even less shots on target against those teams just like it happened in 2017.

Haha no Kane could not play as a 10 at any great level and is not a great passer no many how many times you try to repeat that.

Own goals coming from pressure in the box and players who may well have scored behind them.

Dont care if Roma is a worse team than Juve and Real.... Real who Barca put five past in two games and Juve who they put three past.

The best counter attacking teams have been dominating the CL. Barca need to get better at that and Griezmann would be right step.

malvolio

i'm not underrating griezmann as he's clearly a very good player. but, i still think he's not the one for us when we still have messi around.

i would still opt for a clinical no 9 or hard working forward that creates spaces, over griezmann.

Joan

What's wrong with crosses?

We wouldn't lose OUR identity. It wouldn't be like Pep's Barca, though.

JamDav1982

i'm not underrating griezmann as he's clearly a very good player. but, i still think he's not the one for us when we still have messi around.

i would still opt for a clinical no 9 or hard working forward that creates spaces, over griezmann.

He is clinical and about as hard working as it gets.

Who would you sign?

Stoichkov1

Haha no Kane could not play as a 10 at any great level and is not a great passer no many how many times you try to repeat that.

Own goals coming from pressure in the box and players who may well have scored behind them.

Dont care if Roma is a worse team than Juve and Real.... Real who Barca put five past in two games and Juve who they put three past.

If you have Rakitic who admits in interview that Barca won 4-1 but didn't play a great match or Owen who commented the match on bt sports and thought Barca were bad even if they won 4-1 you should consider that neutrals thought that Barca wasn't impressive, just like against Chelsea.

Barca scored 3 against Juve in group stages and 2 in a meaningless match which Real didn't care about. The only impressive performances was the 3-0 victory at the Bernabeu.

JamDav1982

Messi needs pace and movement around him, players running away giving him options. Not some penalty box no.9.

Defensively Barca cant have Messi behind some more immobile no9 left up park they need someone who can help drop and defend when needed.

Barca need versatile attackers who can play on break, can play wide, can link up play and react to Messi on the park and maybe play 3/4 positions as Messi has freedom to move.

That is what Barca need more than some traditional no.9 for Messi to 'cross ball to'.

Have seen Messi with Ibra, have seen Messi with more traditional no.9s with Argentina and it clearly doesnt suit him.

Stoichkov1

Messi needs pace and movement around him, players running away giving him options. Not some penalty box no.9.

Defensively Barca cant have Messi behind some more immobile no9 left up park they need someone who can help drop and defend when needed.

Barca need versatile attackers who can play on break, can play wide, can link up play and react to Messi on the park and maybe play 3/4 positions as Messi has freedom to move.

That is what Barca need more than some traditional no.9 for Messi to 'cross ball to'.

Have seen Messi with Ibra, have seen Messi with more traditional no.9s with Argentina and it clearly doesnt suit him.

Kane is not like Gerd Muller who just sits in the box waiting for balls.

He's like Suarez and makes run behind the defenders so Messi can feed him.

Kane can play on the break and he's brilliant at link up play.

He also has a decent workrate and if needed he can get back to defend.

Kane and Ibra aren't similar, Ibra is much more static than Kane which is the main reason one has flopped in Europe and the other scores almost every match in CL.

Home of Barca Fans