Van Persie

impeh

Hi, its me..
i wouldnt mind rvp, as he'd be somewhat cheap.

but he'd probably get injured for 3 months as soon as he arrives

DucdeOrléans

With NT, the ratios stand as Eto'o - 0.52, Thierry Henry - 0.46 and RvP - 0.43
So yeah, it is still not much different. I agree the ratios fall with age, and so they do too if there are frequent injuries!!

No he is not the best player after Messi and CR7... In fact CR7 is not the best after Messi. But that discussion can go on forever! There's no way we can mesure players ability levels and match them one on one!!

We just have to agree to disagree in this case I guess

Well, I used the data available on the English version of Wikipedia and they are usually correct but well it's only small details.

Yeah, but both Eto'o and Henry have struggled with injuries as well.

You are right that it eventually is a matter of personal preferences but despite not liking CR that much I find it hard to look past him. He is a absolutely brilliant player.

But yes, I think we need to disagree on this one. Nevertheless should RvP move to us this summer I will of course support him as anyone else in our squad but for my part at least I am hoping that the board will chose another option.

Last edited:

Robbie

If RVP leaves, someone else will step up. In Wenger's system, there's always a player that ends up being the sharp point that finishes off attacking moves started by the team. More than a decade ago, it started with Anelka -- a teenager from Paris who became top scorer. He left, and Wenger signed a certain winger by the name of Thierry Henry. There were a few articles I remember (one by Ian Wright himself) basically calling Wenger stupid for trying to convert Henry into a striker. Henry went 8 or so games without scoring a single goal, but when it happened, the floodgates opened.

And when Henry left in 2007, everyone wondered where the goals would come from. Replacing him was an inexperienced Togolese striker called Adebayor, who had only ever scored a handful of goals... He ended up scoring 30. When Adebayor left, the goals had to come from midfield because our main striker (RVP) was injured 24/7. The season he wasn't, you saw what happened.

If he leaves, someone else will step up. Someone always steps up.

gun__1337010456_podolski_shirt2.jpg

B

barcelonista

You're conveniently ignoring something though. Once that someone steps up, he decides not to finish his career at Arsenal. Examples?

- "a teenager from Paris who became top scorer"
- "a certain winger"
- "an inexperienced Togolese striker"
- a certain hill mouth who provided goals "from midfield"

:troll:

Robbie

I don't really know how to answer that question. It's complicated, and a sad situation we're forced to be in. No mega-rich owners, a new stadium to pay off, and in a league competing with two multi-billionaire bankrolled clubs and Manchester United.

Still, every year there's the small chance we might win something. 7 years of choking just before the finish line, but we actually have a squad full of experienced veterans now. Maybe this time, things will be different?

Theconomist

I hope so for you, I sympathise with Arsenal but my club in England is City.
A bit irrational but I like sheikh Mansoor, I was invited by his son to watch Barcelona lift the club world club in abu dhabi.
Magical moment.

Robbie

Doesn't make sense that City would go after another striker. What they have obviously needed are pacey wingers that can consistently beat their opponents and cross or cut inside. I expect them to go for Bale, Hazard, or even both. RVP? Not since they've gotten Dzeko and Aguero.

B

barcelonista

Doesn't make sense that City would go after another striker. What they have obviously needed are pacey wingers that can consistently beat their opponents and cross or cut inside. I expect them to go for Bale, Hazard, or even both. RVP? Not since they've gotten Dzeko and Aguero.

They will probably offload Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli though. At least one or two of them.

I can't see RvP moving within the Premier League tbh but if City triple his wages ...

Chainsaw

Killahead
that what Nasri said.

And look what he says now:

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money, I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winner’s medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now.

"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team.

"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

abual3bed1

And look what he says now:

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money, I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winner’s medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now.

"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team.

"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

I'm actually happy with what he said. from all EPL fans, Liverpool and Arsenal fans are the worst at treating their ex players (with so little exception).

I see Arsenal fans deserved what Nasri said about them, they've been bashing him all year and now he's a champion.

Robbie

:lol: Wow, you actually believe that? Nasri is a classless cunt, and that's not because he left Arsenal, it's the way he did. Nobody has a negative thing to say about Gael Clichy or Kolo Toure, or even Cesc Fabregas. Wonder why? Because they handled themselves with class.

He was flirting with Manchester United while still an Arsenal player, and the moment he left he started talking about how he was "at a big club now" and called the fans dispassionate. Yeah, the same fans that made a song for him and chanted it in the thousands.

Wenger took a chance on him, getting an injury prone 21 year old to replace our best box-to-box midfielder (Hleb). Wenger failed, he was shit for 2.5 years, had a good 6 months and turned his back on the club... then talked shit about the club. Fuck Nasri

Bergkamp10

Difference with RvP and other players is that he's an actual Arsenal fan and has been since he was a kid. If he goes, he goes abroad. Also have it on good authority that Arsenal will not sell to Man City, relations aren't great between the clubs.

Also been told that Arsenal will keep him even if he doesn't renew. Risky but I can see why they're doing it.

Home of Barca Fans