Mirko Vucinic

R

Red Devil

Mirko Vucinic has reiterated his desire to stay at Roma amid strong reports linking him with Manchester United.

The talented striker has emerged as a possible target for Sir Alex Ferguson as he begins his search to replace Real Madrid-bound Cristiano Ronaldo.

Reports in Italy suggest informal contact has been made between the clubs for the Montenegro forward but Vucinic, who recently signed a new four-year deal, is happy to stay at the capital club.

"It's certainly pleasing that a great club like that are interested in me," he told Corriere dello Sport. "But I have only heard about it from the newspapers.

"At the moment I'm only thinking about relaxing by the seaside with my family.

"I've just signed a new contract and I'd like to stay at Roma."

Roma reportedly refused a €22million offer from United last summer for Vucinic but, knowing they have to sell to buy, could accept €25million for the 25-year-old.

Always plays well whenever Ive seen him play maybe worth a punt at that price.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A good player. Got a lot more praise last season than this year though. Tall and yet technical, could be a nice addition to any of the top clubs.
Not likely to move though, judging from the article you copy-pasted

R

Red Devil

Come on would you not think any Roma player with ambition would leave what is at best equal to either Aletico Madrid or Aston Villa in our leagues .

Roma cant compete on a level playing field with United , Liverpool , Barca , Madrid , Milan , Juve and maybe Bayern they will sell at the right price.

R

Red Devil

i do not blame you but i will not lose hope until the day i see puyol xavi iniesta or messi playing with another club in europe

You wont Im sure of that your players are the exception like Scholes , Giggs and Neville for us.

beef-supreme

After the last 7 days I dont believe there is any in football anymore.

After the last few summers we all knew what was coming Ronaldo-wise, and I'm sure United fans would have known too deep down, although you would have hated to admit it...
Same with Henry, everyone knew he would eventually go to Barca, it was just a question of time. And with Ronaldinho, and Eto'o too. He either leaves this summer or next, but he'll leave.

R

Red Devil

After the last few summers we all knew what was coming Ronaldo-wise, and I'm sure United fans would have known too deep down, although you would have hated to admit it...
Same with Henry, everyone knew he would eventually go to Barca, it was just a question of time. And with Ronaldinho, and Eto'o too. He either leaves this summer or next, but he'll leave.

Like I said in another thread if Fergie would of just let him leave last summer we would of been able to spend the cash a little more sensible but because of City and Madrid now he will spend nearly all of it on one player.

I have no respect for Ronaldo which is sad considering he achieved so much for United . He mislead the fans and the management for the best part of 3 years and in the end he resorted to bad behavour to get out of the club. Last season he was a joke like a child who was somewhere he didnt want to be he couldnt just get on with the job and show the fans respect .

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Whnever I see him live he never score for some reason but is a good player. But is he Manchester United quality ?

R

Red Devil

Whnever I see him live he never score for some reason but is a good player. But is he Manchester United quality ?

He scored against us in Rome dont you remember that ?

Are you a United fan VivaBarca or are you mainly a Barca fan .

I think fergie may be looking for more players who can accept a squad role this season we have had loads of problems with Tevez and Ronaldo .

Home of Barca Fans