CL | 1/8: FC Barcelona - Arsenal 5-1 agg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altomonte

It rained during the whole game - we certainly don't like such 'English' conditions. Still, our 3 Amigos came through as usual. I feel sorry for Arda - his yellow card was undeserved - he was the victim of 'profiling'.

blaugrana1987

We paced ourselves for Villareal, its obvious. Tie was done in London, we took care of it here and that was it. As soon as Arsenal scored we bounced back in no time.

Lucho is absolutely mental coach. This team was always winners team, but now it looks like they cant fucking lose. They know next game is must win to seal the league, and tbh I'm sure we are winning it.

klc123

And Arsenal could've easily won it. We were clinical with our chances, that's why we are through. If they had scored another after their first, which they were very close at doing, it would've been game on. Welbeck alone with ter Stegen, hitting the post etc. We really like to live on the edge.

No.

That 'what if arsenal weren't shit at finishing' argument does not make sense. Do you think we would still be playing at a walking pace if we had lost the two goal cushion? Even after they brought it back to 1-1 (3-1), we raised it and scored another.

I'm amazed you seem to think we were clinical by the way. The amount of break-away chances wasted by Suarez and Messi, and Neymar's reluctance to be decisive instead of constantly looking to play Messi in...Were you even watching the game?

Anyone can see that the team, especially the front three, played well within themselves.

raskolnikov

I'm so drunk lads, you have no idea. If we don't win the CL, i'm gonna have a deadly hangover... that's how much I drank today. Fuck Arenal, fucky antone, who wants to take on the best. Lol Juve or Bayern, I don't care. They gonna get burned by my alcoholism and our teams proffesionalism. I'll drink with Mueller until he's dead and with Lewandowski until he's taken to a new camp.

:lol:

Devils

Well we played in 3rd or 4th gear and still managed to beat Arsenal 5-1 on aggregate.

Not a bad result at all. We are still head and shoulders above any other team in Europe. All of whom struggled in their CL ties.

SKS-

From the perspective of Arsenal fans, you would think they lost on away goals or something, but to be fair, a decade of mediocrity will do that to a fan-base; some satisfaction with glorious failure. If they had any sort of decisiveness in the final third, Barca would've had to respond, but it was never necessary. Overall, a decent performance by Barca, but the job was done and thats all that matters. Onto the QF! :barcascarf:

Truthist

In the end we eased through but worried at the regularity of Arsenal cutting through us. I think they had something like 20 shots. Yes, we were in 3rd gear but we shouldn't be complacent in the first place.

Our midfield was very fragile imo, with the lack of pace shown by Busquets allowing Arsenal to break through onto our defence with ease.

Perhaps , I'm expecting too much but I was also p1ssed at Messi barely breaking sweat and Suarez with his bizarre, suicidal passing.

B

beautifulgame

In the end we eased through but worried at the regularity of Arsenal cutting through us. I think they had something like 20 shots. Yes, we were in 3rd gear but we shouldn't be complacent in the first place.

Our midfield was very fragile imo, with the lack of pace shown by Busquets allowing Arsenal to break through onto our defence with ease.

Perhaps , I'm expecting too much but I was also p1ssed at Messi barely breaking sweat and Suarez with his bizarre, suicidal passing.

5-1

barcafan161

No.

That 'what if arsenal weren't shit at finishing' argument does not make sense. Do you think we would still be playing at a walking pace if we had lost the two goal cushion? Even after they brought it back to 1-1 (3-1), we raised it and scored another.

I'm amazed you seem to think we were clinical by the way. The amount of break-away chances wasted by Suarez and Messi, and Neymar's reluctance to be decisive instead of constantly looking to play Messi in...Were you even watching the game?

Anyone can see that the team, especially the front three, played well within themselves.

It's what Arsenal get for not having any striker.

beogatts

u cant accept our opponent to score even 1 huh :messi:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

Just BS as usual here. Our players are not machines that can turn themselves off and on as they please. Did you even watch our game against Deportivo? No? Thought so. That game shares many similarities to that one yesterday. Got the lead and start cooling down. Then Deportivo score one and they are just toying with us for the rest of the game. Conceding tons of chances with just a one goal lead. None of our players able to raise their game again like you seem to think is no problem for them.

In the end we drew that game, but if you saw it you would know we were lucky to get away with a single point from that game. Letting the opposition back into the game and giving them momentum when the scoreline is relatively close is nothing to fuck around with. Luck was with us again with that Suarez goal.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Oh crap. I remember nothing after the game... I've probably pissed off most of the people I know. If NSA really checks our fb conversations than that dude had a brilliant night :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans