• Neymar

Votes: 118 80.3%
  • Hazard

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Both are equal

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters

Schumi

They are totally different players really.

They are not totally different players. They are somewhat different players and there is no reason they cannot be compared. Neymar is the far superior player and the only reason something like this is even mentioned is that Hazard enjoys the EPL hype-machine treatment.

DrPepper

They are not totally different players. They are somewhat different players and there is no reason they cannot be compared. Neymar is the far superior player and the only reason something like this is even mentioned is that Hazard enjoys the EPL hype-machine treatment.

That's too easy. Sounds like people just trying to defend their own players. The same way as if Chelsea fans would say Hazard is better because Neymar plays in a "league with two teams".

In general I'd say Hazard is better in transitional phases and without the ball, while Neymar is a bit better with the ball, especially his end product. Both are fantastic players and no one is "overhyped" here. Even if, it'd be both because they are seen as world class players but have no trophies. A good player should have titles if they're playing for a top club.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Neymar has the end product that Hazard needs. Hazard with Neymar's end product would be the significantly superior player, but as it stands I'd have to say Neymar is the better player at the moment.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I want to say Hazard because I'm fanboying over him right now but in all honesty I can't. Neymar has stepped it up so much since last season.

If Hazard can improve his finishing and movement, he'd be able to match or surpass Neymar.

Ursegor

World Champion
Hazard is turning 24 next month. I doubt he will ever improve his finishing significantly enough. Even if he does Neymar's development won't exactly stand still at 22. In fact it should be easier for Neymar to improve his decision making and passing, something that naturally comes with experience, than it will be for Hazard to suddenly develop a goalscoring instinct. Something that doesn't necessarily come with age.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
That's what I'm worried about. I've been worrying about it for at least a year now. He's got it all to almost clearly be the best attacker after Messi and Ronaldo, but yeah, time waits for no one.

Schumi

The two were never in the same bracket.

Hazard is a world class (give or take, depending on your definition) attacking player that creates chances and scores lots of penaldos.

Neymar is a future Ballon winner.

khaled_a_d

Hazard is turning 24 next month. I doubt he will ever improve his finishing significantly enough. Even if he does Neymar's development won't exactly stand still at 22. In fact it should be easier for Neymar to improve his decision making and passing, something that naturally comes with experience, than it will be for Hazard to suddenly develop a goalscoring instinct. Something that doesn't necessarily come with age.

Neymar completes 23 less than a month after Hazard completes 24 .age wise a year difference isn't that big .both has the potential to improve . It depends on their hard work and their coaches ability to get the best out of them ,along with Gotze those are the players with the best chance to win Ballon d'or from the early 90's born generation

Andrew M

In terms of talent Neymar is streets ahead. You could build a team around Neymar. No way you could do that with Hazard.

Yannick03

In terms of talent Neymar is streets ahead. You could build a team around Neymar. No way you could do that with Hazard.

The Lille team of 2010/2011 that won the first domestic price of Lille in about 50 years was completely build around Hazard. He won every individual trophy in France multiple times before he turned 21. Don't let his current role at Chelsea fool you.

Andrew M

The Lille team of 2010/2011 that won the first domestic price of Lille in about 50 years was completely build around Hazard. He won every individual trophy in France multiple times before he turned 21. Don't let his current role at Chelsea fool you.

Ligue 1 was not so great. Why don't Belgium build their team around him? De Bruyne is better wouldn't you say?

Yannick03

So what ? He was still young and carried the entire weight of the team, I was just pointing out you can build a team around him cause you were saying it is impossible.

And yes, De Bruyne is consistently the best man on the pitch for Belgium. We don't build a team around Hazard, not that it can't be done but just as a matter of choice. We believe that we can get the most out of Hazard and the others in the current system. Again, this doesn't mean he can't be the main man.

Andrew M

So what ? He was still young and carried the entire weight of the team, I was just pointing out you can build a team around him cause you were saying it is impossible.

And yes, De Bruyne is consistently the best man on the pitch for Belgium. We don't build a team around Hazard, not that it can't be done but just as a matter of choice. We believe that we can get the most out of Hazard and the others in the current system. Again, this doesn't mean he can't be the main man.

Point taken, but maybe Hazard is more Di Maria level.

Home of Barca Fans